Mouse scroll wheel issues since 9.0.1

Mouse scroll wheel also does not function while hovering action bars for me. I specifically bind mine for the Target Nearest Enemy and Target Previous Enemy functions.

My mouse is a Logitech G305, though I have had guild mates test this with a variety of other brands to the same effect.

3 Likes

Scroll wheel is also broken for me when hovering over any action bar.

2 Likes

Having the same issue with mouse scroll not working when hovering over my ability’s. I’ve Tried two Different mouses both are nothing special one was brand new out of a box. Uninstalled the game twice moved it off my SSD to my main drive aswell as deleted all my addons and it still Doesn’t work. Tried playing Classic wow and everything seems to be working fine. So its defiantly something to do with prepatch

2 Likes

Ok, Nsk over in general chat finally.gave me a solution/work around that works for every mouse. I am currently wheel scrolling target next enemy while curser is over UI. It was suggested to try the app “x-mouse control”. I happen to use change wheel up to control X and wheel down to control C (copy/paste keys basically) then ingame setting the keybinds as such. It works and it 1st time since pre-launch that targetting feels normal. Best of luck to you. Thank You Nsk!!!

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know, Ursaleena. Only problem is now all scrolling is disabled in game for me. Chat window, pet/mount journal, adventure guide, etc. Don’t suppose you know how I can get around this?

Or better yet, maybe Blizzard would just like to fix whatever the problem is so we don’t have to go and download all sorts of addons or apps to get around a bug that hinders our gameplay?

1 Like

Yes you are correct, it does screw with other scroll features in game. Like Ah,chat,pet tabs, mount tabs. I found that the right hand keyboard up down keys still scroll that stuff fairly easy. I found the adjustment alot easier to adapt to considering none involves being in combat in the moment. I found the trade off to be better for now until original problem is fixxed. If you dont feel the same I’m sorry my suggestion of that app isnt working out for you

Not at all, I really appreciate the suggestion, thank you. Was just wondering if you might have had a solution to the scrolling being affected.

1 Like

Hey all,

Just an update on this. The mouse wheel not working to cast abilities while hovering over a spell icon is being investigated as a bug. We do not have any ETA for when this will be fixed but when it happens it will be via game update. So no further action is needed.

Thank you for working with us on this and for your patience in these matters. Cheers!

3 Likes

Ty for the confirmation

Thank you for the update!

If you’re looking for a more descriptive post about the problem, you might want to look here. The issue occurs when the mouse is hovering over any “filled” button on the action bar, the class hall button/icon, and the mini-bar buttons as well. Basically any filled in part of the base UI is breaking mousewheel binds entirely. This breaks the game severely for clickers like myself that use the mouse wheel for things like targeting.

Edit: By “filled” I mean just that. Put a spell/ability bind on an action bar button and leave the button space next to it blank. Assign target next/nearest enemy to the mouse wheel and hover over the action bar button that is filled in with your ability bind. It won’t work. Move the cursor over the “blank” (unfilled) action bar button and it suddenly works. Unit frames are also broken in the same way, preventing mousewheel binds from working.

1 Like

I am having this same issue and same circumstances.

If I have my mouse cursor hovering over any spell that I have posted on my action bars I will have no response from my mouse buttons aside from the left click. This leaves my RIGHT click, Mouse Wheel scrolling either direction, and clicking on the wheel as the Mouse Button 3 totally useless.

I can’t even click both left and right mouse buttons to activate forward movement so I can turn my character about, nothing aslong as the cursor rests on a posted spell on my action bars in any place/slot

This initial problem was fixed on Nov 17th blizzard update. Tyvm accessibility#blizzard.com for email responses. Said bug would be fixed 9.0.2 and it was. Thumbs up wow team. Happy scrolling

1 Like