Much needed 9.1 DK changes - my honest thoughts

I wish that was the case, I guess it depends on what mount you are using but I’ve auto run with PoF on Battle of Gil to WW and found Nemo. When I try to get back on top of the water, its like PoF isn’t even activated and I am there just jumping up and down like a dolphin.

I really like your oblit/deathstrike idea. I think Shroud of Winter could be interesting if it gave Remorseless Winter a mobile smoke bomb effect. As Shroud of Winter is now, I feel like Frost DK’s are just being absolutely gimped.

1 Like

Bring back presences and icy touch and change icy touch so it becomes the glyphed version instead ( * Your Icy Touch dispels one helpful Magic effect from the target. ) so there is a way to counter all those annoying absorb shields that plagues the game in pvp atm.

4 Likes

Seeing how god damn slow DK’s are & half the time you spend trying to catch people, they should do more damage than Ret/Arms, but they do far less, i don’t get why Blizz is so conservative with DK’s. I have a feeling for the devs who obviously don’t play PVP, they feel like DK can’t have big heal reductions (or big damage at all) like Warrior because death grip makes it almost guaranteed to land necro strike, makes sense in theory but not practice.

Sharpen/mortal strike is always going to land on the target you want unless you really suck, you got charge, leap, door of shadows, intervene & howl, they are gonna have 50% less healing for 6 secs whether they like it or not, there is a reason why warriors have quickly become the most popular target callers, replacing DK’s.

With this super bursty meta, being able to use NS more than Sharpen/MS combo doesn’t matter, this may change in 9.1 though.

1 Like

1: Fix all non-working NS/Conduit/Deaths Due interactions.
2: Add Death Strike into Obliteration.
3: Implement Transfusion into Bloods kit via any means.

i think those are the important, simple, and obvious changes.

2 Likes

Haha I don’t know what the hell you just said but I like the way you say it!

PLEASE

its hard to convince people that even with death grip and chains of ice, we still spend most of the time chasing them unless they want to brawl with us. I can’ really put it into words either. in theory we should be a sticky class, but every class has insane escapes and DK doesnt. deaths advance helps and wraith walk does too, but wraiths walk is something i dont take unless i have a healer and even then i still barely take it. so deaths advance does help but still we are chasing people most of the time and out go window requires a lot of GCDs.

2 Likes

Cling to hope.

It would be a nice change.

Death Pact is pretty necessary with how bursty this meta is, which takes away our only other movement speed option, chains of ice isn’t so great either, you can quickly be rune starved with it & not have that extra Obliterate when you need it.
DK just overall isn’t that well designed compared to other Melee, people think Havoc is bad but it’s just their numbers were tuned too low, they are very well rounded which is why they were so broken in legion/bfa.

1 Like

That’s a wicked idea. Like a purple tint would be sweet. The caster would know he can’t mess with it at all.

1 Like

+1

chains pvp talents helps for rooting but u are rune starved

no other melee has to waste resources into snaring

1 Like

if we werent damaged starved and we could gear into haste, then we might not have a problem. but also i dont know how effective haste would really be for us. I would love to see a full haste DK just to see if it makes everything smoother. \

the last thing that annoys me about DK is the rhythm. its hard in battle to know if you have runes. its hard to get into the rhythm with the replinishment of your runes like it is for other classes. we have the GCD and rune replinishment to watch for. I mean im used to it now and dont click the wrong button very often but its a weird playstyle. slamming frost strikes for obliterates is bizarre feeling.

Personally, I think Chains of Ice is one of our stronger tools we have as a DK and it can be extremely annoying to play against. 70% slow is nothing to scoff at (I think this is why it costs a resource otherwise it’d be a generic 50% slow). Although it is annoying that some classes do have something to remove or reduce the effectiveness of this such as Druids, Shamans, Paladins with Hand of Freedom and Warlocks with Circle.

If you make a Mage, Warrior or any class that has a dash mobility used from being slowed all the time, I think you’re in a right direction against those said class and even moreso if you are using Delirium.

I remember that whenever I’m in a BG and there are a lot of opposite members riding on a mount, I use Chains of Ice on every single one of these guys up to 6 targets… That’s like, 60% of the members in Warsong Gulch which is kinda humorous to say the least to have ONE Death Knight slow you by 70% for 8 seconds.

Also fun fact, you can still slow druids with Chains of Ice if you’re using it with Dreamweaver’s Soothing Voice. Giving you an even greater edge against them.

And I get it, it’s mutually exclusive with one of your Obliterates. Another problem stems from RP is just not feeling great to use as a Frost DK. Chains of Ice is one of the good asset we have to get close to someone since we have a passive component of Death’s Advance and in the long run when there are no mobilities left, you will reach your target with it!

At least that’s my 2 cents on it. Obliterate should do a bit more by removing the absurd pvp modifiers the class have and make RP feel good to press for Frost. Like you have an RP ability that slaps someone with Frost Damage in melee range in contrast to Unholy’s standard RP ability that they can spend to slap someone with Shadow Damage from afar and enable you to stim your Timmy ahead of time. RP cost is hefty though but it has a greater chance to proc RC and is more GCD efficient.

Frost just needs more than just slapping with Frost Damage in melee range in PvP since BoS, DS and GA are just straight up trash in PvP.

1 Like

Should be made available to the spec it’s themed after.

And ima keep on repeating it until it happens. Lol.

5 Likes

i’d agree, IMO its mere existence is why blizz doesn’t want to buff DS for frost and unholy.

1 Like

wat

its a 70% slow, bro

Was that a reply to me or Ultixer?

to Ultixer

1 Like

If this is the case, I’d be happily give Transfusion away to Blood spec and ask for removing the PvP modifier on DS completely!

2 Likes