Multiboxing - Extremely Positive Asset for WoW Classic

For those who aren’t aware, Multiboxing is where 1 person manually controls multiple characters using a keyboard multiplexor. As in, they press the “shift 7” key in WoW, and that “shift 7” is pressed in multiple copies of the game. There is no automation, no programming, no predetermined actions, nothing. A human is pressing “shift 7” and that’s it.

Multiboxing has been in WoW since the very start, and it has always been a positive asset to the game. The game was built around characters, regardless if 1 person plays 1, or more than 1. Multiboxing 5 characters at once, while having only disadvantages vs 5 individuals, is a creative way to add new layers of strategy to the game.

Multiboxing is widely accepted as having no positive advantages that individual players have, and instead, only has disadvantages. For example, if you fear bomb 5 players, they can recover independently whereas fewer bombing a multiboxer can devastate then. This is why it is not “pay 2 win” as 5 characters by 1 person only has disadvantages that 5 characters by 5 people have.

That said, having a multiboxing on your side is a load of fun to watch. Seeing how 5 of the same classes form unique strategies is amazing to see in action. Having to fight a multiboxer is fun, too, just make sure you get the same number of characters as the multiboxer!

All around, multiboxing is a great asset to the game.

Keep it up multiboxers!

9 Likes

Found the multiboxer.

21 Likes

Reading about multiboxing here on these forums led me to make a post about doing Druids or Warlocks. People said Druids would be better, so I did it, and they were right!

I am in an awesome guild, large one, and they definitely are helping me level and such.

Benediction-PVP - Great server.

I am level 42 or so now.

Multiboxing is toxic behavior and is most likely connected to gold/service sellers. There is no upside to the REST of the playerbase. Though Blizzard allows it, it isn’t much different than hacking in it’s effect.

If you want to play a god like character, maybe stick with one player games where your pleasure isn’t at the expense of others.

27 Likes

Multi-boxing is pay2win AND automation.

Truthfully, I’m okay with that.

And, apparently, so is Blizzard.

6 Likes

Tim, do you use ISBoxer or another program?

I’ve tried ISBoxer, and it was too complicated for me.

if blizzard made 2 servers, one where multiboxing was allowed, and one where multiboxing was a bannable offense, which one do you think would have greater average online player count?

18 Likes

Did you follow the quick start guide? All you need to start is that. Follow that and the rest is details you’ll learn as you play your team.

1 Like

Why am I not surprised…

2 Likes

I did. I never could get even a two man team to load up properly.

I’m not saying it’s a problem with ISBoxer, it’s more of a cognitive limitation on my part. The same reason I no longer try to play warriors or druids seriously.

The same reason the fact you misspelled Merlin is not a shock to me.

what i find interesting is that they have to reassure the dude worried about whether or not what he is doing would constitute cheating or hacking or whatever. like, if you have to ask yourself that, youre probably cheating/hacking

7 Likes

I had trouble at first trying to follow the website forums. Almost gave up. Then found the quick start guide.
Started completely over with it and was on my way.
Did you get the isboxer addon installed? It won’t work without that in your addon folder either.

2 Likes

It’s not misspelled, It’s spelled the way I chose to spell it., that’s all that matters. and you, I beginning to doubt that you have any redeeming qualities.

2 Likes

Except for the fact that Blizzard expressly states that it isn’t cheating/hacking.

1 Like

except for the fact that the person internally and initially knew what they were doing seemed like an exploit

7 Likes

Yeah, I went through all the steps, installed everything, watched dozens of videos. Worked on it for three weeks, it just never clicked.

So is the Pally pull in AV and so many other “exploits” we all knew were coming with Classic.

You’ll be happy to know that I have no doubt about your redeeming qualities.

It’s really not that complicated. Took me a couple hours to get completely set up clique vfx and everything.