Motivation Killing SoM Character Deletion on Conclusion

Hahaha Archeage, never touched it.

Dunno why you’re on the forums whining then.

You get ready for the next season like we all know you will already do anyway.

Come on…

It’s always funny when people assume the intent of others after they have already stated otherwise.

I am not playing this if it’s a dead end.

I’m not trying to be rude, but I’m happy if this makes you not play. I’m looking forward to SoM just having people who are there for the fun of Classic Wow.

Journey before destination. That’s what this is all about.

2 Likes

I think they will change it, when the season ends we will have the option to choose tbc or classic just like we did when TBC launched. Just gotta be vocal about it

What faction will you play on? Server list is out! Come vote everyone!!

COME VOTE Simple Forum Poll (PvP server) NA - In Development / WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

what no? It is called SEASONAL. never once was expansions mentioned. I thought literally every single person knew this.

So what, seasons are now TWO years because it is classic AND TBC?

it’s just where to transfer them when the season is over. Once the season is over I am just suggesting to have the option where to transfer the character. I said nothing about two year seasons. So not sure what you’re talking about, like when the season is over what does it matter or why do you care where a character gets transferred?

transfer them to a dead server like original classic wow and waste money?

I don’t understand what you are trying to say. When Classic was over we had the option where to transfer our characters. TBC launched and there was a button, either stay on the classic era or move on to TBC. There was no money involved. That’s all I’m suggesting they do at the end of the season. Give that same option. I really don’t understand why you are making a fuss.

Correct. And the servers were dead with 5 people on them.

Yes there is money. blizzard has to PAY for the servers.

I want to be able to transfer my character to the current classic servers not the dead vanilla servers that will be even more dead when WOTLK comes out

Well, for something more besides the SEASON when it ends, it will be possible to transfer the characters to the Classic Era. It would be interesting if Blizzard put a system of achievements, titles, rewards in Classic Era for those who passed such SEASON (1, 2, 3). Improving the RP look of the game. And maybe release new content or events from time to time on Classic Era servers so we can use our characters from a certain SEASON.

The ideal post for me to enter the arena.

Thank you for the comment, your opinion has been tarnished and it gives me an opportunity to speak on this topic…whether you are trolling or not. I don’t have to read any replies to give this input either.

How many people in this thread leveled to 60 on the WoW SoM Beta Server?

I play horde on the main beta server that was opened to start the “play testing” for SoM… I am one of two people, still to this day, that has leveled a toon to 60 on the beta server on horde (I can not speak for alliance because I am not there) maybe a dozen people in total in the community leveled to 60 ono the beta test server.

The whole point of this beta server “play test” was to give direct feedback in terms of phase 1 raid updates and “bug reporting” for quests, instances, etc… (there is literally a giant button that you can’t remove on your screen to contribute, I have made videos on YouTube about this topic as well).

To think that characters would roll over into a live setting is pompous. This server is here to give the community an opportunity to experience the “Adventure Awaits” Buff for leveling and the updates to Molten Core & Onyxia before live occurs; at the same time giving Blizzard the opportunity to get direct feedback in the process of developing “WoW Classic+/Fresh/SoM/WHATEVERYOUWANTTOCALLIT”.

This server never had a population. If you actually played through the beta test you would know this.

This is my FIRST PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT to the community…

Stop complaining & moaning and start contributing to the future of this game and community we love.

I appreciate the time, enjoy your gameplay, for real though:)!!!

Wow…this dude actually took the time to post this unironically. :joy:

You think we are talking about the beta server rolling into launch? LOL!

Please reread the entire topic. You could use the reading comprehension practice.

But I don’t want to progress to other versions of wow because vanilla is superior to all of them. If anything, they’re going to be adding substantial new content for vanilla down the road.

I thought about this in depth from my perspective and came to the following conclusion comparing Classic Era with SoM. Please correct me if I’m wrong about anything I write here going forward.

I want to create a brand new character in WOW Classic. One of my new character’s goals is to get exalted with AV/AB/WSG. I don’t care about ranking, just getting exalted with those factions. If I start a new character today on a regular Classic Era server, this goal is impossible, right? Therefore, I’m forced to create a new character on SoM to accomplish this goal. All of my other goals can be accomplished on a regular Classic Era server with the help of a guild, no problem.

Let me know…

One thing that’s being missed is that some of the more rare classic achievements will be possible again with SoM. For example, the Rank 14 grind is half the time and the AQ gates will be opened again, so players who grinded those rewards because they wouldn’t be able to do it again would see their servers flooded at the end of each season – eventually just invalidating the time they committed for something rare because so many were able to do it again and again.

During the year, they might change their minds.

Because classic wow is fun. If you don’t worry about the future and focus on the present, you can get a lot of enjoyment out of the game.

1 Like