Mount doesnt say any difficulty any more

The mount isn’t cool enough for me to consider boosting. It takes too long and has too many bosses, so it won’t be cheap. I also can’t buy tokens because of region restrictions, so even if I was willing to give them my money (which I’m not), I wouldn’t be able to do it. I’d rather spend my gold on other cooler stuff.

On the other hand, people only running LFR on the weekly basis, won’t get enough gear to pug normal, because nothing outside of the big 3 give gear good enough to join a normal pug.
Not to mention those who don’t have the achievements from past seasons. They’ll also have a rough time getting into groups, who will (reasonably) expect players to know the fights beforehand.

So yeah, everything is set up for LFR players looking to boost.

Also, yeah, I cancelled my subs already. If I want to play, I’ll use the gold I already have. They can’t have my money for now.

3 Likes

Glad our community council is so dedicated to the game!

2 Likes

Yeah lots of people already know the fight, meaning many groups are just gonna be looking for straight numbers from dps, and they can explain the fight.

And mythic+8 will drop from the dungeon itself, the same level as normal, with a much lower effort.

Council was a PR stunt. Nothing more.

I think it’s nice to see some CC stand with us instead of being bootlickers.

To clarify, not saying they’re usually licking boots. I’m commenting on the view that a lot of people have for the CC.

7 Likes

You conveniently left out he isn’t happy with the current state. A good leader does the right thing, even if it’s hard, or if shills demonize it.

3 Likes

you people are seriously this upset over a SLIME MOUNT?? just another cat skeleton???

We’re getting literal dragons with endless customizations.

Relax.

2 Likes

Really disappointing. As usual, no real communication. I’m sure the anger on the forums does keep them from replying to players sometimes but they really should have at least apologized. Waiting until literally the last minute to change this is scummy and even if it originally had been a mistake, they should have kept it in or at least gave a heartfelt apology. You would think Blizz would be trying harder to get in their players’ good graces after all the recent news and mistakes. Even the mention of friendship runs as a justification makes no sense. Killing 30 bosses is MUCH harder to organize in stead of 1 boss for AOTC for hundreds of people.

The nasty comments toward those who dislike this change makes this worse. Maybe Normal is not a big deal to the majority of players but to those who have issues with health, time, or anxiety this is a big blow.

I was dumb to buy a 6 month sub right before all this stuff happens. Let’s hope the kinder side of the community can help people get the mount who may not since it’s not LFR anymore. Although I assume it will be mostly gold boosts.

2 Likes

Better to have both those things than only 1, or worse none.

Folks all well within reason to be upset. If this was a mistake on Blizzards part, then they should have clarified it 3 months ago.

5 Likes

It was the second place mount in the mount contest.

4 Likes

If you’ve followed you’d know it’s not because of a slime mount. It’s because blizzard said in text, that they changed about a few hours ago saying “any” raid difficulty would be able to get the mount. It’s about LFR players believing they would get it, and feeling like Blizz snatched it from them, which is exactly what happened. There’s next to zero motivation for casuals to return for season 4, because Blizzard is just stupid at making decisions.

5 Likes

When the mount was first introduced, Blizz specifially stated it was rewarded from Normal mode. Heroic would grant a title and Mythic would grant portals.

The idea that the mount came from LFR was never stated by Blizzard but came from peoples interpretation of an achievement.

Does Blizzard lose peoples faith by re-stating it came from normal and clarifying the achievemnts or would they lose more faith by allowing LFR to grant the mount and go back on thier previous statement that it came from normal mode only.

You’re so right. I was able to hack into the servers and change the wording on this achievement. Blizzard totes had nothing to do with it:

p.s. And in case anyone else wasn’t sure what “all difficulties” meant, I also hacked onto Blizzard official website and clarfied what that meant:

10 Likes

If it’s up for interpretation then that’s the problem.

This isn’t the 1st amendment that they have to be careful about saying what specifically is and isn’t free speech, it’s a pixelated mount in a game owned by a private company with complete control.

We may discuss licking boots the moment i get paid. A lot.

1 Like

Just like that the achievement got memoryholed.

No where does it state LFR included. We assumed that any difficutky meant to include LFR as it has done with previous achievements, but that is us assuming so.

When the cat was first introduced, Blizz said it came from Normal mode completion.

Our interpretation vs what they actually said.

I just …

I can’t anymore…

4 Likes

Feels like trolling, but that sounds like a bait and switch.

Not saying it is, but if this were for a legitimate product people had to buy it would be one.

1 Like

I’m still confused as to what the issue here is.

LFR players can qual for it…so can mythic players…

So it’s a win/win?