Multiboxing positivity

I feel that multi boxing violates the spirit of fair play in all areas of the game and is only allowed due to the financial benefit it provides to blizzard. I don’t have anything personal against the people who do it which is about as positive as I can get about this particular subject.

14 Likes

Its probably not something I should get into with you since I’m not technically minded. I have pointed out what the game systems do as I have found through research and my own personal play. It clearly says that phasing is only done a certain way for players in predesigned situations, and that sharding wasn’t available at all prior to WoD. Not that they didn’t use - it was simply not a system available in the game at that time. And I have never heard of anyone being ‘phased’ except in questing and things like entering a preset phased area.

Other things could be responsible for the behaviour you observed, such as server lag - which is certainly something happens with large groups doing things like toys and spells that create server instability.

You say he created instability and I’m sure that was his purpose because he seems to be the sort of disruptive player who likes to do that. It’s almost the ingame version of a DDOS.

Anyhow, its all moot and beside the point, so I’ll go back to either being right or wrong, and not too concerned in either case.

I guess WoW is a hobby, and people spend lots of money on hobbies! I don’t think it’s weird.

For reference: I don’t multi-box and I pay for WoW through tokens. I’m kind of a cheapo.

I had to google the definition, we all know what is meant when someone says something is a hobby but who knows what actually makes something a hobby. Google says: “an activity done regularly in one’s leisure time for pleasure.” so I would guess pretty much anything under the sun could be a hobby lol.
So yeah some hobbies are cheap and some are expensive and some cheap ones you can make more expensive.

Wow is all I do, when people go out to dinner with their friends, I’m on wow. When they are at the movies, at a waterpark, bingo hall, on a cruise, visiting friends, at a party, I’m on wow. So I don’t have a problem spending more money on it because it’s all I use my money for.

3 Likes

Exactly! Money = leisure points, spend it on whatever you like! :slight_smile:

Can the multiboxers stop bringing their toons into Heroic Warfronts?

They are completely useless, all the controlled ones somehow dies so easily and spends 70% of their time in the graveyard except for the main character.

Play the game the way you want, but just because Blizzard says its okay doesn’t mean the community has to be okay with it as a whole I can see why other players dislike multiboxers to each their own and all that.

3 Likes

Multi boxing isn’t a good thing for the game, blizzard allows it because It makes them money

10 Likes

Are you trying to start another war?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Phasing

Phasing > Sharding > Layering

During MoP it was called Phasing due to limitations of the system from blizzard.

Yeah set by Blizzard, but it is 100% cheating, trying to argue that fact is just ignorant.

5 Likes

Your average player wants absolutely nothing to do with flying around picking flowers.

Lower prices are a plus for me dawg.

Signed,
Your Average Player

Indeed.

As much as I appreciate OPs passion and understand Blizzards position I’ve never had a good interaction with a boxer or seen any benefit to the community other than purely selfish ones for the player of multiple toons.

Like it or not they have a bad rap, imo it’s deserved.

3 Likes

Heres my thought on it… alone I dont have a proplem with it tbh… and things in game dont have a proplem with it

But when ppl say its helping lol… if it was really doing anything there wouldn’t be tokens or item mall mounts and microtansaction…

So ud need approximately 50 accounts ur multibox for it to even make a mark… on that side…

Next… well it honestly is screwed up if you count drop table wise if u got a full team via multi the chances are considerable in ur favor on odd and rare drops on any game

It’s reached the point that multiboxers are negatively impacting the enjoyment of the game for the majority of players. They hog spots for farming so no one else can even get quests done, they hog the mats and cause an imbalance in the realms economy, and don’t even get me started about how they mess up PvP.

No, it’s time for blizz to bite the bullet and do what is best for the MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS in this game and make multiboxing against the TOS. Grow a spine blizz.

5 Likes

With the advent of the WoW token more and more players have figured out that multibox accounts actually pay for themselves so it has become a much more pervasive playstyle. As it stands currently, if you’re someone who plays and does any farming and you don’t multibox then you are just throwing away free money.

When multiboxing was a niche playstyle it didn’t really have enough effect on the game world for Blizzard to worry about. At the rate multiboxing is increasing they are probably going to have to start worrying about it pretty soon.

3 Likes

That’s why it’s time to graduate from gathering profs to manufacturing. Sell your potions and gems. Blizz really does need to make more BOE gear for professions.
But think about it in relation to the US economy. We now export most of our manufacturing job to cheaper places, which means more Americans can move on to professions with higher pay and quality of life. The boxers are our China.

1 Like

I like it but then again I also like fishing and mining.

These comments that boxers lower mat costs and are beneficial just create a barrier to entry for dare I say ‘Average Players’ who want to gather ie; ones who don’t box.

Whenever I see 10 moonkin in the same spot for 40 hours straight it’s kind of sad that the whatever they are farming will now be 10 times less profitable for the average player.

3 Likes

Blizz rules “1 key press 1 action”

Its mental gymnastics that that is what is happening with Multiboxers.

I got DCed 5 times yesterday. When that Ally DK multiboxer popped army of the dead on his 20 dks. He pops a literal 100 zombies I dc pretty much every time.

2 Likes

except that the RULE MAKER says it aint.
your comment is the epitome of entitlement LOL

2 Likes