Mountain Thane looks terrible

What terrible opinions. Hero talent looks great for warrior theme.

Thunderclap will probably only act as a replacement for whirlwind for those who choose the mountain thane tree

1 Like

It says Stormstrike damage.
It’s a combined damage type, like Shadowflame or Frostfire.

Thanes. Thor
I think both those are warriors. Oh no you use lightening.
A paldin is a warrior with power of smite.

I don’t know, maybe they didn’t nail it with the abilities but… it’s essentially Thor… and I can totally dig that.

1 Like

As an aside, you guys know there is an existing Feedback thread for it, right? It’d be more practical to post where we KNOW they at least say they’re looking as opposed to making this.

Just a mild PSA.

1 Like

Disagree tclapping thunder is dope!

3 Likes

What a terrible opinion. Hero talent looks horrible for warrior theme…

I love Mountain Thane as long as Slayer has absolutely nothing to do with anything lightning related. The Mountain King from WC3 is iconic and Thor the God of Thunder is also a huge source of inspiration for many Warriors. See character name.

However, Slayer needs to be different. It should completely drop Thunder Clap and place way more emphasis on Whirlwind and Bladestorm. Slayer is probably going to be the closest we get to Blademaster.

I also wish the name wasn’t Slayer. I’m assuming it’s Warhammer Slayer inspired, but that isn’t ideal because first off, it’s another theme based on Dwarves and second it’s just not that well known of a theme and isn’t very exciting. They definitely should have gone with Berserker or Gladiator. Just as cool and, especially Gladiator, would be a closer match for Warcraft.

Then dont use it because Mountain Thane is a big part of the warrior.

You dont use Intervene on prot?

Its from WC, its a hero unit that was seen as the Hero Killer, it was DW, and they are the mightiest Dwarven Warriors. Fury fits it more than arms does.

Stormbolt is from Warcraft, as is Thunder Clap and Thunder Clap goes way back in WoW and has lightning associated with it. The animation was “updated” and the lightning taken out for some reason and added to a glyph. You have it backwards, lightning was there longer than it wasnt, its just being embraced way too late.

6 Likes

Man, i think it sounds awesome. Maybe mountain thane will be the thunder god I’ve wanted since they keep screwing with enhancement

2 Likes

to be fair it doesnt look like they are adding thunderclap, more like replacing wirlwind with thunderclap in your rotation for asthetic purposes to make it git the rest of mountain thane

I don’t know how people keep missing this, cause this is exactly how to reads imo. Thunderclap is replacing whirlwind as our cleave so now we can ground-stomp-lightning instead of being a death-dreidel and keep the Mountain Thane lightning theme. Sounds awesome to me, excited to see what Slayer is

3 Likes

whoever the dev is that included fury instead of arms in mountain thane needs a new job somewhere less impactful.

The Mountain Thane hero class is literally referring to a typically tatted-up, dual-wielding dwarven berserker too angry to die before having finished his work, though?

Are we just… suddenly completely unfamiliar with the notable heroes on which the Hero class is based now? Despite their being notable since WC2 lore? And one of the main characters in WC3?

4 Likes

People were never familiar to the lore, look at DKs. Its embarrassing how little they know while they say stuff with absolute confidence.

1 Like

if Mountain Thane allows prot warriors to perform DPS akin to gladiator stance, I’m for it.

If not? What was even the point of these Hero specs honestly. They’re just… more of the same but with a slightly different appearance.

Well enhancement shaman is very squishy so ill happily play my gral pirate warrior has a shamanistic warrior of the storm thank you very much

I think I am going to say that my Night Elf Warrior is wearing a belt made of a Chillwind Chimaera to explain his newfound lightning abilities.

I think the theme looks awesome!

It’s totally thematic and is from the dwarf in Wc3