Morhaime Apologizes to Women

Mike Morhaime, co-founder of Blizzard apologized late last night to the female employees victimized by the company’s sexual harassment and sexual discrimination.

“To the Blizzard women who experienced any of these things, I am extremely sorry that I failed you,”

“I hear you, I believe you, and I am so sorry to have let you down.”

https://kotaku.com/ex-blizzard-boss-mike-morhaime-to-women-i-failed-you-1847354746/amp

So, all those women still just a bunch of over-emotional liars?

17 Likes

If I were his lawyer, I’d have beaten him. You NEVER EVER EVER admit fault, even in a roundabout way, unless you’re guilty as sin.

11 Likes

He should of never said anything.

Makes him look guilty.

I do hope the woman hurt in this do get justice, but from a legal standpoint he should of kept quiet.

11 Likes

His lawyers wrote that statement.

He co-founded the company. At the very least he’s guilty by indifference.

8 Likes

If that’s the case, then even the defense lawyers have zero ground to stand on.

They’re toast.

If he is really sorry to have let them down then his sorry butt needs to cooperate with investigators and he needs to pay the legal fees for all those women he admits failing.

6 Likes

In an ideal world, yes.

Practically speaking, probably not.

I love it when you’re idealistic.

3 Likes

I was going to suggest that the women get together and alter some anatomy but that would probably get me banned. :grin:

3 Likes

He pretty much admitted fault, Blizzard probably expects to lose so there’s probably evidence of the guilt, even if not it’s blood in the water. Dumb move -IF- the allegations are false as it looks as if there was a known problem but he did nothing about it.

1 Like

I doubt his lawyers think so.

1 Like

It is if the allegations are false, I think it’s legit. I’m almost certain they know they’re going to lose, they’re going to settle and will do this as a virtue signal along with some money tossed at some shelters or groups and call it good.

3 Likes

Should have gone the Governor Cuomo route and denied everything grabbed a pint and waited until the whole thing blew over.

16 Likes

You referencing Shaun of the dead there made me feel good. Thanks professor feelgood.

4 Likes

Mike at least has the balls to stand up and do something right even if he’s not a part of Blizz anymore; that’s got some respect from me.

Shame the others can’t do the same; things need to start somewhere and recognizing a problem is the first step to a better society.

8 Likes

Except the allegations aren’t false. Everyone knows it’s the truth. Blizzard folks from all levels of the company are speaking up and saying “yup, totally true.”

4 Likes

These letters look like Damage Control and PR to me.

It should have never happened in the first place.

4 Likes

As someone who’s more on your side of this discussion than not… I’d still say that isn’t an accurate place to stand. Everyone deserves their day in court. You don’t get to play mob justice…

I just hope the CA lawyers do their job and make sure it sticks if true.

9 Likes

Agreed…

/10char

Is he even implicated in the lawsuit?

Ummmm…

Correct.

It is accurate.

No one’s saying that Blizzard shouldn’t have its day in court.

I absolutely have the right to comment and have an opinion. That hardly qualifies as mob justice.

7 Likes