Mouse Response Mid Screen

I thought this was just me, I also have the same issue, fixed briefly by reloading ui but otherwise persists

Hey, everyone!

I am curious which Hotbar addons everyone uses that is experiencing this issue. If you are having the issue, please post that info here.

Thanks!

1 Like

Having the same issue, mouse randomly not working. I have been playing w/ only updated addons as well as with no addons and still nothing. Have tried several different mice and they all have the same issue. Goes out almost immediately during 3’s games.

2 Likes

I had the same problem about a week ago, haven’t had it since. It was during RBG’s when I was healing, and it actually caused a loss to the game because of me dying when I was spinning Blacksmith. This only started occurring when I made myself a weakaura template for my major spells, spanning across all 3 specs.

1 Like

Hi

I had exactly the same problem. I’m guessing you’re using Elvui?

After a lot of playing around - it turns out it only happens after you’ve seen the loot window - Then the whole central area becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks.

If you toggle the Elvui anchors and move the [Loot / Alert Frames (grow down)] box, The problems moves

So until Elvui fixes the the issue - move this window off to the side so it doesn’t impact play.

3 Likes

I’m using Dominos

I get the same issue even with my addons off

4 Likes

Looks like the ELVUI team have fixed it

• Fixed an issue which caused invisible GroupLootContainer frame to intercept mouse clicks. (#824)

elvui wasn’t causing this, even with no add ons and a fresh reinstall the issue is still there, it’s almost instant if you enter an arena.

1 Like

i have the same issue, since legion -_-

this is a problem NEED IT FIXED ASAP!

this config solves the problem, but, the speed of rotation will be very sensitive.

There is a config CVar “rawMouseEnable” we could test here.
To check if it’s enabled type this into a chat box:

/script print(GetCVar(“rawMouseEnable”))

This will show a single 0 if off or a 1 if on.

Now to enable it use:

/script SetCVar(“rawMouseEnable”, 1);

To double check that the script worked go to the Wow folder > WTF - look for the Config file. Open with notepad. This should be at the bottom of CVar list:

SET rawMouseEnable “1”

Been having same issue few days thought my mouse died so went and bought a new one :/, and still happens with no addons

1 Like

same issue here…tried EVERYTHING possible and can get my camera to move at random if I spam like the poster who shared their video…

disabled all add-on’s and never used ELVUI either…all drivers up to date, brand new copy of windows 10, etc.

I have found something that worked for like 30 seconds which was going into the battle.net app and clicking Blizzard - Settings - General - scroll to bottom of screen and un-checking the setting “use browser hardware acceleration where available” but doesnt seem to last that long before I need to do a /reload

Can we get a fix here plz!?!

Hey all,

For the players still having the same problem as the OP, most if not all of you seem to be mentioning that you’re playing with addons disabled rather than a fully reset UI. Unfortunately many addons are still partially loaded in a phantom state when they’re disabled, and just disabling addons doesn’t fix cache corruption. There are also a couple addons which have made updates since this thread was started. Those of you still having issues may not be getting the right updates.

First up, just check all your addons for updates. If there are any, update them and retest! If it fails after this, disable your addons. If this works, we know it’s an addon. Re enable them one by one until you find the culprit, then reinstall that addon.

Still having problems? In that case we need to do a complete UI reset and rebuild everything from scratch. To do this, uninstall any addon managers (Twitch, Wowmatrix, Tukui Client, etc) thenreset your UI. If you don’t uninstall addon managers first, it’ll break the UI reset process and we’ll be back at square one.

Now retest. It should work now, but if not, type this command into chat and press enter. It’ll give you an error, but should still do what it’s supposed to do.

/console cvar_default

Now that this is done everything should be fixed. For now, don’t reinstall twitch. Instead, you want to manually install the most up to date versions of your addons. Do this one by one and if one breaks it again, reach out to the addon developer to let them know about the problem so they can fix it. After all this is done you should be safe to reinstall your addon managers.

i will retry and report back! this has been the biggest issue with wow ive ever had

Just tried all of that. still broken cannnot move MY CAMERA WITH MY RIGHT CLICK. I cannot MOVE my CAMERA with my RIGHT CLICK all ADDONS disabled ALL EVERYTHING DISSABLED fresh ui

this is not working. you guys say the same thing everytime. i get false hope and try it and its still broken. never had a problem since 8.1 FIX UR GAME

Can y’all run /fstack in chat then hover over the problem area where the mouse stops responding? Please report if there’s a specific frame being reported there.

1 Like

It seems atleast one of the issues causing this is zoning out of an instance (or into one) with the bonus roll window up. I’m not sure if there is anything else causing this but it seems thats the main contender.

1 Like