Multi Boxers and Lack of Herb Nodes

Just fix it… Multi Boxers are over herbing and mining the zone to point there nothing for rest of us… its ridiculous and been tolerated its cheating at game using a 3rd party program do muti key strokes its just a bad as botting or someone using a mod to change things about game… Its not right and not how game was subpost be played I have nothing againist anyone playing or owning 2 or more accounts but herbing mining its for birds and needs to stop!

23 Likes

Oh, look. It’s another of these threads.

Nodes are spawning slowly because there aren’t many players in the shards. You’d see exactly the same effect if all the multiboxers were independent players… the same number of PCs competing for the same herbs.

2 Likes

It’s not exactly the same. A 5-box clears a node instantly, so unless you tap it first you can’t tap it at all. If it was 5 individuals zooming around independently you at least have a fighting chance of beating one of them to the 5th tap. It’s an objectively worse situation, which is why we’re seeing all the complaints suddenly.

But since Blizzard has been very clear that they are OK with it for 15 years there seems little point trying to get anything changed. Just find some other way to make gold for now.

4 Likes

What do you suggest, for a rule change? “Just fix it” means “make it perfect”. Blizzard can’t do that – they do not have magical powers! But they can make a change. Do you have a suggestions?

1 Like

Are all the multi-boxers 5-boxes? A 4-box would be the same as 1 player: you could still pick a node after them. I’ve done that.

Note this problem ONLY affects one situation: [1] you see a node and head towards it AND [2] another gatherer gets to it before you AND [3] you still get there within 30 seconds and try to pick it AND [4] the other one is a 5-boxer.

Do all 4 things happen every node? Of course not. Most nodes? Of course not. I’ve put in a couple hundred hours gathering, including countless times I could get nothing because of competition: all it takes is 2 or 3 other gatherers in my area (not multiboxers) to ruin it for me.

1 Like

what third party? I do 5 accounts and all instances of wow are linked to my mouse. Not sure were you think 3rd party software is used

ban multiboxers, problem solved : )

8 Likes

One tap nodes and faster spawns,better yet give my herbalist toon a farm to grow his own herbs to pick then do away with world herbing.Then again I like to herb to level so one tap node with faster spawns works better.I level the right way the first time but the drudgery on the next toon is too much.

2 Likes

yes should only be one account per ip anyway.

4 Likes

Either make single tap nodes, or make it when you tap a node you have to click again after a random amount of time with the cursor appearing in slightly different spots like how fishing is.

1 Like

Sometimes when I attempt to harvest zinathid, I get attacked by a naga, which interrupts the harvest. By the time I kill the naga, the node is gone. Nobody else got it!

We tried that. We had single-tap nodes in WoW for more than 10 years! The change to multi-tap only happened around 2018.

There’s an old saying “cut off your own nose” which means “make a big problem worse, to fix a small problem”. Any successful gatherer makes much, much more due to multi-tap than they lose to multi-boxers. This single change at least doubled my gatherer yields.

A 5-multiboxer who reaches a node before you makes that one node single-tap – not ALL nodes. You’ll never solve this problem by pretending that 10% is 100%. That is just arguing. Blizzard won’t be tricked by that.

Well I didn’t see any multi boxers for 3-4 days and thought they did something about it,then farmed for today and yesterday- three sets of botters.

2 Likes

blizzard could increase the node tap from 10 to 40 and increase the time to dispawn from 30sec to 2min, i think that would help, but now you will have multiboxer with 40 accounts.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand how Internet connectivity works, friend.

1 Like

My issue is the packs of 8 moonkins at every single human encampment or beast encampment. Can’t skin anything anymore.

1 Like

No, a 10-box does. Up to 10 players can herb/mine a given node before it immediately disappears. Otherwise, it disappears 30 seconds after the first player herbs/mines it.

EDIT: :man_facepalming: Apparently the second page of the professions forum is topics that are over 14 days since the last reply. Welp.

Disable autofollow.

1 Like

I gave up skinning and pick up other profession instead, you can get them for a very low price on the AH anyway.

Ya that would make it worse. Better to increase the number of nodes and reduce the number of taps per node. Multi-boxer can’t visit more nodes per time than a uni-boxer.