Multiboxing griefing

Well, that’s what Blizzard would need to find out. Yes, MultiBOXING is allowed, but botting is not. If one person is running 12 accounts in PvP then the multiboxing might be allowed but the botting is not.

They should update it because its the right thing to do. This feature is automation plus one person. The way its done is impossible without a program that copies your clicks throughout several wow clients. That one person is not clicking one button twelve times. They are clicking one button that is automatically getting duplicated and input into eleven other programs.

#1Person1Click

22 Likes

I mean you’re a player getting killed by a player so that’s what we around these parts call pvping. PvP does not need to be fair. The funnest pvp for me is being jumped and trying to take out a couple people. Gets the blood goin.

3 Likes

Btw Sacrodruid, if you still need help with the feat of strength, I can sacrifice 10 toons so you can quickly achieve one half of the requirements. You’d only need to gather 10 allies for the second half.

1 Like

Turn down for what… :sunglasses:

1 Like

#1Click1Action

Its time to end the robot masters.

13 Likes

Then what do you call be hit by a roving raid team of players? End results are the same.

10 Likes

In before Yesuna defends multiboxing.

14 Likes

I get away from raids of players all the time, engi boots / glider / falling flame etc.

You can’t get away from 12 druids that kill you in 1 GCD because they all connect at the exact same time.

16 Likes

Raid team of players:
Player 1: “Hey guys I found an enemy, come here now”
Players: 2-10 damn let me catch up im a bit far was chasing someone else
Players: 11-20 ok where is he, looking for him im close enough
Players 21-40: Yea were fighting another group over here well be there in a moment.
Player 1 Okay ill just chase him and try to cc while you guys get here.
…20-60 seconds later
Players 2-20 show up and start attacking.

Multiboxers:
1 click = 40 actions across 40 multiboxing applications (or whatever the applicable limit is of blizzard clients). Done. Everything turned and moved in a half second or less.

The MBers might even add a /spit for the memes.

Blizzard please…
#1Click1Action

18 Likes

Getting stomped by multiple players isn’t very fair either.

2 Likes

That’s how it already works.

One button press results in one action per client window.

And your “raid team of players” example shows how much more dangerous they are since they can split up and take down multiple targets while the multiboxer can only be in one place at a time.

15 Likes

That is not 1 click equals one action due to the nature of all the automation programs you use to duplicate the keystrokes all around. And the raid team example is better because when the game takes into account the active players in a zone it can accurately zone in other players from the opposite faction or at least try to in order to work to achieve player world pvp balance. If 40 players are in one spot it might skew the results in favor of the opposite faction for the rest of the zone which is not fair to the players that do not benefit from this.

Your 40 actions via 1 click is only possible due to automation programs that act as one line scripts.

#1Click1Action Please Blizzard

4 Likes

If using keyclone programs are automation then so is using a wireless keyboard.

12 Likes

Not even close to making sense. Using a wireless keyboard is only producing one action per click. The only thing automating multiple clicks at once is the multiboxing program.

2 Likes

It is one action per click per client window. Something you deliberately left out. And the software doesn’t “duplicate” anything. It broadcasts the key presses to each client window. You’re essentially arguing that a TV station is duplicating shows for each television that receives their signal.

We have no idea if the server notices any difference between 40 separate people in a raid group and 40 characters belonging to a multiboxer. For all we know the server only looks at the total number of characters in the whole zone and not any specific section of the zone.

It’s not automation just because you don’t understand it.

14 Likes

You could have a wireless keyboard and mouse controlling multiple computers. Is that still automation to you?

8 Likes

ban multiboxing cheaters, report them… theyre no better then botters

14 Likes

Well first, I assume you had warmode turned on? If you turn it off, that sort of thing becomes moot as you won’t even see that multiboxer.

And second, being attacked by another player in warmode is not griefing. If you were attacked by twelve players in a group, would that be griefing? Nope. It being a mboxer is no different in that regard.

10 Likes

Aside from the whole, you know, not actually botting part, then sure. Feel free to waste GM time with your frivolous reports and delay actual reports about actual problems.

9 Likes