Moved over to FF14

Something I immediately noticed was the pacing of the story felt really smooth. It uses cutscenes better and the way the characters talk to the player as opposed to just using a long quest text felt more natural.

I also noticed the community is very eager to help new players. They have a mentor system and I had a friendly player who guided me through an important story line I wasn’t aware I needed for progression; and he even bought me a bunch of gear to get out of my starter rags. People in my free company (guild) and the novice network chat were also happy to answer questions and offer tips.

FF14 seems to be a lot more inviting for new players than WoW, both the world and the players in it.

52 Likes

Never could get in that game . I have been getting promotions and free trials all the time but nothing is clicking zzzzz

12 Likes

This is very true, anyone who has played couldn’t argue against this statement. The community of FFXIV is miles nicer than what we have here.

17 Likes

You looking for a cookie?

23 Likes

I signed up for it, got the free month and played for 4 days. I’m afraid nothing about it grabbed me. I found the professions unnecessarily complicated (I mean, having to change gear to farm something), things aren’t easy to figure out, the fighting style is clunky, the maps are confusing, I just found I was having so much difficulty figuring out how to do anything that I wasn’t actually having fun.

Yes, its pretty but then most Asian games are. Needs to be more than just pretty to keep me playing for 10 years, which is what WoW has done. And yes, the community seems reasonable and I don’t recall seeing any sort of toxic behaviour while I was on.

Sorry OP, if you enjoy it I wish you well. It just doesn’t do it for me.

10 Likes

I’ve never played FF14. Is it a killing game like this one, where we all play murderhobos?

1 Like

FFXIV is very good. Its a nice change of pace. I maxed out all the craft classes and made a fortune in gil :slight_smile: Crafting all day was actually great fun. I did also complete all extreme content before first xpac, was very good very hard tho. Ended up at ESO after a while, ESO is now my go to out of the top 3 mmos.

8 Likes

Nintendo switch is where it’s at.:muscle:

2 Likes

It’s visually good, but it makes me sleepy. Seriously, I actually get really sleepy playing it.

I don’t like how everything is behind a loading screen, the long winded quest dialogue, no real pvp, very few races to choose from, and the short supply of abilities.

I do like the player housing, I sorta like the graphics, and the music.

The quests are mostly the same as here, but there seem to be a lot more of kill x number of this and collect x number of that.

The players are friendly, which is nice as it reminds me of pre and early bc here. I can’t comment on people here now as I have only just returned and haven’t even found a guild yet.

WoW has the advantage, and appeals to me more. It doesn’t feel quite as boring, but that’s my perspective.

6 Likes

Don’t advertise FF14 here. We don’t need the toxic here to stain their community

21 Likes

Shame the entire story of a realm reborn is a slog that burns you out by the time the story starts getting interesting. Requiring to do story to unlock core features is an awful idea. Especially with the two level 50 dungeons that take over an hour together because you can’t skip the cutscenes anymore. Not to mention the over 100 required fetch quests in between arr and heavensward.

I actually tried the Pokemon Lets go Pikachu! game on my buddies…and now I want it for mine.

But im replaying BotW and FF7 and FF9 on mine…

That system is truly great fun.

I really wanted to love this game for the long,haul but I just can’t get into it long term, I’ve tried 3 or 4 times.

3 Likes

The roleplay community is total crap. Everyone is a Sepiroth, Noctis or Lightning Mary Sue. Bleaugh.

1 Like

I didn’t care for the game play, I really tried because some of my friends went to it. I played for about a week and said yeah sorry guys, not my thing. They got bored about a week later themselves. Beautiful game though.

1 Like

Aside from needing to have a five-minute cutscene every time my guy blinks, I’ve been having a good time on FFXIV. Love the class/job system, and it’s nice to be able to log in and play rather than stand around waiting for timers.

2 Likes

I have an older computer, WoW says my computer is out of date, but it still runs smoothly. Would I still be able to run FF14 smoothly enough to enjoy myself?

Oh you can advertise it all you want. Just do it under the right subforum. Where there are already multiple FFXIV threads.

That being said, the mentor system in FFXIV is a joke. People do it for the crown, and are often still unhelpful and not good at the game. To such a degree many people take the crown off because they don’t want to be associated with it.

1 Like

It’s a shame you have to, play the game? I mean, they dont have a stopwatch requiring you to finish it in any sort of time do they?

You got me there, I forgot that almost 100 required filler quests are fun to play through any time you want a new alt.

1 Like