Multiboxing - NEW TOS

Pictures taken moments before disaster:

I support no flying
I only want pvp
Multiboxing
Remove lfr

8 Likes

I don’t understand, people can google these things. They can know how everything works without having to make assumptions. :sob:

3 Likes

He’s essentially saying he’s going to configure his setup to send 1 keypress to each VM, but only a singular physical keypress will be used to propogate that 1 keypress to each VM - that’s how I read it at least. I can’t think of any other reason to run all of these in separate VMs.

2 Likes

so you think its fair game if its done on the hardware side ?

man yall are weird.

5 Likes

Considering Blizz’s latest ban is explicitly software, yes.

8 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-you-please-clarify-a-few-things-regarding-multiboxing/707988/14

“no other restrictions have been announced regarding hardware.”

5 Likes

This is precisely why I hope Blizz gives Warden some capabilities to query server-side and do its own comparisons, rather than limiting it to application/RAM scanning.

1 Like

I know. This post was a response to the forums I just read.

This “game” will just get more expensive in the development of a hardware solution.

This game is played by many people, including people that actually have jobs and don’t live with their parents in the basement. We follow the TOS and try to keep this dying game alive.

The forums are full of people that complain about how their game experience is hurt by a few people. But, perhaps these are the same kids that mount mounts over quest givers or bosses that prevent others from looting.

You play - I play, can’t we all just play?

3 Likes

Its currently within the rules

if you think ToS is based on $ justification, you are dead wrong

1 Like

OP, regardless of your intentions, what you were doing was borderline cheating to begin with. Nobody should ever control more than one character with the same key.

6 Likes

Before they made the change to the TOs you had many people saying. oh, the person that pays for five accounts is more important to Blizzard.

thats ridiculous :wink:

like silly. big time.

like im laughing at the situation out loud.

yeah, which now is proven to be false, righteously

2 Likes

Following the rules of the TOS exactly is following the rules, not skirting.

5 Likes

I don’t care what country you live in, but how someone chooses to spend their money is No One’s right to know or to limit how they spend it.

12 Likes

As time goes on I feel more and more sorry for people who can’t use the internet to find information on how things work :frowning:
Why do people SITTING AT A COMPUTER ONLINE ask me how to spell words? What? Google can answer that.

Blame your fellow boxers. The 3rd party software should never have been allowed in the first place. I play on a RP server where you boxers LOVE to bring your hordes of toons from other servers and pillage the resources so I am very hard pressed to empathize with you.

3 Likes

Since multiboxing dawned on Wow, people always discussed against and for it, meaning that it would be a matter of time before blizzard did something. People who where outright abusing it, did it because they saw profit in it, if blizzard did something, they would grab their profits and move on.

Then there’s people like OP who despite knowing that this was a time bomb, decided to invest money in it, now the bomb exploded and the finger pointing is starting.

3 Likes

Kind of weird logic. As far as hobby’s go this is a VERY cheap one. If you were to implement that, where do you draw the line? People cant spend thousands of dollars adding to their stamp collections? Limit the amount of money people can spend putting accessories on their cars? The amount of things that could be percieved as stupid purchases are incalculable and like i said, compared to most, this is insanely cheap.

2 Likes