Multiboxing = Pay to Win

It’s literally pay to win. You’re paying more to get an advantage. This is something that can’t be contested, because it’s part of the definition of what pay to win is. Multiboxers know this, which is why it always goes ignored when it comes up in arguments.

This thread is going to get locked or deleted because Blizzard already knows this, and they don’t like it when people kick up a stir about anything involving their cash inflow. They’re in on the con-- nay, they are running the con by letting this continue, and they’re making the experiences of everyone else in the game worse.

Is this spam? Maybe, but we got playable Vulpera by people incessantly spamming…

“But it isn’t botting or anything since you have to give an input on each character!”

That hasn’t stopped people from making 10 toons move and act in complete unison, though, so it might as well be.

“Multiboxers are easy to deal with though!”

Maybe for you, but for new player Joe Schmoe at level 30 who is confident enough in his class to turn on War Mode, but not enough to take on a small army of mages… or for John Doe who can’t find any Herbleaf because there’s a multiboxer in the zone eating it all… it might turn out a bit differently.

“It’s not pay to win, I pay all my subs with gold!”

Good for you. It’s still pay to win because paying real money is still an option to skip the gold grind.

“Multiboxing is keeping mats cheap on the AH!”

And that’s a good thing? The economy shouldn’t rely on multiboxers. If it does, there’s a serious problem with the economy.

“Just let people have fun!”

A line should be drawn where your fun starts to impede the fun of others.

“Just get better at _____!”

I shouldn’t have to compete with someone who paid for an advantage.

“Stop crying!”

:sob: :sob: :sob: :joy:

EDIT: Thank you to whoever restored my post. At least I’m not alone here.

130 Likes

There is a good reason actually - because Blizzard said so.

14 Likes

Omg quit the multi boxing arguments

42 Likes

Like I said, they’re in on the con. Of course they would be for it. That doesn’t mean it’s a good reason.

Not until it’s pushed out of the game.

16 Likes

You seem to misunderstand your place in this game.

You know, the one that Blizzard owns and allows you to pay to access it.

Blizzard is Dad. He just told you that he doesn’t need a reason and that reason is always the best reason.

Now, go clean your room before your mom gets home.

30 Likes

Go and try to multibox any Mythic Raid Boss.

You might hit 1600 in Arena.

11 Likes

Could’ve placed this argument in one of the already created threads. Especially one that has a moderate civil debate with pros and cons going on and bumped it to the top. Spam thread treated as spam.

11 Likes

Blizzard is nowhere close to a parent. Parents (hopefully) work with the best intentions for their kid. Activision-Blizzard is a corporation. If you trust a corporation like you trust your parents… Then I’m sorry, but you were raised wrong.

So it’s okay for people to spam about high elves, but not about something that’s actually hurting the game? I don’t see any posts like this on high elf threads by you… Better get to work.

12 Likes

If any MB manages to clear mythic raids, win RBGS or Arenas, they are god level players.

Do MBs do RBG or Arena?

3 Likes

Been playing for almost 16 years and haven’t had a multiboxer hurt my game time yet.

27 Likes

you mean like the tokens where rich players can buy their way to advantage over poor players?
Oh…did I upset Selective Outrage Month in here?

8 Likes

Which will be NEVER so good luck with that. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It was a metaphor.

You aren’t suppose to take it literally.

9 Likes

I trust blizzard more than I trust many people posting on this topic, thats for sure

9 Likes

ohhhh…I know who you are.
You shouldnt have quoted so many posts from other threads :wink:
How you been doing?

High Elf threads get closed all the time as spam just like this one should be.

8 Likes
1 Like

Not really relevant. Cheap mats are good. The gold meta hasn’t been about mats for a long time now. You make gold farming raid boes, transmog items, flipping ah items, carry’s or the consumables you make from mats. Cheap mats have led to me making easy gold when i feel like lining my pockets

3 Likes

Amen to that.
I just bought a lot of cheap mats to make enchants that are making me a bundle.
Without those cheap mats Id have to go farm myself…or not make as much per enchant.

4 Likes

almost every multiboxing thread gets closed right away, even the ones from a months ago get closed in a few days after someone points out why it is wrong. Blizzard literally knows that it shouldn’t be allowed,or they wouldn’t be closing every thread that brings up valid arguments against it.

4 Likes