Much needed 9.1 DK changes - my honest thoughts

Death Pact - the healing absorption overkill the DK in PvP situation where during dampening or under MS effect, the absorption will be larger than the actual healing, making it a total garbage talent to take for any games longer than 2mins or if opponent team has MS specs. The healing should change to increase max HP by 50%, working similar to BM trinket.

2 Likes

Dampening especially pisses me off on my DK because for some stupid reason Death Strike is disproportionatly impacted by it.

I can watch my DS heal for less than 0.5% of my max health at 10% dampening.
It makes no sense.

2 Likes

Agreed I’m leaving the game after the state dk is in people say play another class but I never really have I love dk its fun for me it just crap now lol

1 Like

how about give us gargoyle baseline Necrotic strike and dark simulacrum?

3 Likes
  1. Give Blood DKs Transfusion.

2. Allow Blood DKs to dual wield if we want to, dual wielding would allow us to have Fallen Crusader AND Sanguination and it would cause Bloodworms to proc more often.

3. Speaking of which give us a glyph that changes Bloodworms into wraiths or those red things that spawn with the Prideful affix, because worms are really lame.

4. Make Consumption baseline and add an effect to it that grants Runic Power per target hit or just increase the damage it does.

5. Give Venthyr DKs a glyph that makes Summon Gargoyle summon a Stoneborne instead, AKA the true gargoyles.

6. Make Summon Gargoyle baseline for all specs, I’d rather have that than Raise Dead, keep all undead on Unholy exclusively.

7. Sacrificial Pact could still work the same way but sacrificing your gargoyle/Stoneborne instead.

8. This is the most important one, Death’s Advance should not cancel Blooddrinker, this one is especially frustrating because you can use Death’s Advance and then Blooddrinker no problem but try using DA while using BD and suddenly there’s an issue… Such a glaring oversight that still hasn’t been corrected.

1 Like

its because its already a miniscule heal being made insanely miniscule by multiple damp effects

1 Like

ACtually that reminds me.

I do agree that the Gargoyle should be moved into Bloods kit.
Just because thats where it themeatically fits, and because it has to compete with mandatory unholy talents for the past few years(So basically its a dead talent).
Reskin it into a Venthyr Gargoyle that shoots red stuff. Yeah.
Prob not baseline tho.

valk was king of DPS for unholy in legion, baseline for all spec woudl be fine, but gargoyle has been core unholy since wrath.

1 Like

Ugh… Dark Arbiter :face_vomiting:

if i may ask, is the vomit there because of the RP spending mechanic is bad or because you were forced to take it because the devs dont even try to balance talents as long as at least 1 build works?

1 Like

Both.

I couldn’t also understand why DA replaced Gary with such a bonus with a such a drastic drawback.

Yea, it has 33% cooldown reduction vs Gary. Yea, it has the RP bonus. But why half the duration?

What’s with this drawback? I didn’t really understand the state of the talent… They buffed it with CDR, they buffed the damage, they nerfed the damage more than they buffed it, they increased the duration still in contrast to OG Gary.

It was a heap of a mess… and then they overall made him a talent for what reason?

-_-

they will deny this, but everyone who watched beta knows: they couldn’t think of a talent to replace it.

they were going to give it to us baseline, even announced this at blizzcon, then at the end of beta when they couldn’t think of a talent to fill its spot, they just put it back as a talent.

2 Likes

That’s sadly plausible.

I can think of many creative ways to fix the dead talents. Just make Gary freaking baseline again. T_T

It is a sad talent. Remove the runic power part and give a buff that it deserves for something that was made a talent which would justify the cd or remove. As it is now it can’t even compare to our main ghouls auto attack damage. Straight garbage for a talent.

Although, I’d honestly be fine with it being replaced for something that can either make ebon fever relevant or adding something to what our main ghoul is capable of. It can even be a passive that could change dt to transform our ghoul into, let’s say a fleshbeast with different set of abilities to boot.

Who wouldn’t love an undead monstrosity dealing damage by puking everywhere?

Would be cool if we had talent changed whether it was more single target to contrast it with the current variation we have now which is heavy on cleave.

1 Like

i dont see the point.
Unholy already complains about having too much GCDs involved in their burst.

Why add another one?
Gary just does not fit into Unholys kit anymore.
It is what it is.
Unless they take some things off of GCD for UH, noone is ACTUALLY going to enjoy having Gary. It would just be button/GCD bloat.

1 Like

Well maybe you don’t but Gary has always been staple of Unholy’s kit since Dk release. The fact that they shafted him into a current form of talent is completely uncalled for.

Unholy having too many GCDs to juggle is pretty much one of the side effects of Unholy Presence’s departure as well as an addition of Apocalypse and the whole Festering Wound system. This problem is not really related to Gary but he did suffer the consequences from the abilities mentioned.

And hey, 30 seconds of Gargoyle or Valk damaging your enemy is quite a hefty value. 30 second is pretty long time next to Army of the Dead ghouls. I just wish they adjust the damage accordingly. Since Unholy is more well rounded than Frost in terms of resources, the RP damage boost can go.

As for the “GCD bloat” issue, you might as well have Presences return because that would ease that sort of issue Unholy has right now, or make an innate passive that gives haste or GCD reduction, or take DT off GCD. Every single CD ability Unholy does have initial damage which is probably why there is a lot of GCD in the first place.

4 Likes

Ruined Unholy Assult in the same manner. Honestly, though I wouldn’t care too much having Gargoyle baseline and having it be another GCD on the list. Although adding Gargoyle into this current iteration of Unholy would make their single target explode, especially while running Deadliest Coil since it gives you more opportunities to spend RP.

2 Likes

Which is why I don’t mind for the removal of RP boost for Gary if he does become baseline.

Also… another reason why I’m against with pet damage on mastery in the first place too. I’d rather them focus up our own shadow damage that our minions already inherits.

“Always” is a bit of an exaggeration considering its been out of rotation for like 2+ years now.