Multiboxers

Typical basic anti multiboxers. Nothing but hyperbole and insults. But that’s ok. I’m having fun playing the game. Just hope you can learn to let it go and start enjoying it as well.

2 Likes

Advantages =/= Winning

What’s “winning the game”, anyway? How does one “win the game”?

There are still plenty of private servers for Vanilla and TBC right now that are up and functional…

Actually the terminology of Pay-To-Win doesn’t mean “winning” the game by any real definition, as you so reliably put it. It’s generally used in reference to when in game power and advantages can be bought for real money instead of gained through gameplay. So yes, advantages = pay 2 win. Arguing the semantics of the way people have decided to refer to it online is just pointless.

1 Like

So what advantages are they getting? Do they get to skip the PvP rank grind? Do they gear up while skipping out on raiding?

What do they actually gain outside of killing a few stragglers in WPvP?

2 Likes

If it’s to understand your position, it serves a point. I want to know what it means to “win the game”. I, certainly, don’t think MBers have a “p2w” advantage, over me.

2 Likes

No you’re just arguing semantics. Anyone with a passing understanding of videogames in the last 10 years understands what Pay to Win advantages are. But by all means have a semantic argument about a sarcastic joke made in only one of several of my posts as the focus of your counter argument.

1 Like

The peaceful muliboxers did nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Hey, someone from my server. The advantages are pretty plainly obvious. The ability to do group based content without the need to interact with other players, the ability to farm and clear zones much more efficiently all by themselves, and the ability to be exceptionally safe when farming in the open world solo. These are all advantages that are transferred to this player by the virtue of them paying money for a second, third, or fourth account. And while I don’t think that those who dual box a second character and use it for healing and such is a major advantage, the ones using 5 box mages to lock down entire hives with rank 1 arcane explosion is problematic to the health of the game.

I mean hell, we had people crying that allowing auto loot on all nearby corpses would destroy the wow economy because it would make mages 10 seconds faster between aoe clears. These were the kind of nonsense arguments from the nochanges crowd, and yet nothing about dual boxing was ever mentioned.

I just think that if the entire argument from the Classic crowd was that LFG and other changes to the game removed player interaction and destroyed the community aspect of the game, then why do we tolerate 5 box mages and other multiboxing? Seems a bit silly to me.

2 Likes

The common definition is paying to unlock features that you normally have to play the game to unlock. Buying the best armor, enchants, stats, etc. in the Blizzard store for for real $$ for example. While you could argue that buying a boost is P2W since normally you have to play the game to progress, it is hard to see how anyone could define multiboxing as P2W since each character has to progress though gameplay.

1 Like

what part do you not understand that they were in WoW since launch

large part of the game was multiboxing

here is a thread from EARLY 2005
h ttps://www.graffes.com/forums/showthread.php?31829-Multiboxing

are we clear now?

1 Like

fires up MMMMPal on pve server

Oh yeah, I’m hurting so many people on a pve server…People here are retarded thinking it’s anything like botting/automation.

#ONEKEYPRESSLIVESMATTER

1 Like

Ok? And? Does this somehow invalidate my points? No it does not.

1 Like

So summed up they save time forming groups? I don’t see that as a P2W as it offers them no power gain that 5 people alone don’t have

If they paid and got gear or buffs that gave them direct power gains over other players I’d agree. But these people still have to endure everything we do to grow in power. Multiboxing doesn’t allow them to skip the content

1 Like

This is great response and is true. It has been clearly established that multiboxing is a fair and positive playstyle for this game. People need to calm down and enjoy this game, multiboxing or not.

2 Likes

My mage and some entirely different person playing a mage are more efficient at all of that than someone multiboxing 4 mages.

Multiboxing isn’t really that great. And it has HUGE weaknesses. You’re a priest, psychic scream is pretty massive against them in PvP, since it’s probably going to move them out of range to /follow.

So many of these arguments get so stupid. Yeah, a 5 boxing player can easily cap a flag in AB, but that’s also 5 people who have to be in the same place at the same time. Your team has a 4 person advantage over them. Stop going 1v5 with the multiboxer, and work together as a team and just win the match.

2 Likes

“It’s clear that LFG and LFR are fair and positive playstyle for this game. People need to calm down and enjoy this game, LFG/LFR or not.”

This argument could be used to defend literally any “insert complaint here” stance and has zero substance to it.

1 Like

No, I’m not. I want to know what it means to “win the game”. As far as I’m concerned, they’re not paying for capped characters, mounts, raid gear, etc., for money. So, what exactly are they paying for, that’s the advantage, here?

3 Likes

I’m glad you understand that the riots are peaceful.

1 Like

Well that would actually be arguing semantics. “the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning.”

What does it MEAN is a semantic argument. And one that doesn’t have any impact on this conversation. In fact, the constant attempt to dilute this to talking about pay 2 win is an attempt to muddy the waters of the conversation. My point and argument has always been that multiboxers violate everything the Classic crowd claims is what they wanted back out of classic and why they don’t like retail.

The pay to win bit was just a cheeky poke at the multiboxers.