Multiple groups abandoned due to no tanks. LFG is not working

I literally payed the se cong month of sub yesterday night…and I was lvl 20 when I returned… and worst. I was on “azuresong” super low populated servers (aprox 120 hordes) still doing dungeons every day… Transfered to a mid (3kH/3kA) at lvl 40 and STILL leveling… And STILL doing dungeons every now and then, when I feel like, and not waiting more then 10 minutes… (not in a “dead server” nor in a “mid” will be desd" servrr"

But what I’m trying to get you to see is that Classic and TBC are the flower garden. You’re actively taking from us to give to yourselves. Like I said, a clearing was made where we could plant potatoes, but you’ve claimed that for yourselves too. And what’s worse, the clearing originally had potatoes on it. But nope, you want it to be a part of your flower garden when we could both have what we want.

OK. ive played for as long as you have and if you want to go that route… its definitely going to be the case of tanks and healers got what they wanted and are waiting for raids right now… im not saying you’re wrong because there is a possibility that the OP could be “abusing tanks” but lets not put our playtime into arguments.

Because the potato planter is not a flower planter, they are someone who wants something else out of the garden. The garden is for people who like flowers and plant flowers.

If you want to plant vegitables, this is not the place to do it, many of the people in the garden like potatos, but we dont want them in the flower garden, put them else where.

Didn’t they make changes to how covenants work in Shadowlands? Didn’t they also make some changes during BFA? Heck, if you go back far enough, they said they wouldn’t be nerfing the heroics in Cata, only to nerf them into the ground 10 days later. They’re a business. If things get bad enough financially, they’ll change things.

Borrowed power itself was the bad game design.

2 Likes

I haven’t logged on in like 5 days. No RDF, no play.
You people need to stop acting like it ruined anything.
We wanna play a game, you’re making others leave.
History is repeating itself and some of you wanna relive it.
15 year old issues that were fixed and no one wants it.
It’s actually crazy lmao.

2 Likes

I played leveling 5 character since prepatch. Average time for me to form a group and zoning in is 30 min being generous. Multiple times I’ve had need to refill because nobody want to run to stone. This is during the hype for wotlk. It will get way worse as the hype dies down. If you believe the leveling experience through dungeon is healthier without rdf your perception of reality vastly differ from mine.

Wow. I wasn’t being hostile. You clearly are. I did not mean any of what I posted with the tone you took it.

You asked why I assumed a megaserver (which means they’ve got well over 10k players on that server) would be toxic to healers and tanks if it takes them a half hour to get one for a pug. I gave my answer…experience as a healer.

Healers and tanks who refuse to pug, in my experience, refuse to pug because the community is toxic af to healers and tanks.

On my Wrath Classic server (Windseeker–please don’t transfer here; our community is lovely and lively and we don’t need the sweaty tryhards to infiltrate our Zen), we have zero issue getting tanks and healers. We are not a megaserver, we have no queue, and my primary reason for responding to this thread was to point out that one does NOT have to be on a megaserver to have a healthy population…and then to ask why a server with at least twice the pop. of my server has to wait a half hour to get a tank.

You need to stop assuming people are coming at you when they’re just participating in a conversation. I don’t wear my years of playtime as a flag. MOST Classic players have been playing as long as we have. That’s why most of us are here.

But the length of time I’ve played the game IS my answer to your hostile question…why would I assume it? Because that’s been my experience.

EDITED TO ADD: Omg, I just realized that someone looking to be offended or find a fight might think I meant “you” when I said, “please don’t transfer here.” I don’t mean YOU. I mean the generality of disenchanted megaserver players. I don’t often mention my server b/c I don’t want people to come to my server en masse and bring their horrid, nasty megaserver attitudes with them.

1 Like

If they’re just going to group up with the same people then nothing really changes. Waiting 30 minutes for the leader to find and invite a tank or 30 minutes for RDF to put you in a group with a tank, you’re still waiting 30 minutes for pugs.

I’m all for RDF but I’m not going to lie to myself.

That particular garden (Classic and TBC) are for people who like flowers. Nothing wrong with that. But why does the flower garden have to take over the place where the potatoes should be (Wrath)?

Analogies aside, you guys fought hard for your game. You had to deal with the wall of no for years before 2019. Then you finally got what you’d been asking for. That’s good for you and you should be happy. But my issue is that now they’re actively taking away what I want to give to you. I can’t plant my potatoes in the spot that supposed to be for potatoes because they gave it to the flower people if we’re going with your analogy. And that’s really disappointing to me because I was on this forum telling people who were asking for RDF in TBC to wait. Let you guys enjoy your game. Our time would come soon enough. Then they pull this crap.

1 Like

Players got so used to the new Era of wow… Doing 10 dungeons per hour… Like an Xbox game… What’s wrong of doing 2 per hour? Filling with quests… It’s pretty good… (even my experience is different, 10-15 mins max)

We arent making anyone leave by not having rdf.

Thats your choice, you can always go play a different game that has a rdf system in it if the lack of said system makes you not play. But again thats your choice.

I’m from windseeker too. Love our server… Balance h/a cool populated without queue…
Dungeons everytime we want. Most important… Very nice people

1 Like

Word. It really is an awesome community. I’m Horde side there, too. Hope to see you in a dungeon sometime.

Merywether, Shadow Priest, (Overlooked)

funny I’ve joined LFG and within 5 minutes get added and summoned.

as a dps

Thank the Gatekeepers. Now that they kept everyone out and here we are having once again the same issues we’ve had in Wrath. We are Timewalking in real life back to this same bullsht just like when Wrath released. It’s hilarious how these topics are identical to the ones in the old forums. They want this game to die and everyone is just going to Retail because Dragonfart. Good job ruining one of the best expansions Blizzclowns.

Kerly is my main, holy priest!

1 Like

To each his own. I don’t like questing. Forming group is faster than waiting to get invited. I like to actually play the game so I didn’t buy mage boost before they made it a non factor and I am glad they did. For the same reason I don’t like forming group, standing there staring at a window having to click refresh manually and mouseover each candidate is not fun gameplay to me.

It is a question of pros and con and for me rfd for low level’s ratio is way heavier in favor. The frustration of how slow and mundane the forming of the group is is much more prevalent than the social interactions that are created during the boredom of waiting for the group to fill people and to travel. That is why people were buying mage boosts before it was made invalid. And that is why people who would level instead of buying boost opt to buy boost instead or decide not to lvl alts at all.

And again the currrent experience we have with the system is during hype period. Participation will get lower and lower and the experience worse and worse as time goes by.

1 Like

Actually i wasn’t being hostile either and i apologize for the way it came off. TBF though, i did interpret your reply as rude but i figured you wanted to add credibility to your reply so i did the same.

This is true and will continue to happen with or without RDF imo. Any MMORPG will have its stinkers. a new player that spent all their time in different MMOs and just started playing classic could come to the same conclusion as you did.

Totally agree with you and it seems that we both fell victim.