Motivation Killing SoM Character Deletion on Conclusion

I was literally getting on here to say the same thing. Although, it sucks, Id rather have a good time with it regardless. Maybe over the next 12 months, when they see this take off, they will find a better end option for our fresh progression. They (Blizzard) seem to be changing their mind and letting the wind blow them left and right lately, so dont count your chickens before they hatch. If it ends after a year, o well… but if they find an alternative to transferring to a dead classic Era server, then so be it. But one thing is true, if /when they see a big dropoff on subs after SoM 1 is over, they will learn from it.

Don’t make things difficult on yourself. The original game was fun, not hard just fun but world buffs made boss fights a

• sub-60-second-mechanicless-piñata.
1 Like

I don’t think anyone is keeping characters as trophies, we just want to continue playing our characters in additional content that is already there.

But, I’m willing to bet you’ll transfer that character to a dead classic realm instead of let it get deleted from the SoM server. What do you call that? :thinking:

Regardless, I don’t really understand all the toxic replies here. If you don’t want to continue to BC, don’t, and let your character get deleted or move it to a classic realm. But why would you adamantly oppose the desire for others to continue playing their characters in the next expansion. It’s weird.

Why would I do that when season 2 would presumably be right around the corner?

I don’t have any characters on Classic Era and I don’t plan on having any. The only way I’d go to Classic era servers is if they were doing something to prevent them from becoming graveyards.

1 Like

And that’s exactly what Blizzard is giving up. THAT’S THE PROBLEM!

We cannot continue to use our characters in the NEXT state of WoW. We can’t move on to BC or Wrath or anything of the sort.

All you get a is a trophy on a dead realm. That’s equivalent to character deletion.

This is a complete dead end, waste of time.

This dude gets it.

Why dont you just roll a character on TBC realms? There is even a 58 boost…like what? This is a non issue.

2 Likes

Ok this requires a double post.

TBCC likely wont even being going on in its current iterration? What you’d rather go to some dead TBCC “era” realms after people currently playing it are done?

You guys are being so dense about this.

I don’t think it’s that at all. He’s saying he’d like to continue to progress his character. Which coincidently is what an RPG is all about. There’s nothing to mock about that.

It’s unfortunate there aren’t more options but honestly, this feels like a half baked operation. Kinda like they’re making it up as they go.

2 Likes

It’s shocking to me that people aren’t understanding the concept here.

This is simply a way to play the same game you love, but within a shortened time frame. That’s it. It’s a challenge. It’s a season. When SoM starts again (if they do it again) the next time, it’s a brand new start and you go from there. This isn’t meant to be a springboard to play all the expansions from. At the end, you get a free transfer to Classic Era. You may or may not be able to pay to transfer it to TBC, then if WotLK Classic comes out, you may be able to continue it that way.

For now, the free transfer, is to a Classic Era.

This whole thing isn’t meant for you to get overly attached to your character after this experience. It’ll be rinse and repeat. Each time, a bit more challenging, but either way, it’s not deleted, so you get that.

2 Likes

Cry more, we need more rivers on Azeroth, my god… people playing fresh servers on private servers for years wich lead us to the release of classic on 2019 and now people crying because blizzard do their own fresh. You want your characther to live forever on a progressive realms? Go play Shadowlands, I heard have been progressive since 2005

lol what? do you not know the definition of SEASON is?

3 Likes

Hahaha Archeage, never touched it.

Dunno why you’re on the forums whining then.

You get ready for the next season like we all know you will already do anyway.

Come on…

It’s always funny when people assume the intent of others after they have already stated otherwise.

I am not playing this if it’s a dead end.

I’m not trying to be rude, but I’m happy if this makes you not play. I’m looking forward to SoM just having people who are there for the fun of Classic Wow.

Journey before destination. That’s what this is all about.

2 Likes

I think they will change it, when the season ends we will have the option to choose tbc or classic just like we did when TBC launched. Just gotta be vocal about it

What faction will you play on? Server list is out! Come vote everyone!!

COME VOTE Simple Forum Poll (PvP server) NA - In Development / WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

what no? It is called SEASONAL. never once was expansions mentioned. I thought literally every single person knew this.

So what, seasons are now TWO years because it is classic AND TBC?

it’s just where to transfer them when the season is over. Once the season is over I am just suggesting to have the option where to transfer the character. I said nothing about two year seasons. So not sure what you’re talking about, like when the season is over what does it matter or why do you care where a character gets transferred?

transfer them to a dead server like original classic wow and waste money?