Mount equipment is the portal room all over again

What did water walking not mesh with that will be addressed by repackaging the exact same mechanic with a different means of accessing it?

2 Likes

Omg these forums are so toxic. Litterally find any little thing to complain about

1 Like

Why are you complaining about customer feedback? Talk about toxic.

7 Likes

The only confirmation I’ve seen is that only 100+ can obtain it. I haven’t looked further into it, but I expect similar to my battle-pets team that the equipment on a mount will be the same when I log into in alt.

That said, even if that isn’t true, it’s still okay and not worth complaining about. The point was to not have water-walking be mixed with the crafted buffs to prevent dazing or allow herbing/mining. They want you to pick one buff at a time. That’s the mechanical change that has arisen from mixing old things with the new.

Everyone is arguing about water striders being “special”, but when was the last time we used our Sea Turtle from WotLK?
Use that for swimming. Since the strider essentially made the turtle obsolete, it will now have a place again.

Judging from what I read in their post, they don’t know either.

1 Like

I don’t have a strider mount still.

Different means of accessing?
You mean instead of going to buy a mount from a vendor you now have to go to buy an item from… the exact same vendor?

That’s not up to you? It’s one thing to disagree with other paying customers, but you have no say in what their personal feedback should contain.

3 Likes

“it’s still okay and not worth complaining about”, to you. To others this may be a big deal.

2 Likes

There is a solution to that. I have never needed barding or waterwalking for instance.

I think at least a dozen of you are arguing based solely on what you’ve read from others…
At this point I feel like you’re complaining just to complain.
Go fish up a sea turtle, he’s cute. You’ll all be okay.

1 Like

I don’t see why they need to remove it from sub 100 toons. I mean the only time we use water walking pre 100 is going to be from 1 to 60 anyways. Well I guess its going to suck for players who don’t have pathfinder for WOD or Legion. This would be a good time to drop pathfinder as a flight requirement for WOD and Legion.

2 Likes

I’m arguing that I shouldn’t have to go out of my way, to rebuy something I had, so it can be rebalanced around something I don’t intend to do.

3 Likes

They wouldn’t have the situation where people were using the “Water strider” too much, if they would stop being jerks about flying in the first place.
ALL of these STUPID changes are a direct result of Blizzard being jerks about flying in the first place.
If we could fly at max level like we used to - none of this would be an issue in the first place.

Blizzard created a problem, blamed us for using alternatives - complaining about flying…
NOW years later flying still is a problem, and we have worked around things like Daze and Water walking - and here with this equipment slot …
They blame us again.
So … Now you can do one or the other - not both.
Complete garbage.
No wonder people have left the game in droves.
Nothing that has come out of this design team is any good, it all sucks - and sucks terribly.

6 Likes

Oh noes! Hey I also worked for my Legion gear but it was all replaced by BFA gear! But I worked for that gear so totally not fair!

Hahaha welcome to MMORPGs kiddo.

what the hell is up with people on these forums having a mouse in their pocket and speaking for others. Christ almighty, it seems to be such an issue some people have.

If I don’t like something I don’t need someone else to tell me why my view on the topic doesn’t matter, or that I’m wrong for having my own opinion on how I feel.

I speak for myself, I don’ t need to incorporate others into how I feel. I don’t like the change I’ve read, and heard on YouTube. I await further information.

4 Likes

Yes, a different means of accessing it. They’ve conjured a “mount ability system” with its own menus and whatnot and different means of acquiring the buffs that used to just come with the mount. It’s not “hop on your mount and just go.”

Again, what new mechanic did waterwalking not mesh well with as it was? And how is the situation improved for that new mechanic by allowing players to turn every mount, including waterstriders, into a water-walking mount?

Maybe wetlands and dust wallow in a gnome… Shallow puddles aren’t our friends :frowning:

Which is how I am absolutely sure you have not actually seen the source material that sparked this debate, or at the very least did not thoroughly examine.
You will get your first item for free (provided you already own a water-strider). You can then put it on any mount you want.
If you don’t want a second water-walker, you never have to go rebuy anything.

Thousand Needles. Eastern and Western Plaguelands. Hillsbrad Foothills.

Basically anywhere that has a lake.

1 Like