Mouse ghosting on me?

My mouse seems to have gone haywire with the new patch. It pauses, I lose my pointer, I can’t click on or off things or loot. I can’t click any of my abilities and then it works for a few moments and then back to being batty. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as this is the first time I have ever had this happen with any new content or game.

1 Like

your mouse only likes you as a friend.

5 Likes

First, this sounds like a customer support problem you would probably get a better answer in those forums.

Second, everytime I have heard people mention this problem its being caused by an addon.

1 Like

Ill try turning them off and see if that doesn’t fix the problem. Thank you.

This post sounds similar to your description but there are a ton of threads on the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks again for the info. I rarely get on forums and this is the first time I have actually post a topic. I just didn’t know where to ask.

Check and see if it’s just a specific area of your screen you can’t click on. I had a problem after patch where there was a big box-shaped dead zone on my screen where I couldn’t right or left click anything, and had to click the edges of my screen to move character and camera.

Turns out it was an addon issue, where the config window of elvui was ‘ghosted’ onto my screen. No window visible, but mouse acted as if there was a window taking up most of my screen.

I ended up doing a full UI reset, and even took the opportunity to fully rebuild my UI (I usually do a full redesign for every xpac anyways), and that fixed it right up. No probs since.

If it’s not just a section of your screen, and your mouse if just straight cutting out periodically, then I have no idea. Never encountered that before.

1 Like

Ill look into that. I can use my mouse ok then it just stops work no matter where I click. Its almost like a lag in the mouse function itself. Thank you for the info.

a guildy of mine was having mouse issues as well. i think he said he turned off titan panel addon (don’t remember exactly) and that fixed the issue.

it may be UI addons causing this, though i have no source that says so. just my assumption based on the limited knowledge i have. i don’t use many UI addons (just one to increase text size across the board because im severely visually impaired). i’m fine with blizzards standard ui, so i have not experienced this myself in live.

in prepatch, i did experience mouse jumping and FPS stuttering, but i was also behind on updating my drivers. once i did, the issue was resolved.

so try updating drivers, and if they are already up to date, disable add ons and turn them back on one by one to see whats causing the issue. don’t forget, it could be more than one add on, or a combination of addons reacting negatively with one another, causing the issue.

1 Like

Thank everyone for trying to help. I found out what it was. My atlas loot was causing a clash. I uninstalled it and now my ui and mouse works again.

Yep. Known issue.

Which is just… really?

I have numerous out-of-date addons which add constantly displayed objects to the screen (SexyMap, SeamoreSpheres, Titan Panel) and a problem of this nature and magnitude was the off-screen, menu controlled loot guide?

I’ve heard Blizzard’s implementation of Lua is something of a disaster, and with issues like this, I believe it.