Muted InGame for over 24 hrs, Due to Selling Enchants

The problem with this blanket statement is that there is 0 proof of any abuse. The OP came here making an unsubstantiated claim and everyone is taking it at face value as they want RCR abuse to be a thing to make them sound right from when they said it would be a thing.

If you look at a forum where policies , etc. are usually discussed there are very rare cases of people posting things like what the OP claims and in almost every case it’s proven that they are indeed deserving of their silence.

3 Likes

It’s just part of the “social aspect” that everyone wanted with Classic. Then they realize that it just means way more activity in chat because it’s required to find groups and buy/sell services and they get upset because they’re too old to read quickly and too lazy to turn off the channel, or put it on its own tab, and self-righteous enough to think they’re somehow making anything better in the process.

1 Like

I agree. Trademark abuse. It’s canned luncheon meat.

I actually prefer WalMart’s generic to brand-name Spam. It’s cheaper and also tastier.

1 Like

Yes, Great Value!

1 Like

I dunno… it seems like report abuse to corner the market.

There appears to be quite of similar actions in the game… report abuse for dominating trade, safe spot abuse to control recipes, collusion to control devilsaur.

1 Like

Frishia = Karen

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t understand why everybody is giving you lip. There can be zero conversations happening in Trade (yes, this happens, sometimes) but somebody will be spamming “DPS LFG RFC!” like 2-3 times within like less than a Minute, and it’s like, really?

1 Like

Why do you jump to the assumption that the author of the thread did something wrong? Can you not assume that there are people abusing RCR? Are you suggesting that the victim should have done something differently from being RCR abused?

Maybe the author shouldn’t have dressed so spammy, amiright? People only report spam if it’s spam and they don’t do it for any sinister agendas that the system can’t detect.

3 Likes

This…(y)

the problem with that is he would have to break tos and post images to prove his innocence. furthermore blizzard games have been a hot bed of report abuse for years, they even encourage it with how the system is laid out. there are even youtube videos of people reporting people until they are silenced or banned.

and through all of it, its never the guy posting “leroy Jenkins” 300 times in a row, its generally just a guy trying to get something done, and a group targets them or its some guy who posted a few times in an emptier chat, and he gets hit for spam for posting 3 times in 10 minutes, because someone saw the same post a few times and they had to jump on their high horse and use the little bit of power blizzard gave them and smack some innocent person with their report stick.

3 Likes

This could be flipped the other way, why should we take the OP’s word for it? I’m just saying…

1 Like

Pretty much the first thing I did when I logged in at launch was separate all my chat tabs so I didn’t miss anything important and disable all global channels. My wow experience is quite peaceful.
I have rl friends and family for groups and I was there in vanilla like many of us, just not on this account. The community then was much like it is now and I ignored people then too. I love how people say the community was so great in vanilla…I lol hard every time I see someone say that.

1 Like

I’m not assuming they are lying, I’m not assuming they are not lying, I’m just stating a fact that when people post on the customer service forum and say ‘I was falsely silenced/squelched etc.’ for something that should not have caused that (like selling in trade) the Blizzard employee that can see why the action was taken in almost 100% of the cases has come back and said ‘that is not the cause of your silence and you are fully aware of why you were silenced’

2 Likes

This is true. The problem is do you think that the Blizzard customer service is quick to respond? Most of my tickets don’t get answered until 24 hours later.

See how that works? I can get a fake ban on someone so it benefits me now, and by the time the error is corrected, the sentence has already been carried out, and I’ve already got what I wanted. This was a huge problem in RBGs when teams could report healers for a game and win by default.

Yea it’s sad dude.

Classic is turning out exactly as I fear. You just can’t have a game now days with this Toxic Obama-era generation.

They are just to arrogant and self-centered it’s beyond tolerable. Nearly every person I lured back to wow/classoc is gone again.

Issues of ninja looting orders of magnitude higher than I ever saw in vanilla. Way way more.

Toxicity in groups up up up.

I’ve finally realized that its not a content thing… its a player base thing. You simply will never get what we had ever again. It’s a sad reality I’m finally acknowledging.

I’ve noticed in my guild that once people hit 60 and spend a few weeks doing end-game, that’s when they choke out.

RIP MMO’s… but hey Gen Z thanks!

Lets see, hour 28 of what he thought was a 24 hour silence. It doubles each time, so half would be 12 (of 24), then 6 (of 12) then 3 (of 6), I think they start at 3 hours? So that’s already 3 strikes, and if he’s on hour 28, then it would probably be doubling from the 24, so 48 hours, that’s 4 strikes.

I dunno what gives me the idea he did something wrong.

As for someone abusing RCR, Sure, I can agree that happens, I also think that it wouldn’t take much for a GM looking at the reports to notice if they are all from one guild.

Your calling him a victim, when he is apparently, by his own admission, on his 4th silence, is kind of pushing that victim thing a bit don’t ya think?

As for how he’s dressed, I did not look. Sorry I won’t grace that with any other comment, however much I’d like to.

1 Like

Grow up kid. Find some other medium to displace your personal real-life baggage.

3 Likes

So, if I were to create a thread talking about a problem, I am to be believed? Is that the consensus? Likewise, you could ignore me assume I’m Trolling or the not so nice word without accusing me of actually being one. And, I’m not assuming anything. IDK if the OP is telling the truth or not. It’s quite possible to not know, but you seem to be putting a lot of stakes into believing said stories rather quickly, and I feel for you. You can be easily manipulated by the wrong people.

No need for name calling. I was showing you the other side of that argument. Again, I never accused the OP of actually spamming. There’s always three sides to the story. OP’s side, the Guild’s (that they claim are doing it) side, and the truth. I’d rather go off the full context than just take the word of one person.

Of all the people that understands false reporting, you’re looking right at the person who understands all too well. With how quickly you’re reacting, wouldn’t be surprised if you reported me, this instant, due to already unboxing the name calling.

1 Like

If you didn’t care… you would not of taken the time to tell us all that you don’t care… you would of just left it alone…

Funny huh?

3 Likes

What is going on, right now? This thread just got hijacked!

1 Like