Multiboxing positivity

I hope that troll gets banned for that. It’s a really bad look.

here…I’ll break this down for you…

Stage 1: “boxing is botting”
Stage 2: “boxers are cheaters”
Stage 3: “I know blizzard allows it but they are just fallible men”
Stage 4: “yeah yeah yeah…youve told me the facts like 100 times now, but Im sticking to my emotionalism and hyperbole”
Stage 5: “stop attacking me”
Stage 6: “Im not going to continue talking to someone who doesnt listen (like I didnt listen to the facts you presented from the start)”

And then they huff off and come back 10 days later with another alt.

So…where are we on the chart there?

Pretty sure this link was already been provided in this thread, but…

Here’s a link to a support article, updated last week, explaining how to launch multiple instances of the game client.

Tell me more about outdated information.

1 Like

yawn…refuted.
By that asinine illogic every addon in the game is botting. lol.

:roll_eyes:
ugh…refuted…like 800 times now.
70000 bots account suspended and banned. Your point is pointless.

I dont care. Cant you see Im enjoying myself here?

Period.

nice strawman. What I ACTUALLY said is that ALL of your sides arguements come down to emtionalism and hyperbole and raw entitlement.

• “thats MY nodez”
  • “I DEMAND gouger prices”
  • “bad boxer ganked me, but I DEMAND Warmode perks”

Im pretty good at knowing what MY arguments were guy…Im pretty consistent in here making them.

15 years or so…lets see you break that boxing wall down.
I’ll even pretend to be on your side and sign your petition just to amuse myself.
Good luck.

KInda makes you wonder how far they’d go in a less controlled environment.
My debate method is hamstrung on this forum. Usually by now I have them so angry that all the ignorant stuff they really feel inside would have been vomited up for all to see.
I can only imagine with the ‘off yourself’ sort would do if the shackles were off in here.

2 Likes

This is a deliberate misinterpretation of how multiboxing works.

As long as your viewpoint relies on misinformation that is.

2 Likes

The sheer insufferable cockyness multiboxxers have is insane.

Blizzard does enable them, but here’s the deal, you’re one of the problems of gaming nowadays, you have money and technically bribe Blizzard to let you slide on what’s normally cheating in nearly anything outside Warcraft.

Having money, and being able to be unfair because of it is a blight upon gaming.

It will never be fixed till enough players have had enough, or the game simply faces death one day.

Multi-boxing and Botting have Overlapping areas that have a lot in common. There is very little distinguishing the two, outside of schematics. You’re still using programs to pilot multiple characters without having to put in individual inputs for each characters. This gives you an advantage and edge over the average player whom is only running one character. Not only just in Gathering and crafting, but PvE environments, quests, and events, as well as PvP settings.

This isn’t an emotional response or argument, this is factual information.

Blizzard has decided under their own justifications and side-stepping, that Multi-boxing doesn’t reach what they personally define botting as, but that’s by their personal definition. People can speculate as to WHY blizzard has decided one is not allowed, but the other is, but it’s doubtful that we will get a solid response on that.

This is the same company, that for years, stated there would never be a Vanilla wow throw back circle, and made a firm solid stance, with a massive post explaining why.

That eventually crumbled and now we have a Classic Vanilla server separate from the current retail version.

You can just repeat over and over again, just like the people whom spammed the “Wall of No” to any Vanilla server request threads, all you want. That doesn’t mean Blizzard’s mind will never change.

Now if you have something actually constructive to add, I’m all ears, but if you’re going to continue to resort to ad hominem, I don’t see the point.

Also, none of this remotely addresses the fact that the general reaction to people multi-boxing is a negative response, one that is garnered by the Multi-boxxers own actions and etiquette in the past many long years that blizzard has allowed it.

I still don’t condone people threatening multi-boxers nor telling them to do harm to themselves, but their reputations and the criticism they receive are all earned by the own group’s actions. No one elses.

When Blizzard sees a “substantial part of the player base” complaining, I’m sure they’ll address those complaints.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no indication that there’s a groundswell of protest surrounding multiboxing. Just the same handful of people railing against it in every thread that pops up. And honestly, it’s always the same dozen or so of us in all these threads.

2 Likes

Looks at BFA

Looks at this sentence

? ? ?

There is zero overlap.

Botting has the software perform actions in place of the player.

Multiboxing has the software take no action whatsoever without direct player guidance.

With multiboxing the software is not “piloting” anything. The software merely relays your commands to each client window. This results in each character being directly and 100% controlled by a human being.

There are no facts in your argument. You are spreading misinformation and pretending your lies are as good as our facts.

I am not spreading misinformation nor lying.

A program replicating a command over and over again to make multiple things react to said command, without having to manually put that command in separately to every single character, is a primative form of automation.

You can try to split hairs over the fact that someone has to be there to hit the button instead of just hitting itself, and that’s about the only difference between the two.

The reason Boxing doesn’t get hit, is it’s not automated enough for blizzard to view it as botting. :woman_shrugging:

Look, I get it. When you spend your time in the echo chamber, you get the impression everybody agrees with you. The trouble is, there are vastly more people outside the echo chamber than in it, and their opinions differ from yours.

There is a relatively small number of players that care enough to complain. The overwhelming majority that don’t have an issue don’t post on the forums to asy they don’t have an issue.

1 Like

Imagine thinking that 30 dollars is too much for a hobby that includes unlimited entertainment time.

1 Like

I’m the one in the echo chamber?

Right, as if this thread isn’t.

How many more asinine projectors must I fight?

None of you are honest. Not ONE of you have responded without acting like a victim.

Make three lists. In the first, all the players complaining about multiboxing. In the next, all the players defending multiboxing. The last one is going to take a while; it’s the list of all the players that don’t care one way or the other.

1 Like

That is not automation, “primitive” or otherwise.

You’re the one inventing hairs just so you have something you can split

It’s not automated at all.

1 Like

Automation is having a machine/program do something for you, so that you don’t have to do it yourself.

Having a program, that replicates, and inputs commands into different windows for you, so that you don’t have to do it…? That’s not automation? Why because you have to hit a button?

I’m not inventing hairs to split, I genuinely just do not see the difference outside of arguing semantics.

The entire point of it is to make it easier to do multiple things, or multiples of the same thing, all at once, without additional effort on your end, except for the effort you need to set it up. But once set up, you just hit the button and 2-7 additional things also hit the same button, all at once.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and smells like a duck…

Agree. I pay $65 a month for something I use at least 8 hours a day. Generally always more, been on wow since 5am today (though I got up at 12am the internet was down grumbles isp).

My cellphone is $55 a month and I use that like 5 minutes a day. Multiboxing is a deal in my book :+1: It wouldn’t be for everyone, if you play 5 hours a week I can see it being less valuable.

1 Like