Mouse Right click move / Left click camera look not working

I have deleted and reinstalled Retail WOW. No addons, followed scan and repair instructions from newly installed game. Problem still persists. Cannot right click hold to turn nor left click hold to camera look. Mouse X-Y axis directions while holding left and right mouse buttons will not move character / camera. Please fix this issue in the next update!! Pre-9.01 patched worked just fine.

6 Likes

I am having the same issue with left click and right click buttons on my mouse, scrolling over enemies, and the camera not working. I bought a new mouse the day before pre-patch and was about to RMA the thing. I plugged in my old mouse and it had the same issues.

The funny thing is I logged into the BETA and had zero issues playing with either mouse. The left, and right click mouse buttons, and the camera functionality related to the mouse worked perfectly. I could hover over characters and it worked perfectly in Beta.

It appears the game is broken in this regard.

3 Likes

I am having a very similar issue in game with my mouse as well.

1 Like

Same here…I have tried everything I can think of.

Disabling Addons
Disabling all UI overlays
Ran repair on WoW
Plugged in another mouse (Brand new one) - Same issue
Updated all mouse software and firmware

This recently started happening yesterday.

1 Like

Its not your addons, it’s not your overlays, you can go through their entire spread of troubleshooting and you’re not going to fix it.

It has to do with your right click interacting with even the built in UI elements.

Try this to replicate the issue, in the game type /fstack

Now look where your UI elements for your character procs and what not are. Now right click on either side of one of those UI elements and drag your mouse in the direction of the element. Eventually your hidden cursor hits that element and then it registers as a right click on that element (even if it’s not one you click on like character proc notifications) and you stop turning.

I’ve had this problem across 2 completely separate computers, no addons installed, deleted caches, raw mouse input ect ect.

The issue is with WoW itself.

3 Likes

^This!
For me it is often when right-click holding to move the camera when I need to get out of some negative effect on the ground and when it doesn’t move, usually ends with my character dead.

I can however, replicate this outside of combat and the /fstack does show that random elements are getting highlighted when moving the mouse around during camera rotation. It is not the same element every time, but different elements at different times; it just depends on when the rotation function decides to allow interference.
Frankly, camera rotation should always have the highest priority when it comes to interrupts\interaction detection, but this doesn’t seem to be the case and it is susceptible to interrupts from other UI elements or it is possibly something from outside the game window which takes the control away for micro-seconds and then places it back into the window, but by then, the camera control is lost.

1 Like

I am seeing this as well. Its random, in and outside of combat. Did not have any addons loaded.

1 Like

Its funny because left click camera rotation does not seem to be interrupted at all. But if you hold down left and RMB to run and move the camera around your character stops running once the frame interruption occurs (Since essentially it belives RMB is no longer being held down).

I’m noticing the same thing: Left mouse rotation is fine, but right sucks so bad.
It is so bad now that I have resorted to using an addon called MouselookHandler and modified it so that it has mouse look on by default when moving as well as a hotkey set it so that it stays on all the time and then hitting the hotkey to toggle it off when I need to interact with something on the screen.

I tried finding something that would record all mouse calls and dump it to a log, but can’t find anything that will do that. If we could get a complete log of all calls to the mouse, it may help in identifying the issue.

I may get desperate enough to sit and learn LUA and write my own addon if the mouse system is exposed via an API.

1 Like

I just started getting this after a video in Arden Weald.

Spoiler! - Tried to summarize it best I could with no spoilers - cant figure out how to hide text, been to long.
Vid was a battle scenario for the mystery character inside the egg.

Having the same problem, this has always been a bug.

any solutions to this folks?

does the addon mouselookhandler work well?

I notice something similar with spastic clicking when i hold down my right mouse button. Now then, i have a razer naga mouse and also use Synapse. I noticed when i close Synapse, that it’s not AS bad, but still there where when i start moving and pressing buttons, its like it doesnt “stick” holding down my right mouse button.

but if i can use something like this addon then i might not have to worry about getting another mouse just yet.

This has been an issue for years, i have tried every single fix i can find on the forums or reddit. nothing has worked, ive used 2 different mice, fresh installed the game, tried without addons, etc, etc ,etc. This thread will either die or a blue will respond with some useless response like “its just a hardware issue” or “turn your addons off”

i reckon it will. every time it’s brought up, the thread goes cold with no fix. or that there is a fix that’s very slightly temporary. it seems the game just suffers from sticking the mouse. i downloaded the above addon but havent really messed with it yet. and blues are VERY few and far between, i cant understand why they’re so silent these days.

Wild how there’s no response to this yet. 4+ threads up about it. It’s a major problem in instanced content (RBGs, Arena, Dungeons, etc.)

I thought I was losing my mind. Fresh install, no addons, intermittently just won’t move at all or will stutter-step for a few seconds before the game decides I have both mouse buttons down. For the love of Pete, will someone address this?

Week 3/4 of issue, still no fix. Wild how not even a “we’re aware of the problem” post but people complaining about instance locks get a reply in 37.5 seconds.

is there going to be a fix anytime soon this is driving me insane

Same. I am absolutely at a loss. I’ve been googling incessantly the last couple days. I opened a ticket, and they gave me the same generic stuff they always do. Disable overlays, disable/remove WTF/Interface/Cache folders, etc. I’ve tried raw mouse input, disabling Windows fullscreen optimization, replacing my mouse, disabling FPS limiters, uninstalling and deleting everything WoW on PC and reinstalling clean, etc. At this point, I’m about to just uninstall WoW for good and go back to FFXIV. At least I can turn with my mouse there.

1 Like