Multiboxing - NEW TOS

I’ve been wanting to get a second account and be able to make more characters, but I’m not sure how to go about it. I guess that’s mutliboxing because every time someone’s told me to ‘get a second account’, someone else says “thanks for promoting mutliboxing”… so how do I get one?

Obscene / Vulgar

This category includes both clear and masked language in posts, signatures, and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

Masked = acronyms or special characters

Just fyi. Don’t want to lose my forum bros.

2 Likes

Just buy a second account and play it. Most of these guys pissed off, fighting, and circumventing the tos changes are people who make an income irl off the game or trying to troll with technicalities.

You can have up to 8 accounts as long as you don’t use input broadcasting software. I wouldn’t hang around in this thread though, this is a Hatfield and McCoy type thread

If you want to play more than one character at the same time you’ll have to use a method other than software broadcasting. I’m going the multiple PC route mainly because I’m a nerd and like the idea of running 5 PCs at once :smiley:

1 Like

But how? A friend tried it, and somehow ended up with six subaccounts, that he doesn’t know how to use and can’t seem to get rid of.

I honestly dislike multiboxers because of world PvP. I’ve come to accept them in other areas of the game because it doesn’t seem to directly affect me, but we cannot seem to get rid of the world PvPers without getting rid of them all.

Imo they should have like 2 to 3 servers that allows multi boxing to what ever you want and let them have software broadcasting…if they want to have 300 boom chickens so be it…

But the server are only connected to each other and not other servers at all and boxing on other servers other then multi boxing servers you are banned

I mean one of the complaints from the boxers i see is they do it because they don’t want to deal with the " toxic community " there its fixed

2 Likes

Didn’t know but its w/e. I got 5 other accounts.

If you want to play more than one character at the same time you’ll have to use a method other than software broadcasting. I’m going the multiple PC route mainly because I’m a nerd and like the idea of running 5 PCs at once :smiley:

That does sound like a fun setup, though a crowded desk----I just want more characters. I don’t think I could spare the focus to deal with more than the one I barely handle during work.

It’s almost like using other methods to circumvent and still perform an unwanted action is the same as doing the action or something.

1 Like

You are conflating two entirely different things. Keyboard mouse macros for those devices that support them (pretty much every programmable gaming keyboard/mouse/keypad out there) can indeed be set up to do more than what an in-game macro can do, but that has nothing to do with sending a single keypress to multiple clients, they can’t do that. It is about doing multiple things with a single client. A WoW macro can do multiple things with a single keypress, but only if all of them are off the GCD (instant casts). On the other hand a keyboard/mouse/keypad macro can be set up to do multiple things with a single kepress even putting in pauses to wait for the GCD. That has always been forbidden and the Blue post just emphasizes that.

Broadcasting software, on the other hand, can send a single keypress to multiple clients, and it can also be done by other means, hardware. Which is how multi-boxing started way back when. So far they have not prohibited sending a single keypress to multiple clients using a hardware method.

MiniPCs :+1:

https://i.postimg.cc/HxVpR5b0/image.png

Some smaller than that.

Dude I know, that’s why I started multiboxing lol

Now I have 127 50’s with 2 more on the way :heart_eyes:

Just watch out for the “increase account cap” threads that pop up from time to time or make your own :man_shrugging:

Nice try, too bad they specifically say not to use masking and also that there’s been no changes to hardware :wink:

Keep at it bro you might get me eventually

1 Like

Yes. Put all the boxers on one server. Watch the chaos. :heart:

Kind of strange they only seem to care about the software huh?

It would probably be a lot of fun for them for the first couple week(s) then turn into a total dump with the economy being so inflated, would be hilarious to see.

mabye its a option for blizzard but i doubt they’d do something like that…

1 Like

My theory on that is that they want to curtail casual boxxing. Software boxxing could be done by anyone smart enough to install software. Hardware multiboxing will take a bit more setup and investment so there will naturally be less people that do it.

I’d be curious to see what happens. A lot of boxers will state that they are the reason an economy floats, so if we stick them all together, will their server economy be a utopia? It’ll either be good, meaning that their points stand, or it’ll crash and burn, meaning they benefit from players who can’t afford the game like them. :woman_shrugging:t2:

So basically your theory is blizzard is trying to make multiboxing pay more to win instead of just p2w?