Multiple groups abandoned due to no tanks. LFG is not working

On the character you are posting on? you mean 1 heals, 2 dps, and 1 tank right?

Just implement dual spec, that’ll fix it …

8 Likes

I get invited…and summoned…to dungeons I didn’t even ask to do.

No group in five days? Come on man.

There is no way your experience playing this game is that different from mine.

9 Likes

I played a tank though Wrath the first time. Not doing it again.

If I play a tank, I’d want to raid as a tank. Again, not going through that drama BS a second time.

Apparently Blizzard doesn’t want people to have fun anymore.

3 Likes

How will it? Why would we bother running dungeons that we don’t need or have purpose doing? We already done so now no we wont be in que for lfd.

2 Likes

This RDF community in a nutshell: OP plays a class that can tank, but refuses to do so. Demands Blizzard step in and GIVE him a tank.

19 Likes

Answer is make tanking more fun. And not blizz, the playerbase. I tried tanking HoL and the healer couldnt keep me up spamming deathstrike with his two minions on me. A guy left after two wipes saying “never tank again” why would I want to go tank now?

6 Likes

I’m not playing a tank in Classic.

Regardless, you’re dictating how I should play, removing my fun. I shouldn’t have to sacrifice fun to be able to simply play the game.

Blizzard is refusing the tools for fun that already exist to placate the sweat lords.

10 Likes

Can somebody explain to me how RDF ‘increases the tank pool’?

The ratio of DPS and Tanks/Healers is disproportionate across all servers. RDF may increase the total number of tanks but the ratios will remain the same.

8 Likes

Why are you spamming deathstrike? You need to time that not spam it. This might be why you died.

3 Likes

Warriors who don’t tank and hunters who don’t make their own groups. We can throw non tanking DKs into the group too.

Some folks have difficulty finding groups. People say it’s the class or spec. Psssshhh.

People resent certain decisions other folks make. And certain folks tend to make the decisions that other peeps resent. #facts

Except there’s clearly a shortage of tanks on their server so instead of being attentive, playing the game and making friends - OP just sits in a queue behind 50 other dps waiting for a tank.

I’d rather try my luck with LFG and snag a tank rather than wait behind a bunch of people too lazy to put some effort into forming a group.

45 min queue vs posting in /4, making some friends, asking your guild, browsing LFG

I know what I’d pick

7 Likes

Honestly I am more leaning on the belief that this is a troll thread from a current player than an actual issue going on. (Not that I am calling OP a troll, just that the belief that this would work is just a bit out there for me)
RDF will not make tanks appear.
RDF will alleviate and entice more tanks just as it entices more dps to que thus neutralizing the benefit and maybe even worsening the issue.
The only way for RDF could reduce this issue is being cross server which even then that’s an at best scenario it might help form a few groups between dead servers but it is very unlikely.

2 Likes

Ironic, on my server there is a real shortage of healers at level 80. If you don’t run the heroic daily quickly after reset. you’re unlikely to get it done

there is only 1 very loud forum troll with a million alts and maybe a hand full of others that want to gate keep people out of dungeons because they are not bis. The rest of us seem to really want rdf and its not classic wotlk with out it

13 Likes

I honestly don’t care about RDF either way, but this person makes the best point.

If you are willing to ask for a tank and not scared to hear no, it is much better to stay in control of your own fate.

And I know… you can still use LFG yada yada yada. Let’s not do that nonsense. We all know people are lazy and will stop using LFG and sit in RDF for hours like a petrified turd if given the option.

2 Likes

The problem could also be that you’re playing a very common class. Most people will try to set a group up so they don’t have 3 people rolling on the same drops with everything else going to waste.

1 Like

But I thought giving away free mounts was supposed to fix this problem? Damn who could have seen this coming… oh wait everyone did.

1 Like

It’s funny how so many things that we complain about are the same things people complained about before.

3 Likes

I’m DPS on fresh and have been able to get groups for every heroic every night since launch.

You’re just bad, or lying, or both.

9 Likes