Mouse Scroll-Wheel Not Responding

As the title says, this issue is about the Mouse Wheel and it losing response since 9.0 dropped.

I am now unable to get any reaction from my mouse wheel, be it scrolling up, or down aslong as my cursor is over an action bar or button of any kind.

I am now frozen at a camera distance until I actively move my cursor from these buttons to open screen to regain the ability to scroll once more.

I have disabled all addons and tried this, able to repeat it even with the basic WoW interface, and have seen multiple posts such as my own of others having this same issue.

Blizzard, please respond.

5 Likes

Same issue here. This has been a problem since prepatch launched.

3 Likes

Already a response here

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mouse-scroll-wheel-issues-since-901/682975/17?u=zungar-silver-hand

That response was to me. Hasn’t led to any progress on a fix though. Playstation 5 arrives in 11 days though so I’ve given up and threw in the towel How a Dev Choice Alienated my Disability

2 Likes

Ok, Nsk over in general chat finally.gave me a solution/work around that works for every mouse. I am currently wheel scrolling target next enemy while curser is over UI. It was suggested to try the app “x-mouse control”. I happen to use change wheel up to control X and wheel down to control C (copy/paste keys basically) then ingame setting the keybinds as such. It works and it 1st time since pre-launch that targetting feels normal. Best of luck to you. Thank You Nsk!!!

Bug fix with Nov 17 blizzard update thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like