Multiboxing griefing

At what point does multiboxing become griefing? I was doing the Servant of nzoth quest in nazjatar. A multiboxer hit me out of the blue, 12 or so balance druids. I literally died before I even knew there was a fight.

At a certain point I think griefing is a legitimate concern. Could give a rats about the economy but this sort of thing is nuts.

76 Likes

PvP happened.

33 Likes

I’d hardly call multiboxing 12 characters to cast starsurge at the same time pvp. It’s borderline cheating.

111 Likes

I wouldn’t have such a huge problem with it if the multiboxer was actually controlling each of those toons, that would take some talent, but the guy/gal is using a program to broadcast keystrokes to all those accounts simultaneously. How that isn’t considered cheating is beyond my comprehension.

117 Likes

Well that certainly was a balanced encounter…
:sunglasses:

57 Likes

Is it? Maybe before when PvP servers were a thing.
Warmode is Opt-In.

A raid of 12 players could do the same and camp your corpse.

23 Likes

Blizzard has always said that the same thing would have happened with 12 regular players attacked.

So that’s why it’s allowed. :confused:

5 Likes

Yup, it is cheating. More people report it, the better. Post a video of it if you have it.

30 Likes

Not borderline. One player has the power of 12 toons at his disposal. It’s literally cheating.

47 Likes

It’s a bit watery on whether or not that’s technically cheating, but either way, I do get really frustrated with multiboxers whose sole purpose are to gank in World PvP.

Sorry OP :heart:

6 Likes

So you died 12 on 1. Who would of thought that possible.

9 Likes

I dont buy that line of thinking. Because thats a difference between 12 people going after one person and one person controlling 12 accounts attacking one person. It is alot harder to grab 11 other people and gank someone than it is to start a program that can multiclick your keystrokes across 12 accounts.

26 Likes

Inb4 the multiboxing supporters state “bUt bLizZaRd sAyS iTs NoT cHeAtiNg eNd oF diScUsSion” as their only counter-argument.

Sorry that this had to happen to you. It may be a one-time thing or even a once-in-a-while thing but it’s quite ridiculous. Would urge you to report it but I doubt it would result in anything worthwhile.

20 Likes

They are not concerns if blizzard has stated that Multi-boxing DOES NOT breach the terms and conditions. Yet here we are discussing a moot point

5 Likes

As if the terms and condition cant be updated

17 Likes

So if it was 12 characters, each controlled by a separate person.
You wouldnt have died so quickly, or had a chance to fight back?
You still would die quickly and not stand a chance of fighting back.

4 Likes

Perfect timing :joy:

3 Likes

Its the difference nonetheless. One clearly requires people and the other requires programs to mimic key strokes. Considering this is an mmorpg id rather know that i died to real people behind those toons than one person controlling a zombie army of robots.

16 Likes

And why would they update the terms and conditions when we have 1 person playing 12 accounts over 1 person.

And ppl lets not forget PvP occurring in warmode. If you don’t want to get killed by 12 starsurges then turn warmode off. I know the logic is earth shattering

10 Likes

Personally I’m very against multi boxxing, however, as what is deemed “griefing” by blizz standards probably wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact taht it’s a multiboxxer but what they’re doing

Basically are they doing anything that would be considered griefing even if it were a “normal” single player? if it’s be considered griefing in that case it’d griefing for the boxxer. Sadly I doubt blizz would consider them killing you once in warmode griefing. Especially since it’s quite common for either faction to go around in parties/raids killing people.