Most notable human in WoW

Probably Garithos.

Lore wise there is no competition for Arthas. His actions created two core playable races and a player class.

How many races changed because Varian blew through town? None, I’d imagine.

Aegwynn Demonpunter is the standout on the field, for sure.

…but can I just take a moment to note that you’re a human male paladin named Shawn? That’s dedication.

I highly recommend Wolfheart by Richard Knaak. It’s a great look at Varian’s life, and the induction of the Worgen into the Alliance.

The audiobook is super awesome, too.

1 Like

It was me! Before the change :frowning:

Another point for my Turalyon argument. His statue is literally the first thing any new human player sees when starting the game.

Medivh has probably done the most to shape the Warcraft Universe of any human.

He was the reason for the dark portal opening, and was fundamental in the 3rd war, convincing the races to put aside their petty factions and defend Azeroth as one.

If not for Medivh and his actions, Warcraft would not be the same universe it is today.

Well that true as he was the only reason the blood elves joined because of their oath to the line of strom. With out lothar it would have just been “humans vs orcs”/troll/ogres.

Ol’ Blanchy

I gave Turalyon a s/o in the OP! Warcraft 3 was my introduction to the Warcraft universe and Arthas’s story was so powerful. That got me into the lore and Aegwynn and Medivh (and the power and prestige of mages generally) were obvious second choices.

If we are talking about amazing humans who achieved great things through tenacity and grit, Turalyon is definitely the MVP. I would place him below the above two in terms of notoriety though, which, like a lot of great people who get overshadowed by less good people, is a shame.

1 Like