Multiboxing = Cheating

If i had ten tons bird shot for the number of druid multiboxers in nazjatar, i would have run out the supply of ammo by day 3.

Not immersive either to head to a mob and it gets down by 20 arrows. You turn around and see Bob, Bobby, Bobbie, Bobbet, Bobber, etc…head to the downed mob and loot all the things. The problem is money. By the end of the xpac Blizz is down to a million (maybe) players and those multiboxers help keep the lights on. Of course, if they made the game more like an MMORPG and less like the what have you it is then maybe they would not see so many players leave in the first place. (side note, how many multiboxers play for free due to being able to buy tokens? You would think if at least 10 of the Bob, Bobby, Bobbie, etc. all were able to loot then the chances of getting loot worth more gold increases?)

1 Like

I gave my wife 5 million gold for the Bruto and nothing happened.

1 Like

Another great day of WOW and multiboxing…just like the last 15 years. I shall farm an extra node today and undercut yet more of the complaining botter AH rip off artists. :laughing:

I mean I agree with you. It is illegal, it does provide an unfair advantage, etc. The question is how does Blizzard prevent people from doing it? Anyways… I’m already reading the legion of drones defending multiboxing to the death. I’m gonna respond to one of them right now actually.

I guess you didn’t actually read the very things you linked. They support “multiboxing” (as in) the act of playing multiple WoW accounts on the same PC. Look very closely at how they worded it. This is to allow two different people to play two different accounts on the same PC for anyone having the desire to do so. PC’s often have multiple monitors and you can plug in as many different forms of input as you want. Two keyboards, a keyboard and a controller, etc.

Their terminology is allowing that. What they don’t support are the multiboxing tools. Aka the stuff 99.999999999999% of “multiboxers” are doing to play their characters in perfect synchronization as a single player with single inputs. So now they we have established Blizzard doesn’t support the “multiboxing” that we all talk about whenever we use the word “multiboxing” do you have anything else to add?

Just for clarity. They literally said it right there. Multiboxing tools are not allowed.

Yes they did write the rules. Now read my last post, and then re-read the rules. Are you sure you went to a debate class? Because if you did I’m amazed you passed. I didn’t even have to take a class to know how to beat you in this debate.

Multiboxing tools are not allowed. Said so by the very links people keep trying to promote. The realistic reason why Blizzard hasn’t acted on this is because it’s impossible to police. It adds extra cost for them to patrol the servers and ban all the offending accounts. This is the exact opposite of what Activision-Blizzard wants. It also literally denies them the extra income of all those subscribed accounts. Losing them even more money. Yet another outcome Activi$ion-Bli$$ard doesn’t want.

Put those two together and this is why mutliboxing, with multiboxing tools, seems like it is allowed. So it is up to us the community to show them how much we hate multiboxing. Voting with wallets if need be. Until the cost of ignoring this issue outweighs the cost of doing something about it. Money is the only thing that talks to Acivi$ion-Bli$$ard.

Now if only everyone in this topic knew this then people would stop trying to argue nonsense over and over.

No, mean not supported, if something goes wrong Blizzard will not help. It’s their same policy with addons.

That’s some Gold Medal leaping you did there.

5 Likes

I love it when people say they never see them when they don’t farm, or have apparently never stepped foot into Naz’ and looked up.

You should look again yourself. Or at least look at it for the first time since you clearly did not do so.

Two people don’t need to play on the same computer at the same time.

Plugging in two keyboards won’t let two people play at the same time.

Read very carefully. When Blizzard says they “don’t support” something, that means they won’t help you with any problems.

If they didn’t want you using multiboxing software, they would have explicitly stated that multiboxing software is not allowed.

This is an outright lie. Try again.

5 Likes

It’s pretty obvious that you didn’t since you’re passing around lies as “debating”.

Again, this is an outright lie.

They are not supported. That means Blizzard won’t help you with any problems caused by using multiboxing software.

Your mental gymnastics require that Blizzard apparently not allowing multiboxing software while also never banning anyone for using multiboxing software. Tell me what sense that makes.

4 Likes

It shows.

His marks would have been way higher than yours.

Yep. Multiboxing is allowed. Multiboxing tools are not supported (as in, they will not help with issues - just like addons).

Struggling to find where you saw that it was “illegal”. Don’t you have any shame at all?

5 Likes

“Support” = You can do it and we won’t ban you but we aren’t going to help you.

Now that we have.

1 Like

What’s to debate? Is there some new software players are using to multibox? To my knowledge it’s all the same software it has been for years. If it were against the ToS Blizz would have banned it by now.

2 Likes

You’re wrong. People that multi-box use a very popular add-on called ISBoxer and the second component, Innerspace for over a decade. It’s the one I use to multi-box on a daily basis for nearly the last half year.

I’ve had several documented conversations with GM’s about this because I wasn’t going to invest time, money and effort into a new playstyle if it wasn’t allowed. I’ve been playing WoW since I was in my mid-20’s, I’m not in my early 40’s. You learn over the years to always do research, study, find out what you are allowed to do before you jump in the deep end head first.

When Blizzard states they do not support them, that doesn’t mean that they are not allowed. It means that as an example, if I have an error with using the ISBoxer addon, I can’t write Blizzard a ticket and ask for help, whether it be technical questions or specific questions on how to use the add-on.

Multi-boxing is allowed, as is many different third party add-ons that support multi-boxing and make it easy to do. Key replication/cloning is not against the EULA, you can think it is, but… it’s… not… AT all.

2 Likes

:rofl:

This is what you got out of the text you read?

1 Like

No self respecting multiboxer depend on /follow anymore.
Try /follow someone running around Stormwind and you will realize it does not work well.

Imagine flying around trees gathering herb nodes using /follow. There are scripts to ensure all toons are STACKED properly when moving. /follow does not allow you to stack. You will never be able to herb effectively if you depend on /follow.

Really? Since you are so knowledgeable about this please explain what self respecting multiboxers do then.

I do and it works well for me.

2 Likes

Don’t mind me. I’m just posting here cause I noticed the thread as at 999 posts and I wanted to be the 1000th post. :grin:

Edit: God damn it Orctang!

3 Likes

Sorry, didn’t mean to mess you up there friend.

1 Like