Multiboxing

Multi-boxing is the practice of playing more than one character at the same time. Some
people had as many as 2 or 6 characters they played simultaneously. Some rare people had as many as 30 characters.

This Multiboxing use to be popular at one time. I haven’t come across people doing it recently or at least that I could notice.

Multiboxing was also from my understanding expensive and difficult for one player to control so many characters.

There was some controversy about it. Some players thought it was cheating. Some thought it was boting. Multiboxers argued that it was an innocent and unique way to play Wow.

My question is: Is Multiboxing still a thing in Wow?

Yup! I multibox.

4 Likes

I use to multi-box 5 characters. but paying for 5 accounts monthly became too expensive for me. And it can become challenging if you are not using third party apps to help control
characters via key-pressing distributors. Fun? Yes! But more than I could handle.

2 Likes

Did I click on a Wikipedia link?

9 Likes

ever since blizzard banned input cloning software multiboxing has taken a nosedive.

4 Likes

So, it’s challenging if you follow the rules? ok.

2 Likes

There wasn’t “some” controversy. And it wasn’t “some” who thought it was cheating.

We ALL equally hate it and find it to be an abhorrent practice. Hence why we are glad it was [mostly] taken care of.

5 Likes

There is nothing wrong with legitimate multiboxing. It adds new ways to play the game and I quite enjoy it.

5 Likes

Most of my friends do it on private servers now. Blizzard doesn’t want our money we will take it else ware as even other MMOs allow multiboxing now.

1 Like

this is not correct. stop it.

9 Likes

World of Warcraft is seriously the only MMO that I have ever played where the community hate multiboxing this much. When it was allowed WoW had lots more subs. It actually brings money into the game. It is better to have it than not to have it. But I play another MMO that allows me to multibox.

You know whats crazy? FFXIV allows multiboxing. It is only the WoW players who also play that game who keep also spamming those threads asking for it to be removed… those posters keep getting banned and the threads deleted, you can ask WHY it is allowed and IF it is allowed, but cannot keep making threads about that it should not be allowed or that it should be banned or that it is cheating.

Thats why WoW subs keep dropping and FFXIV subs keep rising because FF treats their players with lots of respect. The WoW playerbase who used to multibox does it on FF now and those who still want to multibox WoW simply do it on private servers now. Thats all. Blizzards loss to remove it. Multiboxers didnt lose a thing.

6 Likes

Multiboxing is allowed though.

WoW does too (although I love FF14 as well).

I multibox on retail.

4 Likes

You cannot use any hardware or software broadcasting to do it like you used to be able to do, if you could I would still be doing it now. FF allows it the way WoW used to, so I now only multibox that game. If Blizzard doesnt want my money and someone else does, then I will give my money to those who do. v

1 Like

i still dual box when I need to do something I cant do alone and the wife isnt around to help. I dont bother box farming anymore. Not much fun even if its more gold.

1 Like

they should have banned boxing for pvp and left it at that.
leave it to blizzard to go overboard.

1 Like

That’s fine. I never used any software that enabled multibotting. I’m perfectly fine multiboxing within the rules since it fits my playstyle just fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You coulda just made this your post. And yes.

So you’re an admitted multibotter. Yikes. Thankfully you can go do that nonsense in a different game instead of ruining our game.

2 Likes

No. Why? Zero R14 multiboxers exist. Zero Rank 1 arna multiboxers exist, zero boxers exist who pushed rank one or even came close to it in any form of PvP ever. It is not overpowered. They are super easy to beat. You dont beat them with one play vs an entire group of them. And yea other MMOs allow it. And Blizz removed it from PvE as well and even worse, they only made ONE small post here on the forums saying it was a bannable offense now so many multioxers logged on to do it and got banned for it. Blizz no longer posts MOTD like they used to when you log in.

Doesnt ruin anything. Only the WoW community has back to back negative things to say about it. Only jealous people who cant afford it dont like it.

3 Likes