Multidollar company? Why does voice dialogue disappear?

first thing that came to my mind as well. Audio files can be pretty space consuming.

I know there’s one such conversation from BfA, on the Horde ship, where Garona (I think it was her…) takes like, an hour*, to actually come out and start talking after you click the option.

** yeah yeah it’s not an hour… but it sure feels like it*

lol…and certainly when the ‘suck’ sets in.
Thats when i hit the auto pilot and turn on youtube on the other monitor and go to my happy place, lmao

Multidollar company?

4 Likes

Could it be, those are cut fro players who’ve done them 10+ times and were complaining about the waste of time, blizzard running up time played, and the other conspiracy theories out there? And right on Q…

And on a first run account all the stores are there and must be run through?

1 Like

Yes, but you said…

Blizzard is using multiple dollars at once? Insidious!

3 Likes

I don’t understand your point.

A new player will see all the things you say are cut, no choice. I know, I just helped a friend into shadowlands for her first time.

If you have done the story on one character, when you are leveling an alt you can skip a lot of stuff to save you time.

But they won’t. Hence the this thread.

1 Like

Well they did rip entire questlines and campaigns straight out of SL, a move I don’t think I ever seen done in the game…ever, save for removing the Wrathgate scenario.

It’s hard telling if it’s a tech issue or they know the story of SL is so atrocious they may as well not bother fixing it, but the fact so much of the story was flat out deleted (and the plan seems to be retcon SL anyway) speaks volumes.

2 Likes

They don’t. There’s chunks of storyline from the Maw and Torghast story that’s just gone.

2 Likes

happened to me on my alt just yesterday the whole oribos intro is silent lol i was O_o wth is going on…i tho i was lagging but nope

I’ve seen this . . . and I feel the need to bump this as I’m leveling some characters up with the xp buff like HALF the dialog is just NOT showing up during Shadowlands questing . . . this is bad . . . REALLY bad.

edit: No seriously the dialog between Bolvar and Tal-Inara only the last THREE lines play . . . what the actual hell.

3 Likes

Exactly. It looks incredibly sloppy and reeks of poor quality when such basic bugs crop up that are extremely obvious. Painfully so to new players who wonder what the hell is going on.

They did this in BfA, too. Quests removed, story removed. Recently arrived players find a mess that makes even less sense than it ever did.

No they will just release a bunch of books to describe the lore they intentionally left out and then when people say “I dont understand the lore” Blizzard will then say. “What do you guys not have books? Yea do you not have books?”

That will happen.

Every time we have asked for lore to be added back in game, they respond by releasing a book that has all the lore and then you HAVE to read the book in order to get the story.

Or watch a 2 hour long Youtube video giving you the story.

3 Likes

Its not even like the quests themselves were cut, its just lines of spoken dialog . . . whole conversations either don’t play out or only parts of it play out.

Fel think I’d actually PREFER it if said questlines were cut . . . I’d be bummed sure but I’d rather not have those quests at all then a buggy mess of half conversations.

2 Likes

I think this has to do with the fact they “Pulled the ripcord.” with the Shadowlands story… and the fact the covenant campaigns stopped being important and torghast story was made non-mandatory in 9.1 (Which is neat because it shouldnt have been a thing in the first place but then these kinda things happen too.)