Multiboxers

yes I do, you made that claim, now back it up.

name calling just weakens your stance

blizzard officially supports and encourages multiboxing. and like i said, you must have a really low iq to believe otherwise. just because blizzard says “it isnt supported” doesnt mean they dont support it. have you ever been lied to before?

Still still nothing official from Blizzard saying that? And all you have to offer is more insults.

ah yes. but it does make sense that blizzard actively supports multiboxing, and actively encourages it. what do you think?

silence =/= consent

well, i understand that you dont want to admit that it makes sense that blizzard wants to actively encourage and support multiboxing.

And you still can’t show anything official backing your claim. It would really put an end to the angst on the forums about it.

why would i need to? what doesnt make sense about blizzard supporting and encouraging multiboxing?

They have the LFG system too, and yet it’s not allowed in Classic. Stop acting like historical acceptance = wholesale support.

LFG never existed nor was allowed in Vanilla WoW.

Multiboxing did exist and was allowed in Vanilla WoW.

1 Like

Except that’s not exactly true. There were plenty of ways that systems like LFG were emulated. But it was decided that it wasn’t allowed in Classic. But keep being wrong. And keep defending something that violates literally EVERYTHING people claim is the reason they wanted Classic back. #Hypocrisy.

follow was in vanilla BGs

guess what, no follow here

1 Like

Just remember, every time you see a multi-boxer on an MMORPG you are literally seeing the textbook definition of, “LONELY”.

Even though they have a pay-to-win advantage, to quote the great David Bowie from the movie Labyrinth, “Such a pity…”

Thanks.

It is more like one keypress, one action on one client, software records this action and the software makes the keypress on the other clients. It is not a human making this keypress for the other clients it is the software making the input that controls the other characters. Pretty straightforward.

Also, are you trying to argue that we interact with the game client and the game client being software is the same as using third party software to copy actions and control other characters? The two are clearly different and a pretty big leap in logic to try and say that these things are the same.

Not really. The keypress is sent (broadcast) simultaneously to the different windows (clients) not just to the window that currently has focus. If you set three windows/clients to receive broadcast events you can move the mouse and it simultaneously moves in all the windows that are targeted for broadcast. If you click that click is simultaneously seen in all active clients.

All interactions are via software, using software to simultaneously broadcast a single keystroke to multiple windows, rather than a single window, is permitted. Using software to enable keypress broadcasting to multiple windows isn’t against the EULA and meets the one keypress, one action per client, criteria set by Blizzard.

Lots of third party software (not distributed by Blizzard or the OS manufacturer) is used all the time. Addons, programmable keyboard, mouse, keypad software, etc. The only question is whether that 3rd party software is permitted or not. And the software used for multi-boxing is permitted. Heck if you are using a custom driver for your keyboard/mouse/video card/etc. you are using 3rd party software.

The bottom line is a human pressed the key and that single keypress was broadcast to multiple clients. One keypress, one action per client.

1 Like

The multiboxers I play with are the most social and awesome people ever. I multibox myself, too, and my guild is amazingly supportive and awesome overall.

From what I see in-game, there is a MASSIVE amount of people who love and support multiboxing.

From what I see in this thread, people are envious of the achievements of another and thus complain.

Ultimately, Multiboxing has been in this game from the start, it is a valid play style, and it contributes to the community of this game in a great way, as well as contributes to Blizzards bottom line.

2 Likes

People pay more money to multibox because they are at a disadvantage. Lolol

Just remember folks, the bias is real. The people campaigning super hard against complaints of multiboxing and giving literally ZERO reason for why it’s good other than “Blizzard allows it” are doing so because they know it’s an unfair advantage that they don’t want to lose.

3 Likes

Hmm, you might want to re-read this sentence.

mad cuz poor L2 MULTI

1 Like