Murlok Bot Farmers

So the bot boys have found a new place to do their farming outside of the Tuskarr home city abusing the spawn rate between players>mobs ratio. Its the little murlok city just to the north. I have recording of this and have seen this since basically since the start of the expansion. Is Blizzard aware of this? (They are active both in war mode and outside of war mode and sometimes they bring me a nice chunk of conquest from people who get bountied.)

2 Likes

Have you been reporting them?

1 Like

what are they farming for and what is there

2 Likes

frostbitten wildercloth is my guess. the murlocs there drop it and it can fetch a decentish price if you’re in a 4x2 group.

is it hard to solo them??

the bots or the m’locks?

Impossible bots don’t exist according to the trolls here on GD their precious dragon gliding made sure of it so you are saying the GD trolls are lying. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

8 Likes

I hate the bots but let’s not forget it’s a player driven business, if idiots didn’t buy gold from shady gold sellers then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Thing is that Blizzard turned the game into a ‘gold’ mine by not only allowing, but seemingly encouraging gold carries in the 1st place.

So if you can get to the top of the game via gold, bots will always be right there with you.

9 Likes

Are you sure they’re bots?

Because I see loads of people advertising character boosts 60-70 and guess where they take your character to be boosted? That little murloc place north of the Tuskar area.

1 Like

I have been playing WoW for well over a decade and have seen my share of bots. Not once have I ever seen Blizzard act on such reports - the bots are usually still there a month or more later. And when Blizz does do a bot purge, they are all replaced with new bots within 24 hours. It’s a losing battle.

Let’s see it. No use saving it for blizz, they use their own logs.

It’s free money, obviously they are not just going to give up.

You say they never do anything and yet acknowledge they do purges.

Not a great argument tbh.

Allowing them to continue for months after being reported is the argument here - it doesn’t help to take action long after the damage has been done.

That’s like saying “It’s fine, I put a bandage on your gushing wound the next day, that’s just as good right? I don’t understand why you died.”

People people bots don’t exist dragon gliding killed them remember what the trolls here said how their precious gliding was killing the bots unless those GD trolls lied.

1 Like

but… as you noted, the bots will just be back again as soon as they can.
blizzards goal is to break the program, take them all out in one fell swoop, wait for a new bot program to happen, then continue with the never ending game of cat and mouse.

if they swat them down instantly, they just move on to another account.

while the players who bot are using throw-away accounts, the ones who are doing it as a job, for a business, are using stolen accounts.
the fewer accounts which are compromised and used for illicit gains, the better.

really?
have you never witnessed CS after a banwave happens?
if you haven’t, it’s glorious.
:laughing:

the only troll here, is you.
nobody said it was going to “kill” the bots.
if they struggled with working around dragonflight, they just would have reverted to terrain hacking again.

bots were slowed significantly, and for the first time ever, gatherers got to make some bank before the bots took over the market.

2 Likes

Which is why I ended that post with “It’s a losing battle”

I don’t blame Blizzard for it as much as I once did. It’s an incredibly difficult problem to solve, especially when the bots are sometimes slave labor - actual humans being forced to do repetitive grinding all day long because it’s more lucrative than hard labor.

What’s a GM supposed to do when they receive a report, open a chat with the accused “bot”, and they get a human response? How do you differentiate a bot from someone simply doing a mindless grind to pass the time?

Though, now that I think of it, when was the last time anyone saw a GM pop up a one on one conversation with a player? They might not even have the staff for that anymore. Used to be fairly common when you submitted a ticket.

avoiding conversations gives more time to get to more tickets.

most tickets don’t need back and forth interaction.

if a GM can help, they will.
if they can’t help, they’ll point the player in the right direction.

i’ve always thought it’s weird when people come here and make posts insisting “i know it’s a bot, because i whispered and didn’t get an answer!”

…if i don’t know someone, and they randomly message me with nothing of importance, i’m not gonna answer.
chances are, i won’t even notice the message, because i’m usually engrossed in my own little world.
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Blizzard just needs to remove hyperspawning.

It doesn’t help questing, it does nothing but help bots.

3 Likes

This definitely is the new botting/2x4 farming hotspot in 10.07.

Customer support is a thing - personal interactions can not only solve problems faster by avoiding a back and forth ticket interaction, but they put a human face on the company. Entertainment companies do best when they aren’t preceived as the faceless Google style corporation that has little care for their customers beyond taking their money.

If you yourself have not encountered obvious bots in the past then you don’t spend much time in the open world areas. There used to be bots in Wintergrasp that were farming from UNDERGROUND. Or in Legion, you’d see 5 packs of freshly minted characters in those herbing tin cans that were following such precise paths that they overlapped exactly and would remain that way 24/7 for days/weeks on end.

It’s not always clear, sometimes you really can’t tell, but there are also instance where it’s very obvious you’re looking at a bot. And no matter how many times you report them, they will still be there, day after day until the next annual Blizz bot purge.