Mount Count broken?

Is the mount count broken? I’ve gotten 2 mounts in the last 2 days and the mount count for mount achievements has not gone up. Yes I checked on all of my toons that may have more mounts and none of the counts have risen by 2.

I got the Honeyback Harvester and the Proudmoore Sea Scout.

Try logging onto a character that might have extra class specific mounts like a paladin. I had the same problem but because my paladin character had all the class specific mounts like the class hall, argent tourny paladin mount and the basic trained ones my tracker went up when i logged onto it.

For those struggling to understand why sometimes the achievement does not increase, after some testing I came up with these findings:

Let’s start with a simple scenario where on your account you have a rogue and a warrior and both have 10 mounts. No unique or exclusive mounts present, both characters can use 10 mounts.

You can check on Statistics > Gear > Mounts owned that both characters have 10 mounts.
You can check on the mounts Achievement that you have 10 mounts.

Now let’s pretend you got a gladiator mount on your rogue, which currently is exclusive to the rogue.
At this precise moment, the rogue mounts owned will go to 11.
The warrior mounts owned stays 10.
A script will run for your Mount achievement progress and check, is the mounts owned of this character (the rogue) greater than the current progress? Yes, because 11 > 10, so update the achievement progress also to 11.

So current status is
Rogue mounts owned: 11
Warrior mounts owned: 10
Achievement progress: 11

Now let’s pretend you got a mount on your warrior, but not an exclusive one.
At this precise moment, the warrior mount goes to 11.
The rogue mounts goes to 12.
A script will run for your Mount achievement progress and check, is the mounts owned of this character (the warrior) greater than the current progress? No, because 11 is not > 11, so DO NOT update the achievement progress.

So current status is
Rogue mounts owned: 12
Warrior mounts owned: 11
Achievement progress: 11

THAT’s why sometimes you will get a mount but not see an increase on the achievement tracker!

Now let’s pretend you got a mount on your rogue, but not an exclusive one.
At this precise moment, the rogue mount goes to 13.
The warrior mounts goes to 12.
A script will run for your Mount achievement progress and check, is the mounts owned of this character (the rogue) greater than the current progress? Yes, because 13 is > 11, so DO update the achievement progress to 13.

THAT’s why you sometimes will get ONE mount but see an increase of 2 on the achievement tracker!

So if you want to “fix” your achievement progress, you just need to get a mount on any character where their mounts owned is bigger than the current achievement progress.

While Blizzard support article (https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/4738) do say that you can log on other characters to trigger an update, I didn’t experience that working reliably.
Only by getting a mount on a given character where their mounts owned was bigger than the achievement progress that I saw the achievement being updated all the time.

I hope that helps.