[Mounts/Pets] Adding event items to vendors - extra bad luck protection

With the Hallow’s End event coming to a close, I’d like to discuss bad luck protection and perhaps adding items to a vendor to help.

First off, love the addition of new items to the seasonal events to keep us captivated and continuously queueing to the dungeon to get our desired item or grinding out daily tokens to buy a new pet/toy/appearance.

Might I suggest we add items to the holiday vendors to help with some bad luck protection? I have some friends who still do not have the Headless Horseman’s mount, Arfus (which cannot be caged/sold), or the mount skin. We have less than a day left of this event and it’s pretty disappointing for those who wanted the aforementioned items and have to wait another year to attempt it again (and possibly be disappointed).

What would the harm be in adding those items to the vendor? We already have several toys and pets (and a new transmog) added to the vendor. I believe that these holiday drops should also be added to the vendor. The Headless Horseman’s Reins could be placed on the vendor for 275 or 300 candies (which you could get by doing all the candy buckets, doing dailies, etc), Arfus for 200 or so as well as the dragonriding skin for a similar price.

By placing these items on a vendor, people would still be able to try their luck with the daily dungeon (aka increased chance the first attempt of the day and nearly non-existent chance on the remainders) but they also wouldn’t be weighed down by a sense of dread that they won’t get the items yet again for the holiday event. People could do both the dungeon as well as the holiday activities of farming out or collecting currency through dailies.

I hope this is something that is considered for future events/holidays that have a dungeon-only mount/pet/saddle drop. Thank you.

8 Likes

Then what is the point of having it drop from the dungeon? I was really scared I wouldn’t get Arfus. … but I kept going on several alts daily and he did drop for me a couple of days ago, and it wasn’t the first run and that alt had no curses. The holiday mounts are literally the incentive to run the dungeon. I wasn’t even running it for years since I had the mount, but adding a few new items got me back in there to try my luck.

If you just add them to the vendor, there isn’t much reason to do the event dungeon at all, just candy buckets and dailies on one or two toons to collect currency. I know if they were a vendor item, I would not be spending time running the dungeon on a chance of it dropping, I’d be farming up the currency to just purchase it.

I’ve seen more people report getting the mount this year than I’ve ever seen in previous years. I got it a very long time ago, but I still don’t have the Love is in the air mount and I’m not pressed about it, over a decade of trying, just isn’t my turn yet.

It’s something you try for, some will get it, some won’t in any given year. I’d rather go the route of if it drops for someone who already has it, they can sell it on the AH or give it away, that would put more out there. As someone who has had to destroy a couple over the years, it’s a sad feeling.

If you go the route of just putting them on a vendor, then why not all dungeon/raid/rare drop mounts? It’s arguably even worse to farm something year round for a decade and still not have it.

Basically, you can grind for it, which would take quite a bit of time, or you skip that route and have it drop.

7 Likes

Because you can still get it from the dungeon, but this gives a lifeline for people who have been trying from something since 2008 with no luck yet. :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes