Much needed 9.1 DK changes - my honest thoughts

That’s because it is an exaggeration.

Gary is not just a minion. He’s our friend and he deserve much better than the sad state that he is in right now.

1 Like

Blizzard’s solution will be a glyph that turns DT into a gargoyle.

1 Like

If I may add some pain points I have along with some suggestions;

For Unholy;

Scaling
I would like them to at least partially revert the Mastery Nerf, at the time it was an 8% overall nerf and it will hurt our scaling going into future tiers, in fact I see it happening right now in the current tier. 20% scaling reduction was too much, 10% would have been much more approriate.

Alternatively, they could improve our scaling with other stats like Crit, maybe make Wound crits generate 5 RP instead of 3, or Virulent Plague has a chance based on crit to apply a wound.

CDs and GCD
Several specs got their CDs taken off the GCD while Unholy got new CDs added via the Unholy blight buff and covenant ability. Our opener/CDs are bloated and that’s not including Gargoyle or Unholy Assault. Removing Dark Transformation and/or Unholy Blight from the GCD would help A LOT and not make every CD window feel like a chore just to get rolling while Frost can Pillar/Empower/Breath all off the GCD.

Virulent Plague
Do something with virulent plague, they removed it’s chance to do splash damage each tick, they removed outbreak sticking on the target to spread the dot, and now it’s a dot that does half the damage of frost fever and nothing else. Frost Fever can proc RP, Blood plague heals, albeit very little, but still. Hence my suggestion for Plague to have a chance to proc wounds, or make it do splash damage when you pop a wound, something.

3 Likes

pretty cool idea tbh;

Necrotic strike should be baseline.
If we receive none of the much needed buffs APART from baseline necrotic strike ill be happy

You predicted 9.1 unholy buffs bro, no doubt they read this. Good work my friend, they finally listened :smiley:

Not liking the cap and the stacking of wounds. :frowning:

It looks strong, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t like the fact that they botched my Necrostonk build that’s all. :cry:

UH dk if they dont get changes to the new pvp talents will be disgustingly op…its more than strong

Doesn’t matter if it’s strong.

I’m just sad that they botched the build that I made.

These changes will really shift the way that I play a lot. Far more than I preferred.

tbh i think more people will be upset about facing frost DKs than unholy. and while we are getting lethality back to our spells, we aren’t really getting any defensive boost, the healing factor of this just makes us a little less glass and a little more cannon, but still very immobile and easily killable if mongoed. you have to remember that a high healing DS is what made us methodical to kill, you had to slowly rot and trade CDs with a dk, if you hit him hard he would just heal the burst back up. we cant do that anymore. the healing return on this i think will be more of a stop gap for us taking so much damage and having no answer for it, but we still don’t have an answer for heavy burst, especially if its physical. and we are still weak to hit and run attacks by high mobility classes.

1 Like