Mouse clicking not registering in patch 9.0.1

How are you still level 120?!

1 Like

Also having this issue, multiple mice don’t work, resetting UI didn’t work, resetting keybinds didn’t work. Must be a glitch in the scripting somewhere.

3 Likes

Reset to default bindings. Uninstalled mouse software and reinstalled. Mouse works in all other games and applications so its isolated to wow. But specifically inside the game on my character. Character creation and selection everything works as intended.

4 Likes

I was having the same issue and fixed it by disabling all my atlas loot addons.

21 Likes

I’ll try disabling all addons that may be a issue.

Disabling all addons worked for me. So on my issue its addon side not Blizzards. Now I just need to figure out which one.

3 Likes

I’ve found that my mouse ONLY works, if the cursor is near the edge of the screen. I can move with it and use the buttons on it, but if i move the cursor anywhere near the middle, not only does it stop working, but the gear icon to click doesnt appear either

4 Likes

can’t even disable addons either since from the wow login screen it just doesnt show for me.

needs a fix asap, game is unplayable without mouse.

My mouse works sometimes. I use it to move a lot by holding both left and right buttons. I have click to move turned on but it only works sometimes. I can’t move by holding both mouse buttons. Same mouse and PC I had yesterday and it all worked great. I have to think it’s a patch issue. been playing and moving with mouse like this for years. I basically look drunk in Stormwind with it responding sometimes and not others. Also randomly non-responsive click-casting spells. YES I still click cast some spells like PW Fort. The game is almost unplayable like this.

This fixed it for me. Disable atlasloot

18 Likes

I am having the same issue as the rest. Only near the edges will the mouse work. Also my Razer nagas mouse button 4 and 5 do not work in the same places that the right and left mouse clicking does not work. Disabling addons resetting UI did nothing to change that.

1 Like

Ok, so I reset the key bindings and I logged out. Then I reset the UI and restarted my PC, also I noticed when I went to reset my UI that there were folders there from the last UI reset I did so I made sure to delete those. I also didn’t reinstall my addons and the mouse issue was fixed.

Edit: I’ve since done a fresh addon reinstall except for Skada and Atlasloot and it seems fine. I excluded those two addons from what other posters mentioned. I hope this is helpful for someone!

Thanks blues for helping us figure these nasty bugs out <3

It’ll be back. No addons at all, reset ui and deleted all my cache folders.

Hovering on things DO work it’s just the mouse not showing AT all on the screen from login point into game.

Disabling AtlasLoot worked for me as well.

2 Likes

Disabling AtlasLook worked for me…until I exited and returned. Then I was back to the same issue again.

Dropping from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11 has worked for me though through multiple login/logout and exiting/re-launching the game. YMMV.

3 Likes

Having the same problems, addons disabled etc.
At first it appeared as every mouse button was bound as Mouse 1. Keybinds for mouse 4 / 5 didnt work, but if i hovered over a button on action bars, Mouse 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all activated the ability. Couldnt use mouse 2 to turn my camera either.

Logged out and back in several times, now the buttons all work, except mouse 2 only works correctly when i hover over a unit or entity, right click, then it lets me turn my camera. If i hover over the ground, right click and try to turn my camera nothing happens

weird thing but closed my game 2-3 times and now it shows for whatever reason…

:man_shrugging:

it’s working now for me, addons off and things now I have to hope the creator of classic ui updates it :pensive:

Disabled all addons and now no mouse problems!

This fixed it for me. I had both of those outdated addons enabled, and mouse action was being blocked. Disable those (plus a bunch of others that I knew were also broken), and I can control my character with my mouse again.

4 Likes

Disabling Atlasloot Fixed the problem for me

2 Likes