Mount equipment is the portal room all over again

They’re taking something away from us (the waterwalking mount) so they can give us something worse in return.

This could have been an amazing system had they just focused on ways they could make the game better with it, but instead they had to go and make something else worse to “encourage” us to use it.

46 Likes

And selling it as a benefit, the way they always do.

I’m just so tired of being handed nerfs wrapped up as gifts.

33 Likes

The smart thing to do would leave water striders alone but make them ineligible for the extra mount gear. They keep their innate water walking so low level toons still get to use them but players can’t double dip with other equipment. If players want to water walk on other mounts then they can buy the equipment. This isn’t hard to figure out, why does Blizzard have so much trouble?

37 Likes

Well, they don’t want players to benefit from two things at once. Have your waterwalking mount, so the strider would still be used, and use one of the other passive abilities like not being dazed so you really just end up with the same situation even if that other ability does not apply to the strider.

The problem is its impact on sub-100 characters.

2 Likes

You… haven’t even tried it yet lol…

4 Likes

Lol it needed a nerf. Its three expansions old now. Instead they need to give current expansions more benefits than prior ones or it just motivtes people to farm mop where no one is and not having fun. We need more current expansion buffs

2 Likes

No one is having fun in BFA that is why older zones have more people then current ones do

14 Likes

Yeah honestly I’m fine with this. I would love to use one of the other 100 mounts I have rather than always having to use that ugly bug anyway. I’ll take driving across the surface of the water with a motorcycle anyday.

5 Likes

They literally told us how this would work in the stream. They even outright said it couldn’t be used by sub-100 toons.

If you want to be willfully ignorant that’s fine, but don’t attack others for looking at the facts.

6 Likes

Oh give it a rest. This change is awesome and they should have done it earlier.

3 Likes

:popcorn:
I think we’re just being logical and waiting to try it before we whine about it.

1 Like

I’m ok with mount equipment change as long as blizz doesn’t abandon it and neglect it in future development and leave a huge gaping hole of broken functions.

I’m glad I can finally take that mount off my bar. Could care less if they remove WW from it, something they should have done years ago.

2 Likes

checks watch, then calander yep, it’s about that time

I missed the show on this, but are they doing something along the lines of giving everybody the DK ability “Path of Frost”?

3 Likes

Amen. Let’s get started on those vendor mounts and the mailbox toy from Legion next.

5 Likes

It didn’t need a nerf at all. People worked for it, they earned it, and they used it as intended.

Sounds like you’re one of those who wanted everybody else’s rewards taken away from them so you won’t feel bad about how you didn’t bother to farm it up.

Max level players have far too many “buffs” already at the expense of lower levels.

A lot of people were ready to quit over this before. I guess devs figure sending loads of previously unknown posters to post about how great an idea it is to disable mounts you worked for.

How about an RNG system that randomly removes a mount from your collection every month, because how can you feel accomplished if you don’t keep earning rewards?

13 Likes

Next buff on the list: Blow your whistle and you are transported to the closest uncompleted daily quest"

I mentioned this to my mythic raider boyfriend who quit in January. He said, yeah, not coming back.

You mean like they’re doing with the water strider?

2 Likes

People worked for it and they were useful for 2.5 expansions. If thats not value I do not know what is. Fact is I lost all my legion gears usefulness at the end of the expansion along with a bunch of other things. I farmed that gear alot more than people farmed that mount.

I have always had an opinion that mounts should have traits such as water walking earned per expansion instead of having players go back two or three expansions to farm that. Nah I prefer having it farmable in this expansion. Especially for new players that do not have all of mop farmed out. Im not too emotional about this at all. You clearly are. But thats because you got used to using this one expansion mount for everything and are forgetting that we are also getting flying.

I wish they released these mount buffs sooner, like 8.0.