Murlok Bot Farmers

I happen to know they do ban people for botting. Becuase one of my coworkers
was banned for nine months for botting. But he actually admits he was botting.

1 Like

how can you tell if someone is a bot? You can probably chat with them and if they do not reply they might be - just a guess

iā€™ve encountered tons.

they travel in the exact same path, pinpointā€¦ to where a human couldnā€™t replicate the same movements to the exact co-ords over and over.

farming companies usually use ā€œface smashā€ character names. Souwheoc, Uaanoc, Maoceeuā€¦ canā€™t waste time at the creation screen!
theyā€™ll use the same class, the same mount, the sameā€¦ everything.
boosted gear (usually fully broken and in need of repair)
will take res sickness if killed
ā€¦just to name a few.

prior to the changes to nodes, there were various other obvious signs.

there are places like Botanica, where you can just sit out the front and watch them zone in and out.

Jump into a few BGā€™s on classic.
WSG used to be the botters paradise, probably still is.
During the start of the game, players canā€™t seem to stand still in the prep room.
Bots donā€™t eat feasts or grab healthstones or jump around.
Back in OG Wrath, theyā€™d path down the gy side (regardless of faction)
run forward until they were engaged in combat.
you could stand behind the res-wave at the enemy gy holding the flag, and not get touched. :stuck_out_tongue:

then there are the SUPER obvious ones, which terrain hack.
ā€œflyingā€ in areas where flight isnā€™t enabled.
popping up out of the ground, or coming out through walls.
been a while since iā€™ve noticed this sort of activity.

iā€™m not a bot.
iā€™m not going to respond to your random messages.
ainā€™t nobody got time for dat.

1 Like

I have to side with Nobully on this one. Iā€™ve been deep in a mindless grind many times and either missed or didnā€™t care to respond to random internet strangers unless they were asking for help with something.

They should make it a rule that if someone asks you if youre a bot, you have to answer or youll get instabanned. Would 100% solve botting and im a genious for thinking of it before anyone else.

Rofl.

Linking to a ten-year-old Wowhead article unrelated to your issue is NOT pointing you in the right direction.

regardless of the age of the article, comments are usually current.

and if people canā€™t figure out how to read the comments, they could always do something outrageous likeā€¦ come here and ask for help.

Who cares there will always be bots. By the time they do a purge the bots have already adapted.

3 Likes

are you suggesting people come to the forums for help? cuz i donā€™t think iā€™ve seen helpful answers to questions here in years.

i guess youā€™re just not looking at the right threads.

Maybe not. Most threads i see alot of the comments are people berating op for having a question in the first place. I try to answer questions as best i can but i am but a humble flower picker who occasionally does low keys.

1 Like

X

Instead of being able to rely on information provided by paid customer service representatives.

Gotcha.

you are making a big deal out of something that is not affecting your gameplay at all. The bot farmers are not harming you or anyone else, they are just farming some mobs for gold.

Second, you are acting like you are doing Blizzard a favor by reporting them, but you are actually just wasting their time and resources. Blizzard has better things to do than chase after some bots in a low-level zone. Third, you are contradicting yourself by saying that you enjoy killing them for conquest points, but then complaining that they are abusing the spawn rate.

If you donā€™t like them, just ignore them or turn off war mode. They are not your problem, they are Blizzardā€™s problem. And finally, you are being snarky and rude to the bot boys, who are probably just trying to make some money in a tough economy. Maybe they have families to feed or bills to pay. Maybe they are from a different country where the exchange rate is favorable. Maybe they are just having fun with their bots. Who are you to judge them? You should be more respectful and tolerant of other players, even if they play differently than you.

GMs donā€™t give game hints.
Itā€™s not part of their role.

raw gold, to sell.
herbs and ore, to sell.
ā€¦which impacts the market for ACTUAL players, who have to deal with stupidly reduced prices for their farming efforts.

The accounts which are stolen to do this, impacts players AND blizzard, who need to devote time to verification of account ownership, and restoration.

ā€¦thereā€™s absolutely no reason to attempt to discourage people from reporting.
Unless of course, youā€™re benefiting from cheating?

1 Like

They apparently donā€™t answer questions about issues with your account, either.

that would depend on the issue.

people ask for stuff like character creation datesā€¦ which they just canā€™t help with.

just because people have questions, doesnā€™t mean they have the answers.

Are you serious? XD.

ROFL

I get it. The system isnā€™t broken. Blizzard hasnā€™t told their CSRs that theyā€™re not on a career path.

Nothing to see here.

dead serious.

why would you want to discourage people from reporting?

i donā€™t even understand what this is meant to mean.
the system is fineā€¦ unless you donā€™t understand the limitations of GMs.

the customer isnā€™t always right.

And neither are the outdated, disrespectful tools the CSRs are provided to attempt to answer actual, non-gameplay issues.

Thatā€™s pretty obvious.

1 Like