Moving the Kaldorei off Kalimdor completes the Horde's attempt at genocide instead of safeguarding against it

And again, they’re not leaving Kalimdor.

You’re taking the fact that the Night Elves are setting up a new capital on the Dragon Isles, and then leaping over a chasm of your own making to claim that because of that they’re leaving Kalimdor entirely.

There’s no evidence of that.
They still consider Kalimdor to be theirs.
It’s still part of their culture and history, which will never change.

1 Like

Why do people keep underselling what your homeland and capital location being outside of your lands actually means and implies. IRL, let alone in the context of fantasy writing.

10 Likes

Honestly, the whole world thing thing just sounds like some people are making a mountain out of a pea sized hole. The Kaldorei aren’t leaving Kalimdor, there’s ZERO evidence of that in game anywhere.

Just looks like some are grasping for things to complain about and now we’re at that stage where people are taking minor things and blowing them up to be way bigger than they actually are

Any people whose population is not wholly in their homeland is in diaspora. I -really- don’t want to get into the RL comparisons but there are many examples of people across the globe throughout history who faced exile. Yes, some stayed in their homes. No, that does not diminish the fact that their people are still in a diaspora.

8 Likes

Nobody is exiling the Kaldorei because the Kaldorei ARE NOT leaving Kalimdor. As Cara said, there’s absolutely zero evidence to your claim

1 Like

At least to the extent where you don’t call your old place your homeland and don’t have your capital there, but call your new place your racial homeland and put your capital on it.

Yes, specifically moving the seat of your culture and center of government is relocation and actually extends beyond diaspora probably.

9 Likes

A lot of the time throughout history when people conquered cities and populations as slaves, they found the best way to make them more compliant/less likely to try to escape is to move them far away from their homeland because being in an unfamiliar land you’ve not grown up in and are not familiar with the land and people. After about 9 years of being homeless in stormwind they night elves are being shipped off into the middle of the ocean to not even live in a forest.

The Kaldorei are being relocated to the dragon isles on the other side of the world far away from Kalimdor, they aren’t even near a forest. The bulk of their remaining population is being shipped off to an irrelevant island and their main purpose now will be to protect the dragons power of amirdrassil, amirdrassil that is made from the souls of the night elves who died in the genocided didn’t even bless the night elves, just the dragons. Their capital will be there and their leadership is now based out of the dragon isles. The kaldorei are effectively being retried as a race if they are moved to the other side of the planet to an irrelevant island.

9 Likes

When I think of Blizz hates X race for X reasons the Kaldorei usually are on the bottom of the list considering how much content the entire race gets nearly every expansions.

When it comes to hatred, usually the Worgen and gnomes are at the top of the list for me. One’s treated as a joke race, and the other hasn’t been touched since Cata, not to mention you had to make a horde toon to even see the entirety of the Worgen story, blizz couldn’t even bother putting the entire story in the actual WORGEN starting zone.

Not to mention the Heritage Armor quest they did for the worgen. But sure, we’ll pretend Blizz REALLY REALLY hates the Kaldorei and their fans out of all the races in the game

2 Likes

If you think that is my argument, then you did NOT read my post. Go back and read it, then contribute.

Good thing my post wasn’t a response to you but a wholly different one and get this, it’s called an OPINION.

Ok I just finished all quests and watched all cinematics… I must say my fears were true… all we have done for the past expansions meant nothing… we accomplished nothing… Tyrande and the Night Warrior could have easilly been removed from the story and nothing would change… this new tree is indeed far far away from Kalimdor… and what’s worst, Malfurion x Ysera trade was totally useless as she never did anything at all.

GJ Blizzard!

8 Likes

I don’t think Night elves are moving away from Kalimdor, they still have a duty to it and Hyjal, and some lore sources states they do recovered control over darkshore and ashenvale and pushed the horde away.

Having Amirdrassil in the Dragon Isles means part of the population will be living there, but mostly civillians, and not all of them, and they have a chance do build there while taking care of it.

Amirdrassil also has a symbolic purpose, the rebirth and renewal.

Night Elves arent moving away from Kalimdor.

1 Like

When the militant leaders of the race call it the new homeland of the race… that means something.

1 Like

People are just accurately describing the situation.

We have hashed over this point probably a dozen times already and addressed why “only some of them move to Amirdrassil” is problematic

1 Like

OK, well, your post wasn’t marked as a reply and it’s derailing the conversation either way.

Yeah, because as I said, it’s not a reply, so it wouldn’t be marked as one. Ignore or respond as you see fit. It was just a general opinion about the sate of content being rolled out

Then if it wasn’t a reply to a comment in this thread it is entirely irrelevant.

Did they call the new homeland?

Again, lore states they have control over darkshore and ashenvale, why would they simply leave it?

I don’t see a problem here, We have world trees all over the world and we have at least some population of Night elves living outside Kalimdor in val’sharah.

The quest designers also said Amirdrassil would not be the end home for the kaldorei.

We might get a new Capital in Kalimdor once they decide to tackle the old zones in an update, but that isn’t happening now.