Mouse Right click move / Left click camera look not working

I’ve had this for a while and its unbearable. Keep pushing for answers! I feel like this has to be something on their side.

1 Like

Update: As of now, I’m somehow not having issues due to (I think) purchasing yet another mouse. My OG mouse was a Logitech G502 Hero. Which I then replaced because I figured the problem was my mouse (it was getting old’ish). I simply replaced it with another G502 Hero. Still had issues. I’m now using a G502 Lightspeed. It’s literally the same mouse, but wireless. Fingers crossed, but atm, all is well… Maybe it is somehow driver related? But I have seen others with Corsair/Razer mice with the same problem, so I don’t know. And I also don’t know why the only time I had problems with right click was in WoW. Will keep ya’ll posted. Good luck ya’ll.

I’ve had the problem myself for about 2 days. I think I found the problem, at least for me that is. I went to interface/Names, under “Unit Nameplates” I unchecked “Personal Resource Display.”

I think the problem was the that it was showing the characters health/resource bar under my character and it was preventing me from moving my character sometimes because that’s where I usually click around to move. Maybe this will help you guys too.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. It’s absolutely infuriating. I’ve gone down every avenue the majority of you have too. Removed mouse software, disabled settings in windows, full screen optimization, removed addons, clean windows, clean wow, WTF folders, all that nonsense. Nothing fixes it. Seems worse in combat for me. The second combat starts, I basically have no right click to move/turn. Comes back randomly as I hold the button down, seems to get better as the M+ or raid goes on. Making me absolutely insane, this needs to be addressed, it has to be a WoW issue. I have no similar problems in any other game I play.

1 Like
/console rawMouseEnable 1

Still an issue for me as well. Just posted on this on another thread about the same thing a couple of days ago, found this one looking for that one. I wish we could get a response on this. Its one of those things you don’t think about (right click camera control), until you DON’T have control over it, and then it’s crippling for gameplay.

Still nothing awesome.

3 separate threads on this issue, this old, on the same thing, on the first page… C’mon Blizz.

I’m not Blizzard, but since this problem isn’t affecting all players, they may not have a default answer. I’m not having this problem, so I’m wondering if it might be limited to a specific mouse or software. I’m using two different SteelSeries mice when playing, depending on my location. What mouse is everyone using?

Also, just to double check the common solutions for this:

• Make sure the desktop resolution and in-game resolution are the same.
  • Try using the /console rawMouseEnable 1 command.

rawMouseEnable changes nothing, disabling addons changes nothing, removing synapse (razer) changes nothing, changing mice changes nothing. Just reinstalled windows/wow and it changed nothing. Used moveanything to find any frame that is near the center of my screen and moved them all away, and it changed nothing. When it happens, I’ve tried clicking in different areas of the screen to see if its frame related, I can replicate it in pretty well every portion of my screen. It’s a wow issue, and it’s absolutely infuriating. Seems to be the worst in a party/raid at the beginning of an encounter/M+. Happens almost like clockwork.

1 Like

I don’t think people understand how bad it is. It fluctuates, it’s really annoying at the least and literally unplayable at the worst. It’s 100% an issue on blizzards end, which has been established in the no less than 4 threads currently active about this. I can’t play the game right now, which for the only game I still subscribe monthly to, is unacceptable to me. However I don’t have a choice other than watch the forums and hope something is done about it.

Just wanted to note that disabling addons doesn’t prevent them from loading (only their visual components). Renaming that directory will, though.

If that were the case, it seems more/all players would be seeing this happen. I think they test the game with the most popular mouse models anyway, so we’d likely see more than a handful of threads on the topic.

Has anyone tried another mouse, just as a troubleshooting measure?

I tried to replicate the behavior in game, but it never happened for me.

I have tried a secondary mouse also. I am currently redownloading the game after full uninstall and will run with no addons existing.

Yes I tried 3 different mice, completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling with no addons, disabling my secondary monitors, most if not all of the Windows mouse settings possible solutions. The problem persists through all of that, and DOES NOT happen outside of this game. I can’t replicate this problem anywhere but this game. Tell me how it’s not the case this is on Blizzards end after all that? What else can I possibly do?

I should add this problem started for me immediately after the last maintenance and has remained since.

Yep I tried the fresh install with no addons and it still happened. It seems to me it has something to do with the pressing of both mouse buttons while doing rotational abilities. I sometimes get seemingly locked into a direction and cant stop running in that direction. Think I’m going to shelf the game this is just stupid.

The only other thing I can guess is causing this is another third-party app interacting with WoW when it’s open, but doesn’t interact the same way or at all with the desktop. Your resolution in game, on the desktop, and in your GPU panel settings are all the same, right?

I actually seemed to have solved this, and I apologize for my frustration on the last post. This issue was extremely irritating, and I thought I’d tried everything I could on my end. I tried this from another thread, not sure how I missed it the first time, but I think it worked. Just played for a few hours with no issues. GL to the others still dealing with this if what I did doesn’t/didn’t work for them.

In Windows 10
Navigate to the main Wow folder
Down near the bottom of the list is the Wow icon (W) icon
Right click on the Wow icon
Select “Properties” at bottom of list
Then select “Compatibility” tab along top of next pane
At the bottom of that select (check) “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”

Thanks for reporting back. I get it, this was frustrating. That setting is related to your resolution, so I get why the staff kept recommending checking that.

I’ve tried all of the suggestions solutions, none work for me.

Odd thing: yesterday & the day before, the mouse worked flawlessly. Seriously, hours of play, and no right button navigation issues. Log in this morning, head to Darkshore to earn some 7th Legion coins, and the right button issue is so bad that it’s practically unplayable. Seriously, worst it’s ever been for me.

Nothing changed on my end. Absolutely nothing. Yesterday & the day before it inexplicably worked fine for the first time in weeks, today… broken again.

I just joined the club :slight_smile: literally going insane with simple mechanics from PVE content becoming impossible to do. As a tank, this causes abrupt wipes in raid attempts