Multiple zero kill WSG games from premades

I think a mmo is in someway meant to be fair, thats why buffs and nerfs happen, its to try to balance.

1 Like

You’re going to find out very quickly that the premades really only want to face PUGS, so your suggestion would cause them to actually have to try in PvP. Kids these days don’t like to face any kind of challenge and removing their pugstomp environment is like removing their safe space.

7 Likes

This is a complete lie and revisionist history. I played continuously from 2004 until after WotLk reaching rank 8 on multiple toons by just casually queueing WSG, AB and AV. I was not interested in ranking and only PvP’d for fun. I maybe faced a premade 1-2 times out of 10. It certainly happened, but it was also much less frequent. In classic WoW today, Pugs face premades closer to 90% of the time.

8 Likes

What part about the system being known in advance, and people choosing to engage with that system is a lie?

I played during Vanilla and pug stomping meta is exactly as I remember it. Maybe you had a different experience than me…that is completely possible, but why call me a liar?

If you played in premades in vanilla, then yes this current system where your premades stomp pugs all day is probably closer to your experience than mine in vanilla. But, we are discussing queueing solo and having to face a premade 99% of the time. For those who queue solo now and who also queued solo in vanilla WoW, the current environment is nowhere near the same experience. Understand it now?

2 Likes

I remember being farmed by premades while solo-queuing too. I remember the forum complaining 15 years ago. I remember the response was “make your own premade” back then too.

This is completely accurate to the Vanilla experience.

I pvp’d extensively back then. My mains have 100k honor kills or more and there is no way I would have done as much PvP as I did if I was getting stomped by premades 9 out of 10 games in a pug. WSG, in its current state, is not even remotely playable as a solo queuer right now. That’s not at all how it was in vanilla wow, sorry. Premades existed but it was not the norm, it was the exception.

1 Like

For you maybe. But do you know it is possible for others to have different experiences than yourself? Your server may have been an outlier…mine was exactly like how Classic is playing out now.

all nerfs and buffs are in retail

for sure lol im just making a statement to your false claim.

And I’m calling BS on that. I played Horde on Gurubashi and Alliance on Anetheron.

so back in vanilla you faced off against a group of almost full rank 12+? i dont want to call you a liar but you seem to remember it different. There has never ever been premades like this in vanilla.

2 Likes

it is not false. mmo isn’t supposed to be fair. retail is proof esport fair game mind set leads nowhere

Best solution to this is to remove solo queue from WSG and AB.

Let the lone wolves do their thing in AV.

1 Like

so what you believe is that all mmos are purposely made lopsided one way or another?

Yes, I most certainly did. As well as run with with multiple rank 14/13 WSGs and pug stomping others.

Our usually WSG team had two rank 14 warriors and two rank 13 mages…plus who ever was actively trying to rank up at the time.

for sure. organized players invested time in grear, etc. by design have unfair advantage. it is rpg progression as core component of the game

agree, best solution

ppl who have invested time into the game isnt the same as a company purposefully making the game lopsided, anyone who invest time into what they love to do is all good, thats not what your statement before was about.

in fact it is