DOTA 2 71%
Fortnite 66%
Destiny 2 65%
PUBG Battlegrounds 65%
World of Warcraft 64%
Call of duty 63%
FF14 61%
GTA 60%

https www adl org/resources/report/hate-no-game-hate-and-harassment-online-games-2023

(For full display have at it)

People say FF14 is positive when it’s not and also we World of Warcraft players are not any better but hey atleast we are on the lower end of the scale compared to others.

Not the place for this

3 Likes

I don’t believe this report. It’s hard to imagine that many 10-16 year olds even play this game. I think there was a report sometime ago where most of WoW’s population age was in it’s 30s.

13 Likes

Wasn’t like League of Legends on that list too and it was almost as high as Valorant? …if anything I know games to avoid as yikes that 80%

1 Like

lol cod is 63% and i think these findings are from only handful of players that might have been harassing players and got it blown back at them

Would you care to explain what the %'s mean?

8 Likes

What is this metric?? Percentage of players who report having been harassed?

5 Likes

MSNBC

lol

16 Likes

I refuse to believe that both Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto were below World of Warcraft on this list.

7 Likes

wooo 64% were not toxic at all. toxicity in wow is a myth

1. MSNBC, lol
  2. % with no indication what they mean
10 Likes

I agree with you, and I suspect that they haven’t considered the amount of time players have spent playing each game. If the metric is “percentage of players who have experienced harassment in their lifetime” I would say that might be related to the fact that WoW players might play this game for what equates to actual years of their life, vs GTA5 which most people probably play for a small fraction of that time. Even if someone just does the quests and story in the game, they’d probably be spending at least 30x as long in WoW than GTA5.

3 Likes

64%, when the highest is 80%, seems like WoW is on the higher end.

1 Like

Do they explain the methodology that generated those numbers at all? Is any of the raw data available?

Without one or both of those, this is meaningless.

6 Likes

So what’s the statistical analysis on this? Especially when we consider that all data that you would actually need to pull off this kind of analysis would have zero chance of being shared by the companies in question?

2 Likes

You don’t have to be a kid or teenager to harass others. Grown up adults also harass others. Don’t you remember a big controversy a couple years ago that the state of California sued Blizzard for rampant harassment of female employees?

1 Like

Harassment is adult bullying imo

3 Likes

Honestly I’d be surprised if there were many multi-player games that group you up with randoms that is below 50%.

Assuming this is “percentage of people who have experienced toxicity”.

As the ancient wisdom goes: Normal person + anonymity + audience = toxic prick

2 Likes

cmon guys we can do it, we can beat valorant

Summary

/s

3 Likes

What article is this from

1 Like