Most people do not want Fresh Servers

Having a server available early in the life of the entire game and having them open more servers when there are already dead servers are two very different things.

What exactly do you want from a fresh server? What can it offer you that a dead one can’t?

1 Like

I’m often so skeptical of comments that begin “most players…”

6 Likes

I think having fresh servers make ppl play there instead of dead server. Idk wy, i think it’s psychological trick.

Dead servers are the same.

Maybe they want to experience things that are not available on dead servers.

Based off OPs logic, most WoW players didn’t want Classic either yet here we are.

7 Likes

Do you honestly believe people will want to stick around in phase six indefinitely, now that would be beyond short sighted.

Why do you feel the need to make us play on dead servers? Why not just delete those servers and then we can have new ones if they are so dead? I really don’t see why you’re so infatuated with the idea of redeveloping dead servers.

2 Likes

This is more than likely a thread named “most people do not want fresh servers” so that it gets a lot of replies and makes it look like people are behind the OPs intent. I’m going to save my time for threads that are backing what I want, which is FRESH SERVERS BABY haha

2 Likes

I do not want to play from 0 again. This is the mindset of people used to play on pirate/illegal servers.

2 Likes

Why open new servers when they already exist? What about the players that still play on those?

2 Likes

How do you know the mindset of people who play on private/illegal servers?

I like how you speak for most people without any data to back this up.

2 Likes

because thats what they’re asking for. they want to reprogress through classic wow over and over again. i spent a few hours earlier trying to explain that they don’t exist in a vacuum and that if they were allowed to do what they want they’d just ruin the game for people like us who want to stay in classic as it is, indefinitely. you can look at my post history to see my posts. and you’ll see their “responses.” lol

3 Likes

OK now I’m confused.

Are you saying people who used to play on private/illegal servers want to progress Classic?

And how do you know that the people who are asking to progress also played on private/illegal servers? I’m just not making the quantum leap with you here.

Fresh servers are 1. A turn off for Elitist toxic min/max players who already have full tier 3 and will be using thunderfury until sunwell, so a community would be a lot stronger without these players being as it is highly unlikely they would want to give up the last year of gains to just reroll fresh. Fresh servers also allow for new communities and relationships to flourish being as their aren’t already present top guilds on servers. The market is also much more likely to regulated from the start being as their aren’t large amounts of gold on a fresh server. Fresh servers have transfer bans as well so all of the people above can’t transfer to them which dead servers can’t protect from. The players who play on dead servers are more than welcome to, it’s just not fair to make players who want a fresh experience roll on them due to the above stated factors.

9 Likes

they want to do the whole classic wow thing again. redo the phases from phase 1 to phase 6. over and over and over again. on fresh servers. it’s a private server thing that only existed because their pirate servers were shut down by blizz over and over again. it doesn’t make sense to people who haven’t been a part of that community. i didn’t understand the point either initially tbh.

edit i am not assuming. they said as much and even lashed out at me for not also playing on private servers. XD

2 Likes

Simple. Because that is what they did all the time. Hopping from server to server after it was closed either by legal action or server drama.

Those are the one asking for fresh classic, fresh TBC, fresh fresh.

That is common pirate server player’s mindset.

I assume you’ve never heard of or played path of exile or Diablo hard-core mode with new seasons. Every season is a hard reset of all characters and it is quite popular. I’m not sure it would have quite the following in wow but there is other successful games out there that have a very similar set up.

4 Likes

I don’t think that is what is being asked for here. I think the people who want fresh servers want servers unafflicted with messy economy, etc.

I think it’s ludicrous to progress Classic servers to TBC and then require players who want to remain in Classic to make that choice. I assumed “museum” piece means stand-alone.

5 Likes

i had never heard of F R E S H at all before i started posting in the classic forums. and someone had to explain it to me because i didn’t understand. the idea of it seemed illogical to me. why would i keep doing the same thing repeatedly and not get to keep my progress? lol. the difference between retail and pirate server mindset. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fresh TBC server advocates care more about the experience than clinging to digital data.

8 Likes