Multiboxing - NEW TOS

What do you want me to do? Pull up a graph from the New York Times to show the economy fluctuation and have recounts from witnesses? You know it, I know it, everyone does. That’s why they did something about it.

Ever try to get an herb and it fades out of existence and you see a stack of druids fly by? That’s the fun multiboxxing brings to this game for other players. The Zin’Anthid prices dropped HEAVILY once Covid hit because of these druids just herbing all day.

1 Like

Honestly I’m surprised most the multiboxers that still are all in on more than one key press across multiple clients on it are on the forums arguing about semantics. The hardware switch is just to make it harder to get detected.

Another oversimplification; you don’t want to have this argument with me, your surface level googling won’t help you.

Software and firmware are both code. Firmware is not software. Firmware determines how hardware functions. It isn’t “etched” into anything, it is code. Firmware is written in low-level code. If I were to generalize, it would be akin to on-off type instructions like a lightswitch. Software sits on top of firmware, and determines how… software functions.

A macro on firmware level is tantamount to a physical robot clicking your mouse for you.

A macro on software level is literally like a bot doing a task for you.

2 Likes

Or to stay within the rules :slight_smile:

Yes. I do. You’re making an unfounded claim.

Correlation doesn’t imply causation.

We don’t know if multiboxers caused the market to crash, or if it was all the amateurs trying hard to get long boi overfarming or having undercut wars. We don’t know if it was the change in how the AH works or abuse of TSM3 or if it was the end of the expansion AH slowdown.

Without knowing you are just scapegoating and being disingenuous.

I don’t herb. I use the AH like a normal person.

2 Likes

Then why did Blizzard ban it?

In anticipation of what dumb shizz you’re about to say in response I am going to go ahead and reiterate: you’re wrong, and I am not going to continue to entertain responding to your silliness.

Probably because bots were using the software to run hyperspawn farms.

Come on man, there is a reason it was banned. It was negatively effecting the economy. Hellen Keller could see it. Only one being disingenuous here is you.

1 Like

Trying to appease the 99% of people who don’t like other people having things they don’t want to pay to have.

Populism.

1 Like

They didn’t say it was due to the economy. Ever Hellen Keller could see that.

Start selling the next expansion the day after SL launches and let the “preorders” roll for the next 3 years… it’ll break records!

Obviously they didn’t say that. They did it because it was creating a negative experience for other users. Stay mad, Blizzard banned your software.

2 Likes

slurps cup-o-noodles watching netflix…and forums

3 Likes

Multi-boxing is very profitable for Blizzard as they are paying, let’s say 5x more than the average person would be, so why would they care if people go on a rant when business is booming?

Unless you work for Blizzard then you don’t know the reason.

Imagine thinking someone is mad just because they picked apart your post. Project much?

Boxers will just buy cheap PCs like my guild leader is doing.

I don’t know why you’re asking me that question. I didn’t want multiboxing banned.

Firmware is a specific type of software. If you have a problem with this then you should take it up with Merriam-Webster or perhaps the people who invented it? Not all software is firmware but all firmware is software. I mean you can be the best coder in the world but you can’t change facts because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Still software and still duplicating the input across multiple wow clients using even more software such as vms in the cases most people are purposing.

Good so even you are admitting you’re using it to automate key strokes for you and just harder to detect and that’s why the assisted multiboxers are swapping to it.

There’s some ebay store owner like :open_mouth: man business is booming, E-Machines are making a comeback!

:rofl:

1 Like

Yes, but it is a legitimate question to be accounted when considering the benefits they get out of doing so. My guess would be because it was affecting the game and not that people were shouting their opinion at them. I mean, this has been a thing since Vanilla. Why ban it now?