Mount drop chances on Legacy raids?

Legacy loot, again, doesn’t work this way. With group loot yeah, it’s possible to see more than one rare item drop. It’s just highly unlikely.

Confusion and niche exceptions aside, the real answer OP is you should be going in solo if you’re mount farming and it’s old enough.

If you require a group because it’s not overgeared yet, or there is some weird mechanic that requires more than 1 person I would still go with the least amount of people I could.

I’ve helped a couple people through old old raids just because they asked for help because they never did it themselves and out of about five times helping a mount dropped once and they won it… grrrr because of course they quit WoW shortly after

Not sure what you mean by “again.” I didn’t say it was personal loot. The mount can still be group loot, but in a wonky way, still be given to a random person without people having to roll on it. At least that’s what folks claim is happening.

You said this at first, though.

We are talking about two different systems. They are going to work differently. Not sure what’s so hard to process about that.

Okay, my bad, I see what the confusion is now.

This is about vengeance’s Reins, which isn’t yet legacy loot.

This was your reponse right after, which got me a bit confused and made me equivocate the two things.

But then what makes group loot different from personal?

I’ll let you look into the differences between personal loot and group loot. :sweat_smile:

I mean when it comes to mounts, since by every description of Group loot I’ve seen, it would make no sense for a mount that’s supposedly group loot to drop more than once for multiple players.

I would just reiterate what I said above for the OP, because of the confusion always solo or run with the least number of people possible when mount farming.

Also, always take a random comment on Wowhead or the forums with a grain of salt.

1 Like

I just want to start to start the conversation over if that helps resolve any confusion.

1. I made a statement about mount loot drops in general.

2. I was confused about how Legacy loot works.

3. I brought up another mount, Vegeance’s Reins, which is not legacy loot, and is apparently not personal loot either, meaning it’s group loot.

4. Multiple people on multiple sites, including the Secret Finding Discord, where I just asked, have claimed they saw two Vengeance’s Reins Drop. The person I argued with claimed that was possible with group loot.

5. If the mount is truly group loot, afaik, hat should mean that there’s a 1% chance to drop the mount per raid. It’s just random who gets it or they’d have to roll on it. The former is apparently true for Vengeance’s Reins. So if the mount is group loot and also not legacy loot, how can two mounts drop?

1 Like

Maybe this will help:

Legacy loot and group loot are, AGAIN, two different systems, and they both have their own ways of loot distribution. Legacy loot rules don’t apply to SL raids yet, meaning that legacy loot is irrelevant to Vengeance’s Reins. I’m still trying to figure out what you aren’t getting.

Vengeance’s Reins are group loot, meaning that one or more can, potentially, drop at once for the entire group to roll on. A 1% chance is still a chance, and since multiple items usually drop for an entire raid, then yeah, it’s possible. If it does drop, everyone can roll on it. There is no “just getting it” and having it randomly fall into your bags under the current system.

This mount WAS personal loot back when it was current and it was a guaranteed drop on Mythic. It also dropped multiple mounts at a time, I believe. It does not do this now and hasn’t since the DF pre-patch at the earliest. When personal loot got switched to group loot, that change also got applied to SL raids at the time, meaning they officially had a group loot system.

Since you’re asking about Vengeance specifically when it was current it was a guaranteed 2 drops per kill for the raid. That’s it, the raid got 2 and passed them as they deemed fit. (Technically for the world first people it was bugged they only got 1 the first week)

the people who are saying they have seen two at once may be older comments and this type of thing may also lead to confusion when you’re researching mount drops and rare spawns, etc. I’ve encountered this myself going after old hunter pets.

1 Like

They aren’t contradictory, though. If a raid is in legacy loot mode, then the the items are still either group loot. Same thing if it’s not in legacy loot mode.

Nobody rolls on Vengeance’s reins, even after SL is over. It just goes into your bags. Proof. There’s an evoker in the raid, and the loading screen clearly shows it’s from Dragonflight. No group has ever reported having to roll on it since then.

https://youtu.be/N4yODgr1Ij4?si=J3fejM36AHIrI1ga

Again, I thought personal loot meant “each Person has a 1% chance to get a mount.” And personal meant “the Raid has a 1% chance to get a mount.” If that were the case, it would never drop more than once.

Multiple people have reported it does, even as group loot and there are screenshots in the Secret finding discord that I’m looking for but haven’t found.

At this point, you have to be feigning ignorance after having this explained to you in great detail, and not just by me. I’m done here. Also, that youtube link is broken even after fixing it up, and I’m not expecting you to find any proof whatsoever.

Works just fine. Too bad. We were literally getting to the heart of the issue, which is that you somehow thought people had to roll on shadowlands mounts.

1 Like

Thank you. I was getting more confused with all the arguing.

So if I have wow1, wow2 and wow3 and can run 3 toons at the same time through a raid to farm mounts, I shouldn’t… I should do each one separately. Is that what you are saying?

1 Like

Yeah it seems like it went off the rails to a bit of a personal conflict, happens all the time in forums for no good reason.

If all three are your accounts and your toons it won’t matter, unless using 3 helps you out making it faster I would just do 1 character.

Generally ignoring the exceptions like Nightbane that I mentioned above you don’t want some stranger to be there with you be wide whether it is “straight to bag,” or “roll on loot,” it’s a bad feeling to see some random get a mount and think it could have been you.

Yeah but what I am specifically trying to get at is my chances on mount drop to maximize time.

Lets say I want Molten Core from Nighthold. Should I run 1 toon from all 3 of my accounts (all on same bnet) at the SAME TIME (grouped) or do them ONE at a time (individually) to increase chances of getting mount FASTER?

The Mechagon achievement mount also is 20% chance per player who is there, so with 3 players there, we had 1 attempt where one didn’t drop.

They have meddled a LOT with mount drop chances in recent years, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the other legacy mounts had similar dependencies.

1 Like

One at a time. If you do all three together you’ll have a 1% chance to get the mount (or whatever the drop rate is)

If you do three seperate runs you’ll have a 1% and then another 1% and then another 1% so in theory you triple your chances each week. And yes I understand that isn’t how percentages work before anyone yells at me but it’s close enough.