Multiboxing positivity

Wait…there were shards/layers in MoP? Wasn’t sharding introduced in WoD?

using third party software to replicate key-presses on multiple accounts to gain an advantage, sometimes ruining a questing experience due to mass tagging of targets is ok?

odd.

6 Likes

What do we see in 5 more years of WoW? Multiboxers taking over. Do you see any actual players playing the game? Nah dude, just multibox, take this w/e client, you’ll get the stuff u want in no time. blizzard don’t care. They love money.

11 Likes

Good lord, Charlie Brown, how do you keep track of 250 characters? I barely cope with 50!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Phasing/sharding has been in the game since wotlk. It was only until WoD you could use it to play with friends.

Spreadsheets :slight_smile: But I don’t have 250 characters lol that’s just the amount I can potentially make.

i mean, im sure activision loves it. whales are a company’s favourite when said company has hit a low such as activision.

i’m sure wow would survive a good while on maintenance mode with 90% botters. they waste tons of money

I think they specifically mean the type of sharding the prevents you from seeing people on your own realm.

I find it amusing how little money it takes for some people to consider you a whale

i’m proud of you and your wealth i guess?

Phasing is only used in specific circumstances, like gameplay where you are on a questline that creates an environmental situation different from other players, and its purely temporary. Another example would be the DK starting area. But players aren’t just arbitrarily phased for something they do. If you believe they are, I’d be interested to see examples of that because it isn’t my understanding of how phasing works.

Sharding was not, according to the patch notes, introduced until patch 6.0.2.

$65 a month isn’t what I would call being wealthy lol.

If I gave you $65 dollars a month would you tell people that you’re wealthy now?

1 Like

Tldr multiboxing is cheating even though blizzard allows it in their tos, got it Yesuna. Thank you for your unbiased outlook on playing with an unfair advantage.

19 Likes

Yea so what happened back then with their limited tech on phasing/sharding was for story progression and area congestion. People would abuse in wpvp for example the wrathgate area to phase out to avoid death while ganking lowbies. Preparedwow would bog the server down until it started trying to phase him out so it wouldn’t crash the server.

maybe not for you, but the typical person isn’t going to be spending that much per month on wow. this also needs to take into account the pc that is running several clients, and whether or not the multiboxer boosted each character, which is pretty likely. oh, and the cost of the game several times over.

1 Like

That is @#$%ing scary bro.
Like the Matrix, one hero in a midst of computer programs and agent Smith’s :rofl: damn I hope not.

An individual using their excessive wealth to command a literal army via macros and fight a single person too poor to afford 40 accounts is not only unfair, not how the game is intended to be played and is cheating (whether you want to debate people using macros or whatever, may use third party or something to simply tell the other 39 accounts to follow your original imput. YOU. ARE. NOT. PERSONALLY. CLICKING. EACH. SCREEN.)
Runescape (you can have multiple tabs open but nothing that copies imputs from your character -> i.e attacking the same target or mining the same node), Eve Online, Path of Exile, Albion Online and MANY Free to Play games BAN multiboxing and brand it as cheating -> automation, gives the user an advantage over others and disrupts server stability. It’s just sub based games that are fine with it. Coincidence? (see why below).
https://isboxer.com/multiboxing/is-isboxer-allowed
“It’s what every gamer wants to know: Is this even allowed?! The answer is generally a resounding Yes! If that’s all you wanted to know, you don’t need to bother reading this whole thing – but if you are interested, I will be giving plenty of detail.
It is a very simple business decision for MMO publishers. Blizzard, Daybreak Games, Turbine, CCP, Trion Worlds and others simply want two things:
To make money
To have as many people as possible play, and enjoy, their games”

I’m not going to convince Blizzard to stop nor bother reporting because I know they aren’t going to be banned and I agree to the ToS so it’s as simple as “if I don’t like it don’t play”, but I’m not going to say it’s not cheating because it is.

18 Likes

There are plenty more videos I have but this is what I dealt with everyday from preparedwow on darkspear in MoP.

https://youtu.be/bFVPfG8AEuA

If you watch the video at all 2 minutes in you will start seeing him fade in and out. That is the server trying to balance out and phase him. He also spans those grenades and toys as pointed out. It got so bad, GMs would tell him to stay away from timeless isle during primetime because of the instability he created.

1 Like

I have a potato pc from 2012, cost $1200 then so it’s probably worth like 45 cents now :rofl: Though I did get an RX580 last Black Friday <3

Well I got the free boosts from preordering Shaddylands, other than that I’ve been doing nothing but leveling every. single. day. this month lol.

I got the heroic edition of SL preorder because there was a package deal to also get BFA with it for $79. 80*5 accounts = $400. BFA released 08/14/18, 680 days ago, 680 days is 22 months. 400 dollars / 22 months = 18 dollars a month you’d have to make to afford 5 SL licenses.

Still don’t see it as a whale, but I suppose you’re right in that a normal person isn’t going to spend that much so I guess it’s relative to what normal players spend?

1 Like

Well isn’t that true for the 74k accounts they recently banned for botting? I mean they didn’t get to play for free either…

One of the two multi-boxers I have had positive experiences with was a farmer on my anchor weed route. I said, “hello,” and to my utter astonishment, he said, “hello” back. He began letting me pick each node first (working the same circle) and he’d pick it after me. We chatted for like an hour that way. It was nice.

He is the ONLY one who ever actually played/shared the world with me like a regular player…and I wish that were more typical. If it were, I’d never have anything negative to say about the community as a group.

6 Likes