Multiboxing and automated moderation

External macroing in and of itself is banned by the ToS.

No it isn’t. Having external macros doing more than is possible by macros in game is.

2 Likes

You’re talking automation I agree with that so many wrong in it ,but some are complaining for others reasons .Multi-boxing I believe is good if done right ,yet it’s been used for all the wrong purposes ,only way truly to stop them is have a record of them doing the wrong.

This reporting by them to ban people for whatever reason should be looked into.

Still that now. 1 keypress = 1 action = 1 client. If Blizzard is gonna action you for software use to control your computer and how it operates, might as well gig you for using mouse drivers and keyboard drivers.

2 Likes

It has been and was proven to be false. There is no right-click report that leads to an automated ban.

In the instance where a bunch of players put in false tickets to get someone banned, those players ended up with their accounts actioned for false reports to a GM.

4 Likes

why are you telling us? if you think blizzard is enforcing their own rules incorrectly, tell THEM.

2 Likes

What “good” can come from allowing one person to control multiple accounts? Single handedly dominating in BGs or world PvP? Single handedly overtaking the econemy for a servers herb supply? Sitting there tab target killing mobs in high respawn areas for world drop mounts (though I’m like 90% certain this one is bots)? Those are the only things people use multiboxing for now. Before hand, the only other addition was that people would solo dungeons by controlling 5 accounts at once.

There was literally one person controlling, I believe one of my guild mates counted 20 accounts comprising mostly of DK’s with a few resto shaman in the group as well, standing on the portal to Zuldazar from New Home, killing everyone who showed up on that shard while completely preventing us from leaving.

I don’t understand what kind of “good” can come from allowing one person to use external software or hardware to control multiple accounts. The only things I see from the multiboxing community is controlling economies, farming gold (still economy related), farming mounts (again, economy related), etc. There is nothing that benefits the overall community by allowing people to do this. The only people that benefit from this is Blizzard, padding their pockets by allowing certain loopholes to their banned external macroing implementation.

1 Like

That’s not what I said automation of a multiboxer .I was referring to in the other sentence to the complaining of multi-boxers reporting false claim on people to be ban. Had nothing to do with a person automatically getting people ban by report totally different.

So? This whole rant is that multiboxers are hurting you by making it harder for you to make gold?

When you multi-box some are not intending to do Bg’s or herb them are rising toon’s it faster that way but for what reason is beyond me. I have two accounts and sometime have a toon on fallow tell me is that botting or multi-boxing?

1 Like

It’s more about scuffing the economy up and griefing.

that’s the thing though, the issue has changed a lot since vanilla. the issue multi boxxers pose now is just… different.

• farming boe mounts, or even just rare bop mounts
  • node changes that allow for 10 players to farm a single node
  • being able to pay for your subscription… with the gold you made from the above
  • world pvp events that provide worthwhile rewards for winning
  • auction house changes that actually benefit mass posting. while I agree with the changes they made to the AH, it actually makes posting in mass more profitable as prices are far more stable

none of that stuff existed in vanilla.

So it is about you not being able to make gold and gouging other players. Crying “But the economy” is a red herring.

1 Like

That’s neither. That’s having two accounts open, doing the quest chain on one account and having to tab out to turn it in on another account.

But for others that don’t know this it’s botting and boxing.

I’m sorry, what? I don’t understand.

You have no proof of this. It is entirely speculation.

How much money are we talking about here? $400-$600 a month from someone who plays up to 40 characters, maybe? Out of the millions Blizzard makes on game-time alone? The money spent by multi-boxers is statistically insignificant.

They banned over 74,000 accounts recently. That’s a lot of money. I would hazard a guess that it’s more accounts than are used by multi-boxers.

The excuse that money is the reason Blizzard allows multi-boxing is poorly researched. It’s lame.

If that was how it worked (it’s not), why aren’t players grouping in to raids to mass-report bots?

A bunch of conspiracy theories that the gullible believe.

8 Likes

You are arguing points that have already been made en masse, and I have changed my arguments to reflect these points.

then… nothing would happen.

1 Like

poorly researched. it’s lame?

clearly there is a reason why blizzard allows it at the cost of the experience of other players. When a 40 man multiboxxer was sitting in Ashran for weeks ruining the experience for 1,000’s of players, do you think that’s a good and healthy gaming experience? When the same person was using the in game resport system to mute players or have them actually banned… this isn’t even that long ago.

They have tolerated for one thing only. money. That’s it. The multi boxxers they have banned are in direct conflict with that. Don’t trade money for gold and guess what, you don’t get banned.