Moved over to FF14

Cool. I’m talking about people in FF14.

People in FFXIV don’t run WoW content? Makes sense.

Honestly I love all the cutscenes in FF14, but I really love the rpg aspects of mmorpgs. I moved over there from wow, and yes I do miss wow but I been in wow since 08, but im honestly having more fun than and deeply engrossed in the story. I also like how combat is dangerous and the dungeons is part of story, till you run that specific dungeon you cant even continue the storyline. Sure its not everyones cup of tea.

3 Likes

That happens in WoW.

Just to point put, Sylvanas has always been like that, the only difference is now she’s in the spotlight. Archimonde and kiljaeden were recruited by sargeras and shared his vision, and argus had literally just been “born” and was never “evil” per se. We killed him because the titans told us we needed to.

The level of insecurity in this topic is comically high.

3 Likes

Tried that game. I think i got like a couple hours in and i quit. Wasn’t my style of game or something

I would have to agree with you. Wait till you try the 8 man level 67 primal battle with Lady Lakshmi. If you try to “LFR” that, you will die from a big lady drinking up your life aether essence or wiping the group stacking about 2 - 4 player targeted AoEs on each other. This is also on the easiest difficulty for that encounter.

1 Like

People just love to hate WoW for some reason.

I don’t get it. I’m sure there’s some book waiting to be written by some psychologist that would describe the issue.

No. I don’t think making a compare/contrast is the same level of toxic behavior as responding “you want a cookie”. Toxic isn’t merely saying WoW could improve and I’m sure you know that.

Qualifying statement: the above doesn’t apply to Grumbles. He is actually trying to provide cookies.

1 Like

This is true, but saying you like some aspects about other games more isn’t hating. I love WoW, but it’s not perfect and could learn from other games.

3 Likes

Not in the way it does in FFXIV.

Dungeons (and other content like solo duties and trial bosses) actually become hard checkpoints for the progression of the MSQ; it acts as a game-long attunement questline, slowly unlocking the content for the entirety of the game.

Can’t complete the content?
You are well and truly STUCK… until you do the content.

Overgearing only goes so far, level sync is often in play, and so on. You can’t “skip” parts of questlines either; if you want to do O12, you need to do O1 through O11 first (though fortunately the raid questlines are all self-contained, even if it violates timelines a bit).

The good thing is that the game is structured in a way to allow players near-perpetual access to content, even from previous expansions; for example, 8-man raids and 24-man raids each have their own roulette queue with a daily bonus. There are incentives for even max level players (and not just leveling alt classes) to do the daily leveling roulette with tomestone rewards. There’s even extra tomestone bonuses for any time there’s a “new” player in the group, colloquially referred to as the “newbie bonus”; “newbie” being defined as any player who hasn’t cleared that specific piece of content yet, and the entire party benefiting from the bonus (extra tomestones/XP for everyone).

In any case, WoW is structured in a way that old content tends to become ABANDONED once it’s no longer the newest and greatest thing out there.

The irony is, simply because FFXIV doesn’t have a tendency to abandon old content, there pool of available content actually tends to feel bigger than that of WoW; even if WoW has heaps more content objectively speaking, the amount of relevant content is comically small in comparison.

5 Likes

With the advent of the Trust system in ShB this is much less of an issue. Don’t want to queue for your ShB msq dungeons (currently, I’m sure they’ll expand it to ALL msq dungeons)? Bring along some NPCs.

1 Like

On the flip side, you can’t get carried either because it’s all on you if you can’t go past a boss/mechanic (which shouldn’t be a problem, but it happens more than one might think).

Wow requires a mythic dungeon to finish the Jaina storyline. People whined.

FF14 does the same, and here you are posting how great it is.

A big part of wows problem IS the community, in that the ultracasual base of wow is also ultrawhiny and ultraentitled. Please enjoy FF14.

Care to elaborate or just wanted to leave a baseless insult without anything backing it up?

1 Like

Don’t care. It wasn’t the point.

Dungeons are required in WoW to push the storyline. Required.

That is my point.

1 Like

FFXIV doesn’t have mythic dungeon, and dungeon is required since level 15. People will either learn to get used to it or not, but they’ll reach that decision long before reaching end game content.

(That said, I finished Jaina’s storyline with heroic, not mythic. It may be some sort of weird time gating where you have to wait until you can complete the story with the easier difficulty.)

People didn’t whine that a dungeon was required, people whined because you couldn’t queue for it while it was Mythic only.

3 Likes

The players aren’t toxic. Not here and not in any of the other games.

Most people are good at heart. Most, everywhere. I know this for a fact.

1 Like