More Runeblade Weapons

So I will just say I think we should have more Runeblades weapons in the game that only we can use. And not just xmogs I mean as actual weapons or have blizzard give us a skin that when we carve runes on a weapon it changes its apperance to a Runeblade version of that weapon

5 Likes

I agree, but Blizzard generally seems to be moving away from class specific mog. It’s sad, but true for the time being.

4 Likes

And moving away from Class-specific mogs is a dumb idea. as MANY people play for Class fantasy. If the only options are generic non-class specific looks then people will lose their vibe and leave.
Character expression is incredibly important for an MMO so veering away from that harms the game. And the two prime forms of player expression choice comes from Race, and Class. As such we need race-specific mogs, and Class-specific. Additionally a mix of both. Raids? Yeah too much raid flavour. Which having raid flavour is good but… not everyone wants Raid flavoured this or that. Plenty out there that want purist options. Raw class feel.

The DK weapon set from legionfall was good. but definitely want more.

4 Likes

At the least we need some runic themed hammers. They’re the only class of weapon we use that doesn’t have one. Plus LK Bolvar uses one so it’s needed. Maybe with blue flame since Bolvar was repping frost in his fight with the banshie.

2 Likes

Other classes use runeblades as well like mages for instance, and I dont expect Blizzard to go through and make an alternative of every single weapon that we can equip and make a runeforged version of said weapon.

Honestly, I would love to get a transmog for the runeblade from the Maldrax storyline. It was a very simple, yet elegant blade.

4 Likes

Can we get an updated version of the 2h axe and 2h sword for completing the lights hope battle of the dk starting zone

5 Likes

Can we get tj brand new frostmourne that they made for legion but didn’t give us

5 Likes

we could use some Scythe runeblades. im currently mogging spooky scythe and wish there was more

3 Likes

I agree we need more runeblades xmog and we should get them not how they have been making them. We put our runes on a weapon its look should be changed into a runeblade and that should be in our transmog system so we can go back and use it. Any weapon we put runes in should have a rune blade skin and it wouldn’t be that hard or take that long to do

True, but DKs are the only ones who use these particular runeblades, which are inscribed with Death Magic from the Maw and Maldraxxus. So DKs could get exclusive runeblades for them.

1 Like

We inscribe the weapons. Runeforging is that thing.

That is true. We create our own runeblades.

Wouldn’t that just be new enchant skins then?

Lets us craft them if they say they feel out of place in raid loot settings. Did you know that ESO lets you craft armor in EVERY style in the game in all 3 armor types they have? Light, medium, and heavy. They made crafting a MAIN focus there. we need that so badly.

Spirit forms or genesis motes crafting , but weapon transmog. :3

No because enchant isn’t a skin when we go to a forge and place a rune on a weapon it changes it we should have rune blade skins/runeblades better than the cosmetic crap blizz has gicen us since Legion. We need actual runeblades

Id love to see Runeblades as a craftable specialty for blacksmiths! with lil bonus that affect different abilities of the class/spec

2 Likes

We actually did get some rune hammers. They arent flashy and dont glow, but theyre there.

1 Like

So more than just Generic Dungeon Sword but now with some glowy symbols above the blade?

What about then… A new type of weapon, called Runeblades. Take a 1h or 2h weapon to a runeforge and it gets turned into a Runeblade of equivalent stats. Has X amount of Rune Slots, say based on rarity and 1h or 2h. 1h’s having half the rune slots of 2h’s. Greens have 1/2, blues have 2/4 and purple have 3/6
Then based on the runes you carve you get different sigils along the blade and maybe a different skin.

Like as Frost I might carve X K W V on my blade and it gets an icy tint with blue glowing X K W V runes on it.
Or as unholy with Y H I E that makes it drip with plague and the runes glow green.

it’d be a total overhaul of the runeforging system, but given the backend would be really similar to artifact weapon relics…